Search for content in message boards

Barnabas Birch, Shipwright, Essex b 1840

Replies: 3

Re: Barnabas Birch, Shipwright, Essex b 1840

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 9:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Birch/Burch
Hi
My name is Sarah.According to the information I have been able to trace & believe you me it has been difficult. The Barnabus Birch I have listed in my family tree is the brother of my great great grandfather Wm Zachariah Birch. My search has been made very difficult as it appears the spelling of the name changed to BURCH at some point later on. I'm not sure if all the family members name changed to the 'UR' version. And also if this was just a spelling error. In any case case it stuck with my part of the family as I'm a BURCH.This change may have occurred around the 1870's, but who knows maybe it has happened before?
Anyway back to Barnabus, the info I have is a Barnabus Birch born 1840 at Rowhedge Street,East Bergholt,Essex.Accoding to the 1861 census his occupation was Ship's Carpenter, & later in 1891 as Shipwright. His wife is listed as Lydia. I have the date of death as 1915 in Orsett,Grays,England. I believe Grays is in Essex, but you will need to check. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you would like more info. I will try if I can, but as Barnabus is my ancestors brother I have not researched to a great degree.
regards
Sarah
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
spamjam 9 Apr 2002 5:03AM GMT 
SarahBurch98 22 Feb 2009 4:23PM GMT 
eaton160 15 Sep 2009 10:05PM GMT 
SarahBurch98 21 Sep 2009 5:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions