Search for content in message boards

Thomas & Mary Brown

Thomas & Mary Brown

Beverly Brown (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ratcliff
Would like info on Thomas & Mary Brown.
I Believe Mary was married to a Ratcliff before marrying Thomas Brown. Mary was Indian, (believe her maiden name
was Schenk. (At any rate, Mary was born 1873 and died 1941.
Thomas was born 1858 and died 1938.

Thomas Brown Children

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 3:26AM GMT
Since we have never located Thomas after his marriage to Eliza Page, this still could be him. The Thomas I am looking for would have been born in either Montgomery Co. Ind or Boone Co. Ind. His father was Jacob L. Brown nor sure what the L stands for. Jacob L. Brown married for the 2 time to Mary Jane Brown Largent (a widow with no children)
Jacob had other children by his first marriage to Margery Horner and some of them followed him to Cass Co Mo in the 1870. However, by his union with Mary Jane Brown, daughter of Elihu Brown (my gr gr grandfather) there were just two children to that union and they were Martha E. Brown b. 1860 and Thomas Bronw.

Could you please send me the names of the children from your Thomas 2nd marriage. Perhaps somthing will ring a bell.

Other relatives of Jacob Brown moved to Benton Co.,Ar

Thanks,

Kay

Thomas Marion Brown

Edited: 24 Aug 2003 7:36PM GMT
Our Thomas Brown was born on July 25, 1859 in Indiana.
He was married once befor marrying Mary E. Shenk, in Rogers, Arkansas. Thomas came to this marriage with two children, so his first wife must have died. The two children from this marriage were Bessie Brown born 1893, and Leonard Brown, born 1888.

That's all I know except for all the children Thomas had with Mary.

Thomas Brown b.1858 c1930

Edited: 14 Sep 2002 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Page
I am looking for a Thomas Brown b. 1858 in Indiana. He married a Eliza or Anna Page in Cass Co Mo. Other Page relatives or even BROWN family moved to Benton Co Ar. Would like any information about a Thomas Brown b. about 1858.

Thanks
Kay

Re: Thomas Brown b.1858 c1930

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 5:42PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2002 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: VAN DE ROSTYNE, VAN de ROSTYNE, ROSTYNE,
Kay, my wife is a descendant of the Van de Rostyne's of Atkinson, IL., specifically, Emma and she married an Edward B. Lievens. They moved to North Dakota. They are the grandparents of my wife, Marilyn Ann Kwako-Ehreth. I have located two Van de Rostyne families in Lembeke, flanders, Belgium. Do you have information on that lineage. I think Emma's father was a Peter Van de Rostyne. A fellow genealogist and distant cousin believes that the surname has been modified a number of times to VANDE ROSTYNE OR VAN ROSTYNE OR just ROSTYNE.

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 7:24PM GMT
I just read this message. I believe my grandfather Edward VanDe Rostyne was a brother of Peter Van De Rostyne. My home town is Atkinson, IL. I would like to know what year these brothers (there was also Charles and Ben) came to America, who came with them, where did they go, etc. etc.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 4:12PM GMT
The Rostyne Brothers came between 1863 and 1876 in Atkinson (also a sister)Your grandfather was born in 1852 and married Leona Claeys ? Your grandfather came in 1874. Please contact me, with a few people we are reconstructing the family. Please sent me an email with your fam,ily branch c.dhaese@dhaese.nl
Chris Dhaese olland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions