Search for content in message boards

Rachel Ayers and Wilson Cody

Rachel Ayers and Wilson Cody

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 7:03PM GMT
I am looking for information on Rachel and Wilson . William is the sister to my gr grandma Rilda Cody. I am trying to find information on the family. If you have any information please let me know.
My gr grand father was John Danial Ayers. I wonder if there is a connections there with Rachel Ayers.
Of anyone can help me please let me know.
Thank you
Wayne

Re: Rachel Ayers and Wilson Cody

Posted: 11 Apr 2003 8:47PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2006 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cody
Wayne,
Wilson E. Cody was married to Rachael Ayers they were the parents Of my step mother Lillie May Cody who was married to my father James Grauherr, lillie was born June 14, 1918, in Middlesbora, Kentucky. here is her OBT>.
Grauherr, Mrs. Lillie M.
1525 South River Road.
Wife of James V. Grauherr
Passed away Saturday Morning
at St. Luke's Hospital Following
a lingering Illness, Age 46 Years.
She was born June 14,1918 in Middlesboro
Ky. and had lived in Saginaw for the past 23 years.
She was married to Mr. Grauherr in Indiana in 1951.
Mrs. Grauherr has been employed at the Saginaw Malleable Iron for 14 years prior to her retirement because of illness two years ago.
Surviving besides her husband are two daughers and a son .
Mrs Ronald (Layunia) Leitz saginaw David and Kathy Grauherr both at home three grandchildren Five brothers and two sisters.
Fred Cody mrs Donald Mckinley both of Saginaw, JesseL.Cody Freeland Wiburn Cody Battle Creek. Mrs Cletus Haupt Huntsville Alb, A/1C Lonzo cody Stantioned with the U.S. Air Force in Hawaii.Funeral service will take place at 1:30 P.M. Tuesday at Cederbreg Funeral Home Rev. Von Cavanaugh will officiate with burial in Owen Cemetery, Friends may call at the funeral Home after 2 P.M. Sunday.
Saginaw News Section A, Page 8 .
Of corse her Obts isn't all true facts Lillie had one daughter and son from her marriage before my father, they were Layunia and David Hurst. I am not a 100% sure of their father;s name I have been told his name was Ruffest Hurst. Her son David has died also his Obt is,
Name: HURST, DAVID R.
Spouse's Name: JENETTE DECAIRE
Date of Birth: Wednesday, November 16, 1949
Place of Birth: SAGINAW, MI
Date of Death: Friday, October 21, 1977
Place of Death: SAGINAW, MI
Cemetery: OWEN , this can be found in the Saginaw News.
David and Kathy Grauherr are both her step- Children.they are both James Grauherr's children and were born in a marriage before Lillie.
Obt for Wilson E. Cody
Cody, Wilson E.
Passed away Monday afternoon, Sept. 12, 1960, at his residence, age 76 years. He was born April 15, 1884, in Tennessee and has lived in the Saginaw area the past 18 years, coming here from Kentucky. In 1913 he married Rachael Ayers. She predeceased him in 1953. He married Mrs. Laura Sams in 1854. She survives him. The deceased was a member of the Missionary Baptist Church. Surviving besides his wife are five sons and three daughters, Jessie L. Cody, Freeland; Lee Cody, Lakeland, Fla; Wilburn Cody, Battle Creek; Lonzo Cody, Wichita, Kansas; Fred Cody and Mrs. James Grauherr, Shields; Mrs. Mildred Jones, Saginaw; and Mrs. Cleties Haupt, Cincinnati, Ohio.; 22 grandchildren, one great grandchild; one brother Tom Cody, Middlesboro, KY. Funeral service will take place at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Cederberg Funeral Home. Rev. Kenny will officiate, with burial in Owen Cemetery. Friends may call at the chapel after 7 p.m. Tuesday.
April 15, 1884 - September 12, 1960
*Printed in the Saginaw News; Saginaw, Michigan
Nancy Cody was Wilson's sister.
Hatfield, Mrs. Nancy J.,
Middlesboro, Kentucky
Passed away Monday evening at the home of her brother Wilson Cody, 9980 Gratiot Road. She was born May 28, 1869 in Mayville, Tenn. Surviving are two sons Henry Williams and Clarence (?) both of Saginaw. Two brothers Wilson Cody Saginaw, Thomas Cody Kentucky. Private funeral service was held Tuesday at noon at the Cody residence. Mrs. Hatfield will be take to Middlesboro Ky for burial. Funeral arrangements by the Harold A. (?) Funeral Home.
*Printed in the Saginaw News; Saginaw, Michigan
May 28, 1869 - 06/12/1951
I hope this does help you
God bless
Kathy

Posted: 26 Jun 2004 2:57AM GMT
Hello,
I am so grateful for having found this posting that you have done. The Lee Cody of Lakeland, Fl , that you included was my grand-father. I will get his obits when I can and post them as well. He was actually Shirlee Cody. If you would like to know more please let me know.
Cindy

Posted: 26 Jun 2004 2:09PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2006 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cody
Cynthia , Thank you for your post,,, It would be wonderful if you could fill me in on Shirlee Lee Cody Family..please Email me at katckathyb@aol.com
Again Thanks and God Bless
Kathy

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: cody
Hi I am Thelma Cody Haupt's daughter and we appreciate all you have written here. I was reading the post and just wanted to let you know we are still here in Alabama. My mother passed away in 1983 and as far as I know the only one left of the brothers and sister is Wilson E.L. Cody.

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 12:36AM GMT
Thank Your for your post. I am very interested in hearing more about your parents I don't have much info on your mother. I would be very interested about them I think Racel Ayers was a sister to My gr grandpa John Ayers. Do you know anything about Rachel?
It so nice that you posted
Thank You
Wayne

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 12:39AM GMT
Thank Your for your post. I am very interested in hearing more about your parents I don't have much info on your mother. I would be very interested about them I think Racel Ayers was a sister to My gr grandpa John Ayers. Do you know anything about Rachel?
It so nice that you posted
Thank You
Wayne

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 1:31AM GMT
Kathy If you still have my email I want to get back in touch with you. I have the same email. I tried your and it didn't go through.
Wayne

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 3:37AM GMT
I have a cousin that knows more about Rachel than I do but she is sick right now. I have contacted her daughter and she will see what she can find out. You can email me at junkspot@pclnet.net

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 3:00AM GMT
Wayne My email Has changed its now KStram@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions