Search the Boards

Search Results for "glamorganshire" - 1,467 Messages

per page

REES(E) and PRICE (PRYCE) Posted on: 31 Oct 1998, by R.A. Bagley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

Husband, Thomas J. REES, was born 8 October 1807 in Eglwysilan parish, Glamorganshire, Wales. Died in St. Clair, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Wife, Ann PRICE (or PRYCE), was born 29 March 1810 in Blackwood, Be...

James JAMES (1815-1888) Posted on: 22 Dec 1998, by R. A. Bagley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...honorable life. He was aged 73 years, 7 months and 28 days. James James was born in Pontaberbargold (sic), Glamorganshire, Wales on March 24, 1815, the son of Evan James. His early years were not crowned with thos...

GRIFFITHS/JONES Posted on: 21 May 1998, by  phershberger1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

John GRIFFITHS (b.1799) ; wife, Elizabeth JONES GRIFFITHS left Glamorganshire, Wales in 1831 with their 4 yr. old son David J. GRIFFITHS for New York, later Pennsylvania and eventually settling in southeastern Ohio...

Re: FRANKLIN Posted on: 04 Apr 1998, by Terry Dean Olson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

I have begun to look at Swansea, West Glamorganshire, Wales, records regarding Franklins, as the Franklins in this line (of mine) seem to be found wherever there is a town named Swansea/Swanzey: ie Bristol County, ...

Morgan Boone Connection Posted on: 19 Dec 1998, by  curmudgeonatl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Delaware > Counties > New Castle

...seems to have come from northern Wales, while Col. Morgan Morgan is usually described as coming from Glamorganshire. I've seen nothing in the way of hard documentation to back up either point.

GARRETSON, MORGAN, POWELL Posted on: 25 Mar 1998, by  curmudgeonatl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Delaware > Counties > New Castle

...information on Morgan MORGAN=Catharine GARRETSON, New Castle Co DE, 1713. Morgan was born about 1688 in Wales (Glamorganshire), parents unknown (father sometimes identified as John, but I've seen no hard evidence t...

THOMAS, John Rhys Posted on: 24 Oct 1998, by  elajay

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > General

...b:Mar 3 1838,Wales, d:Mar 1894,Monongah, WV, USA,married Anna Ruth WATKINS b:Mar 26 1850,Cwm-turch, Glamorganshire Wales. They met in Pennsylvania and married in Olyphant, PA, May 24 1869. Don't know where in Wales...

"Roots" Posted on: 23 Nov 1998, by Comer, V,

Glamorganshire

Family roots Posted on: 23 Nov 1998, by Comer V

Glamorganshire

GWYTHER Posted on: 19 Dec 1998, by Matt Cross

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Glamorgan > General

...Thomas Gwyther and his family. He was born abt. 1828 in Monmouthshire, but his wife Mary ? was born in Glamorganshire. They lived in Girardville, PA in 1860's & 70's.

Research Tips Posted on: 19 Dec 1998, by Matt Cross

I am interested in any tips on genealogical research in Wales, specifically Glamorganshire and Monmouthshire. Are there Census records or Tax records available for review here in US?

Roderick Family and forename Elias Posted on: 23 Dec 1998, by  throderick

...Ann, b. Breconshire came into Blaenafon in 1800. My grandfather told me that they lived previously in Glamorganshire. They named a son ELIAS, and I hope that perhaps a parish with a relatively high concentration of...

George H. Lewis Posted on: 27 Dec 1998, by Debbie Vick

Seeking information on George H. Lewis, b. 7-30-1844 in Glamorganshire, Wales. Parents were Thomas and Mary (Davis) Lewis. Went to America date unknown. Settled Johnstown, Pa. Worked as miner and then as teamster. ...

PRICE, RICHARDS, WILLIAMS Posted on: 27 Jul 1998, by  Ann Bergelt

Margaret Ann PRICE, born 1853, Merthyr Tidfyl, Glamorganshire. Parents Elizabeth RICHARDS, William PRICE. Price family from Llangadock/Carmarthenshire. RICHARDS family from Glamorganshire, next generation back includes WILLIAMS....

Rees, Richards, Price Posted on: 09 Sep 1998, by  MaryAnnRyder

Looking for ancestors of Richard Richards who came from Merthyr Tydfil (Glamorganshire) and came to Pennsyvlania about 1840 to work in the coal mines. His wife was Catherine Emanuel. His daughter, Anne, married Tho...

Thomas J. REES and Ann PRICE Posted on: 01 Nov 1998, by R.A. Bagley

...REES and his siblings (David, Eli, and Eleanor) were christened in Groes-wen Chapel, Eglwysilan Parish, Glamorganshire, Wales) during the period 1807-1816. Thomas J. REES and Ann PRICE (born 1810 in Monmouthshire,...

DAVIS/BRISLEY Posted on: 05 Aug 1998, by Jean Patterson

Searching for information about the ancestors of Rev. William DAVIS b. 1663 in Lianstephan, Glamorganshire m. Elizabeth BRISLEY. The Davises emigrated to the U.S.,first to Rhode Island and then to Monmouth, NJ to e...

Davis, wm Posted on: 03 Dec 1998, by Judy Daniels

We have traced our parentage to Glamorganshire, Wales. My father family are still in the Seventh Day Baptist Church in Salem, Wva. Rv. William1663-1745 Rev John 1692-1751 Thomas WIlliam 1719-1791? Nathan Davis 1740...

DAVIES, DAVIS Posted on: 13 Aug 1998, by  jrd3

Looking for info on family of John DAVIES with son John DAVIES (DAVIS) b.1833 Rhondda Valley, Glamorganshire, Wales. Emigrated to USA in 1841. See my DAVIS web page at http://www.genealogy.org/~jrd/j_davis.htm. Tha...

HOPKINS Posted on: 23 Aug 1998, by Sharon Wilkins

Looking for ancestors of Thomas HOPKINS born 15 October 1822 Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales

MORGAN Posted on: 10 Sep 1998, by  lyrad22

...married Susan MORGAN and had the following children: Rachel b. 1682, Charles b. 1686, Morgan b. 1 Nov 1688 Glamorganshire, Wales, d. 17 Nov 1766 Berkeley Co., WV USA, Zackquill b. 1690, and Evan b. 1691. I show tha...

Looking for Bobbitt Posted on: 16 Sep 1998, by Josh Bobbitt

Looking for ancestors or descendants of William Bobbitt. Born in Glamorganshire in 1649. Moved to US with wife Anna Sturdivant (1652) and received land grant in 1670's. Possible sister named Ann, and possible broth...

Information on Captain Charles P. THOMAS Posted on: 24 Sep 1998, by Barbara-Ann Reid

...on my maternal great-grandfather, who was, Captain Charles Philip THOMAS b. 3 June 1828, Newbridge, Glamorganshire, Wales. Immigrated to Nova Scotia and married Isabella Bishop. I am seeking any information on him.

Aberdare family of Evans/Davis Posted on: 19 Nov 1998, by Muriel Jenkins Bywater

Need info on Richard Davis-Mary Evans family from Aberdare, Glamorganshire. Daughter Jane B Evans and brother Benjamin Evans immigrated to Pennsylvania, USA around 1869. Ages 16-18? They lived in Pittston for a whi...

Ann Morgan Posted on: 06 Nov 1998, by David Farnworth-Martin

Seeking information on Ann Morgan, born February 7, 1834 in Glamorganshire. Parents John Morgan and Mary M. Morgan. Emigrated to America in 1841, settling in Pennsylvania.

Parents and relatives of Stephen Davies b. 1805, Pembrokshire, Wales Posted on: 12 Nov 1998, by  MarcelleneG

...1805, Pembrokeshire, Wales; d. 12 April 1884, age 79 at 72 Yew Street, Troedyrhiw Lower, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire, Wales; buried 16 April 1884, Aberfan Cemetery, Merythyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire, Wales. His wife was Sarah J...

creed family Posted on: 12 Nov 1998, by Catherine Creed

Matthew Phillip CREED born about 1833 GLAMORGANSHIRE, died October 05, 1904 at Hot Water Beach, Whitianga, New Zealand. His mother was Ann Amelia Creed, don't know her maiden name. He had an Aunt Charlotte Cock and...

Lewise-Griffith Posted on: 26 Nov 1998, by Elaine Barsosky

Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire. William Lewis was b 1837 and died on the 14th of March, 1899. He married Mary Griffith b 1839 d on the 10th of May, 1916. Their children were: Thomas, William, James, Samuel, Samuel,...

James JAMES (1815-1888) Posted on: 22 Dec 1998, by R. A. Bagley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

...honorable life. He was aged 73 years, 7 months and 28 days. James James was born in Pontaberbargold (sic), Glamorganshire, Wales on March 24, 1815, the son of Evan James. His early years were not crowned with thos...

ALEXANDER HARRIS Posted on: 06 Oct 1998, by Richard G. Boyd

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Putnam

...of the Harris Family, USA, 1888, Sarah Harris Kiefer. The book traces the line of James Harris born Glamorganshire near Wales in England who married Miss Boleyn in Elizabethtown, New Jersey 1725. Since you are on A...

Bedford Posted on: 09 Mar 1999, by s thackeray

I am searching for the family of Noel Brian Bedford, from Ferndale, Glamorganshire. Any information greatly appreciated..

William Lewis Sr. Posted on: 08 Apr 1999, by Mary Wright

I am interested in getting information about William Lewis who was born in Glamorganshire,Wales about 1636. He arrived in America with his famillly on July 11,1686. He lived in Newtown Square which was located in C...

family information Posted on: 23 Mar 1999, by Jim Wilde

...was born 13 Jun 1858. I don't know what part of Wales he was from. Elizabeth was born in Mountain Ash, Glamorganshire. She was born 21 Mar 1872.

Looking for Jenkins & Lewis of Glamorganshire, Wales Posted on: 20 May 1999, by Michael Lewis

don't really know the true surname, but I know that my great-great grandparents are from Glamorganshire Wales. All that I know is Lewis&Jenkins of Glamorganshire.

WIlliam Richards, Brier Hill/Girard/Warren Posted on: 12 Jan 1999, by  shelley279

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Mahoning

My great great grandfather William RICHARDS was born in Quaker's Yard Glamorganshire Wales in May1819. He came to America in 1840 with his mother and sister, names unknown to me, and after stints in Cleveland (1840...

James and Jane Woolley Morris of Mahoning County, Ohio Posted on: 17 Apr 1999, by  KennethWerden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Mahoning

...roadman in the Tod Coal Bank. He will meet Jane Woolley, his future wife. Jane Woolley was born in Glamorganshire, Wales, Jan. 13,1830 to Richard and Rachel Williams Woolley. Jane with her family will immmigrates ...

Richard and Elizabeth Williams Woolley of Brier Hill, Mahoning, Ohio Posted on: 17 Apr 1999, by  KennethWerden

...met Richard Woolley. They were married May 25,1828 in Breckenshire, South Wales. They will settle in Glamorganshire, South Wales where Richard becomes heavily involved in coal mining. They will have four children b...

William Richards of Brier Hill/Girard/Warren Posted on: 12 Jan 1999, by  shelley279

...RICHARDS - MAHONING VALLEY PIONEER My great great grandfather William Richards was born in Quaker's Yard Glamorganshire Wales in May 1819. He came to America in 1840 with his mother and sister, names unknown to me,...

Davis, Davies, Havard Posted on: 06 Jan 1999, by Candy Copeland

Looking for info. on David Davis b. abt. 1833 Franchbach, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire Co., Wales who married Margaret Havard. Seven out of their fifteen children were born in Glamorganshire Co also. For more info see my webpa...

William Richards, Quakers Yard 1819 Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by  shelley279

William Richards was born in Quakers Yard, Glamorganshire Wales in May 1819. He went to USA in 1840 with his mother and sister, settling in Cleveland, then Akron/Middlebury/then Mahoning Valley (Girard, Warren, Nil...

DAVIS, Ffoulke b. c. 1615 in Glamorgan, Wales Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by  bboz1

I am looking for information on Ffoulke Davis born around 1615 in Glamorganshire, Wales. His wife's name was Mary and reportedly born in Wales as well.

JONES, WILLIAM LLEWLLYN Posted on: 30 Jan 1999, by Sandy Zion

...in Pont-y-waun, Monmouthshire, Wales. He married Catherine THOMAS (born January 20, 1854 in Dowlais, Glamorganshire, Wales) in 1873 in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. Their children were: Catherine Mary, Llewylln, William L...

siblings Posted on: 07 Feb 1999, by Patricia Miles

Wm. Butler (1775-1853) and Ann Roderick, who lived in Glamorganshire(1800-1868), had daughters (Sarah, Joanna and Winnie) who married Williams, Reese and Thomas. Looking for descendants who would be cousins of my g...

relatives Posted on: 04 Mar 1999, by SThackeray

I am searching for any relatives of Noel Brian Bedford, born 24.12/1933 in Ferndale, Glamorganshire. Any information greatly appreciated.

REESE WILLIAMS 1680 Posted on: 09 Mar 1999, by Sandra Hess

Reese Williams migrated from Glamorganshire, Wales about 1680 to the Colonies. I know nothing about his family, who he married or what they did for a living. Can anyone help? Thank you Sandy

STOBBART Posted on: 02 Apr 1999, by Nancy Jane Ramsey Norris

Researching the William Robson Stobbart family said to have lived in Glamorganshire in 1857 or so. John William STOBBART b. Nov 2, 1857 was christened at Neath.

DAVIES (came about 1869 to USA), HOWELL(S) (came 1850's to USA) Posted on: 04 Apr 1999, by Eileen Davis

Glamorganshire, Wales-I am searching for Morgan Davies, b.September 21, 1835 in Wales, was a miner in Wales for 20 years before moving from "near Cardiff" to Schuylkill Co., PA, USA in about 1869. He was ...

Llewellyn family Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by Donna Llewellyn Lester

...descendants and ancestor of Evan Llewellyn, born about 1764 Wales, married about 1791 in Llansamlet, Glamorganshire to Gwenlillian Thomas. I only know of one son (but probably had other children): William Llewellyn...

William Richards, Glamorganshire 1819 Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by  shelley279

My great great grandfather William Richards was born in Quaker's Yard Glamorganshire Wales in May1819. He came to America in 1840 with his mother and sister, names unknown to me, and after stints in Cleveland (1840...

re: BEVAN in Llantrisant(Wales) Posted on: 14 Feb 1999, by  slbarnes

Ann: This may be too far off to help you, but I have BEVAN ancestors from Llantrisant, Glamorganshire, Wales. John BEVAN and his wife Barbara AUBREY Bevan (her father was the sheriff of Glamorganshire), emigrated to America in 1...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions