Search for content in message boards

The families of Daniel Clark Ward of N.C. and Arkansas

The families of Daniel Clark Ward of N.C. and Arkansas

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WARD
For those of you researching this man or his sons, i.e. David Clark Ward, Albert Greene Ward, Andrew Ward, and possibly William Ward or his daughter Dovie, or other relatives such as Luke Ward or Jesse Ward, please contact me for an exchange of information.

For the father of Daniel Clark Ward, I have been given several names reported to be his father: John, Jonathan, Luke and William. As for wives, I have several: Elizabeth Hilderbrand (Cherokee); Sarah, whose father was Abner, and Mary Ann ___________??

Would anyone care to share their preference?

Martha

Re: The families of Daniel Clark Ward of N.C. and Arkansas

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: ward
im looking for a jesse d ward b. 1848 ark married to luanna or susanna. their child cordelia lee ward (born 1878) was my greatgrandmother. would be very happy to hear from you
jacque

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 3:23AM GMT
not sure if any are matches...my gggf is Michael Ward...married to matilda pierce ward...children:
william; sara; andrew j (my ggf married to mary ann pickard); willis w; matilda j; augustus; robert; nathaniel..they came from TN into Ar.

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 8:34PM GMT
I have been unable to find the name "cordelia" in my lists of Ward children. Daniel C. Ward was married several times:
One wife was Sarah Moren - her father was Abner Moren. A woman named Rebecca was married to a Luke Ward; then a Jesse Ward; and then to a Middleton. Not sure of relationship between Daniel Clark Ward and Luke and Jesse although there was one. Many Jesses in the family, but so far no Cordelias.

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: hester-jock-herbrough-ward-moorman-goodson-howard-smith-mcanear
I am researching Albert G ward whose wife was Lucinda McMellon they had a daughter named Margarette "Maggie" Ann Ward who married samuel W. Herbrough. They had a daughter Navada Hurbrough. She was my great gramma. I would love to share what info I have and pictures, For any and all help on getting further in this tree ---This branch is one of 3 that have drove me nuts for years! : ) please e-mail me at tomslanababy@yahoo.com

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 10:48PM GMT
DO YOU HAVE A BIRTH DATE ON YOUR JESSEE WARD. WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR INFO
THANK YOU
couchbum543@msn.com

Posted: 8 Aug 2007 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Ward
About the closest I can come to dates is born between 1781-1798 and died between 1840-1850. You can access information on estate matters at the Arkansas Gazette for both death of Luke Ward and Jesse Ward. While both men were married to Rebecca Drew, our family researchers have been unable to tie in Jesse Ward with our immediate Ward Family. Luke was married to Rebecca Drew and after his death a Jesse Ward married her and after his death, she married an Elliott Middleton. This marriage was apparently a convenience marriage as age difference was great. Dont's know if our Daniel Ward was the son of Luke and Rebecca or the brother of Jesse or what but several of our kin went after custody of children whom Rebecca had in her possession after death of Jesse Ward. Wish I could offer answers but all I have are questions.

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 3:25PM GMT
does any one know about info on Albert greene Ward is this the same as in your pose died ant the battle of shiloh in civilwar and was marrie to lucinda mcmellon? please help thanks Mary emial me direct at jacbrax@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 3:32AM GMT
Hello your post is old have u gotten any further on our family. love to swap info with u my grand ma was eula mae gillaspy (ward)-her dad Lenord ward -his dad john henry and -his dad albert greene ward his dad i think-Daniel Ward
i have pic on my sit of your HURBROUGH family.
Margaret Ann WARD
19 DEC 1861 in Arkansas Arkansas, United States Death
14 FEB 1948 in Henderson Co.,Texas, U.S.A.
burried in Beck's chapel
please contact me at jacbrax@yahoo.com thanks Mary Ward

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: ward
I am currently researching David Clark Ward and/or Daniel Clark. Albert Greene Ward was killed in the Battle of Shiloh, April 6, 1862.

Dwayne Ward
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions