Search for content in message boards

PRESNELLS FROM WATAUGA COUNTY, NC

PRESNELLS FROM WATAUGA COUNTY, NC

Carolyn Presnell Foushee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 10:59AM GMT
I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF INFO, BUT HERE IS WHAT I HAVE. IF ANYONE HAS MORE INFO ON THIS LINE OF PRESNELLS, PLEASE CONTACT ME. CAROLYNF@ASHEBORO.COM OR PO BOX 1651, LIBERTY, NC 27298.
JOSEPH CRAFT PRESNELL DOB:3-29-1893 DOD: 1-26-1985
HIS CHILDREN:
RALPH PRESNELL DOB: 3-15-1930 DOD: 3-5-1999
CARL PRESNELL DOB: 1-26-1921 DOD:5-19-1970
CRAFT PRESNELL DOB: 11-16-1925 DOD:2-24-1980
FRANK E. PRESNELL DOB: 6-1-1935 DOD:7-2-1989
JOHN DILLARD PRESNELL OF SUGAR GROVE, NC
TOM WILLARD PRESNELL OF NEWTON, NC
GARY PRESNELL OF NEWTON, NC
BUNA BEAM OF ST. LOUIS, MO.
REBA PRESNELL OF BOONE, NC
CAROLYN TOWNSEND OF HUDSON, NC

Presnells from Watauga Co.

carol (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 5:33PM GMT
I have learned that Joseph Craft Presnell's father was Abraham Lincoln Presnell.
Anyone have any info on him?
carolynf@asheboro.com

CRAFT PRESNELL

KATHY PRESNELL BARNES (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 6:31PM GMT
HI
MY NAME IS KATHY PRESNELL BARNES I LIVE IN LENOIR NC BUT I AM FROM A SMALL PLACE CALLED BEECH CREEK NC RIGHT DOWN BOTTOM OF BEECH MT. WHAT WAS CRAFT WIFE NAME?

Joseph Craft Presnell

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 7:04PM GMT
My great-grandfather, Joseph Craft Presnell, was born March 29, 1893. He married Hettie Tester. He later died on January 26, 1985. They had ten kids. One of which was my grandfather, Ralph Presnell. I have since found that Joseph's parents were Abraham Lincoln Presnell and Catherine Tesster. Abraham Lincoln Presnell's parents were Harvey Miles Presnell and Marilda Hicks. Harvey's parents were James Presnell (who, along with 2 of his brothers were the first Presnell's to settle in Watauga County) and Susan Benfield. Does anyone know where the Presnell family came from when they settled in North Carolina? I am stuck at this point.

Craft Presnell

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2001 1:53AM GMT
Hello Cathy,

My name is Wayne Presnell. I am responding using my wife's e-mail address. My e-mail address is vortmax13@aol.com if you want to reply.

I grew up in Lenoir, NC. My father's name was David Calloway Presnell and he grew up in Watagua County near the Sugar Grove area. His brother, Tom, still lives in the Sugar Grove area. Unfortuantely, my father is deceased but my Mother, Lola Presnell, (maiden name Baird) still lives in Lenoir. She is also from Watauga county.

The name Craft Presnell sounds familiar as I once did a family tree project in middle school. I remember that the Hicks name is closely associated with Presnell in Watauga County.

The next time I talk to my Mom, I'll ask her if Craft is related to me and if so, I'll ask her your question.

If you think we may be related, just drop me a note. I have moved a lot since I left Lenoir in 1989. I currently reside in Key West, FL

Re: Joseph Craft Presnell

Todd Presnell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2001 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a late reply; however, I have some literature tracing the N.C. Presnell family (the ancestors of Harvey Miles Presnell) to France. If you still need it, please let me know.

CAROL (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2001 11:39AM GMT
YES, ANY INFORMATION YOU HAE WOULD BE WONDERFUL! THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY MESSAGE.
CAROL (PRESNELL) FOUSHEE

Ron Smith (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2001 4:44PM GMT
Todd,

I sent an e-mail to your AOL address requesting that you contact Debbie Farmer who has additional information regarding the Presnell line. To date she hasn't heard from you so I can only presume that you never received that e-mail.

Debbie's e-mail address is: dfarmer10@juno.com.

I will also send Debbie your e-mail address.

Regards,

Ron Smith

Re: PRESNELLS FROM WATAUGA COUNTY, NC

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2005 8:47PM GMT
PRESNELL line please visit my web page at

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/o/t/Melanie-K-D...

Please note alot of this info was copied from an old Presnell book my grandma had so please let me know of any errors.

Thank you,
Melanie
mkdotson@yahoo.com

KATHY PRESNELL BARNES

Adam Champagne (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2002 2:12PM GMT
Is the Kathy Presnell that use to live in Fayetteville NC in late 80's??

Just curious!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions