Search for content in message boards

Moore Family Abbs Valley decendants

Moore Family Abbs Valley decendants

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2002 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2002 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I am trying to locate any information RE: Ancestors of the remaining Moore family that was attacked in Abbs Valley in 1700's. Some killed, some captured and survived. I am related to them somehow and would like to trace this.

Re: Moore Family Abbs Valley decendants

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 10:15PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2002 8:16PM GMT
I JUST RECENT WAS TOLD THAT MY FAMILY ON MY FATHER SIDE CAME FROM THE ABBS VALLEY.
pLEASE CONTRACT ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
THANKS

marvin abbs (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2002 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: ABBS, MOORE
Hello:

my name is marvin abbs related to the reply from angela abbs
she's my sister,one of many.however i must correct my sister's reply by saying and/or not sure if the abbs are originated from abbs valley.i had told her there's a abbs
valley here in the united states as well as a town call abbs
in russia.there's a good chance we could be related.my grandmother is elsie moore her sister bestsy moore,brother
they call him uncle lotty moore and uncle net moore.my grandfather died when my dad was a child his name was
henry d abbs stafford was his nick name.he also had two
brother's there names were.john henry abbs and chester abbs
and another they called ucle coon.you can reply to me
mabbs7@cox.net

Posted: 6 Sep 2002 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
I also am looking for decendants of the survivors of the Abbs Valley Massacre. Family "tales" are of my directed link to a son that survived that massacre...guess it would be James Jr, however the only name I have is of my grandfather's, grandfather named Jack Moore from Tazwell Co...his son was John Wesley Moore..father of Nora Ellen Moore, my grandmother..Do you have any names or data you could share? Thanks so much.

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, TABOR, BELL
Hi! My father was Buckner Moore of Bramwell, WV. He and my mother divorced when I was 9 mos old. From what I've gathered there are Tabors, Moores, and Bells in our family and somehow I am related to the people of the massacre. I have heard that someone in our family has done a lot of research on this, but I have not been able to contact her yet.

Posted: 25 Sep 2002 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
Lauralee
Thank you for your reply. I still have no direction to go with this side of the family. I do not know of any of my Moore relatives coming from WVa., however, if I do find something, I will keep your post and respond. I will be going home to Tazewll Co. within the next few months and plan on doing some research when I get there...I will check out the county library and see what I can find.

Posted: 26 May 2007 10:45AM GMT
Angela,
Were you ever able to gain any info on the Abbs Valley Moore decendants?

Posted: 1 Oct 2007 5:43AM GMT
I have two detaied and one very large Books purchased by my Grandmother in 1955. My Mother and Grandfather are listed as decendants. Let me know if you would like me to check if you family is in them and if you want the info on the books.

Debra Dodder

Posted: 1 Oct 2007 5:52AM GMT
I am also a direct descendant of the Moore family in the Massare at Abbs Valley I have two very large volumes of the names and descents. It also gives much of the history and a picture of the family crest. My Grandmother paid a large sum of money (17.00)as said by the man who spent most of his life doing the research. Let me know if you want some help.

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Lawson, Johnson
Thankyou for replying to my inquiry about the Moore's. I do not have much info on this side of my family and only have "family" stories to relate to. I do know my GGfather was John Wesley Moore, b. 5.2.1867, d.12/21/45, m.Martha Alice Lawson. His father,my GGGfater, was a John M. Moore b abt. 1829, d.abt 1920-1920 m.Nancy Jane Johnson b.abt 1831. John Wesley lived and died in the Tazwell County area, but I am not entirely sure of John. The family "story" is that John or his father who may have been named Jack (John)had a family massacred by Indians and grew up with another family. Any help you might give me, books or otherwise, will be greatly appreciated. RSM.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions