Search for content in message boards

Surname BYARS

Surname BYARS

Donald Byars (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2005 11:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BYARS, McDANIEL, SIMS, McCOOL, and JONES
I'm looking for information on Abraham BYARS, born c. 1799, SC, and his son Joseph, born c. 1835, NC, of Pickens and Lamar Counties, AL. Abraham married Matilda (Unknown) born c. 1806, NC, and Joseph married Sarah Jane (Unknown) abt 1859 in Pickens or Franklin Co., AL.

Children of Abraham and Matilda Byars include Drury, Edward, Joseph, Nancy, and Eliza, as shown on the Pickens Co., AL, 1850 census.

My BYARS lineage: Abraham Byars, son Joseph Byars, son James Phillip Byars (married Eliza Violet Sims) son Durell Byars (married Ivis Eugenia McDaniel) son Donald Ray Byars.

I've been told I have many BYARS, McDANIEL, SIMS, McCOOL, and JONES relatives who still live in the Pickens County, AL, area. Unfortunately I live in Arizona and don't know any of them.

Can anybody help?

Donald Byars

Re: Surname BYARS

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Byars/Fields
Hello,
My 2xGrandfather Robert Shannon Fields was married to two Byars sisters. They were Sarah Emily Byars and Annie Lucinda Byars. I am from Lamar and Pickens County, all my family lives there still. I would be glad to share what I know, I am still trying to trace my Byars ancestory.

Don Byars (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2005 10:28AM GMT
Hi, Cousin Anita

I am descended from 3 lines of Byars. All three lines are related, but I've only been able to prove the connection of 2. I haven't been able to prove the connection of my ggg-grandfather Abraham Byars, born 1799, SC, to my other 2 lines. I've been trying to find more information on Abraham.

Your Sarah Emily and Annie Lucinda Byars were sisters to my gg-grandmother Nancy Byars. I have much information on this Byars' line of ours and would be happy to share.

My e-mail address is snake86413@yahoo.com

Send me an e-mail and we can compare notes.

It was really good to here from you.

Don Byars

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 3:53AM GMT
I am looking for information on Seth Byars b 1818 SC and Catherine Fields b 1826 AL of Millport, AL. I am hoping to determine who their parents are. They are on the 1850 Pickens Co.AL Census. I know of two children, Mary E. b 1853 m. James Hutcherson and James Obedire b 1856 m. Martha Malindy Bridges. Both Mary and James lived in Tippah, MS. James's death certificate lists Millport AL as the place of birth

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 5:56AM GMT
Hi: In another incarnation at ancestry I was nitabobo.Anyhow, I am related to Hutchinson/Hutchersons, Byars, and the Fields. I am just curious if your questions have been answered. If not reply and I will do my best to answer these questions

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 1:38AM GMT
I have had no responses to my query. I would geatly appreciate any help that you could offer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions