Search for content in message boards

Hendrix family of Monroe County

Hendrix family of Monroe County

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2005 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: GRACE, HENDRIX, SAWYER, BETTS, HARTFIELD, GIBSON
I'm looking for info about Nathan Hendrix, the son of Peter and Elizabeth (Gibson) Hendrix. The family lived in Monroe County and obviously left many descendants. Nathan Hendrix and his wife, Harriett Hartfield Hendrix, had 15 children: Elizabeth, Mary, Martha, Dolly, Jacob, Louisa, Nathan, John, Harriett, Charles, Peter, William, Stephen, George, Richard Eli (my great-grandfather), and Thomas. The family moved to Escambia County (Pensacola) Florida about 1850, and many are buried there. William, Stephen and Peter served in the Confederate Army in Alabama Regiments mustered in and around Monroeville. Are there any descendants of the above individuals who have sources of info (Bible, etc.) about the family? I am willing to share what I've been able to put together to date.

Re: Hendrix family of Monroe County

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2006 10:23PM GMT
I grew up in Monroeville, AL., and am a descendant of Henry Hendrix, your Peter's brother. I just posted a 5 page file in our Hendrix Site (by invitation only) of the Peter Hendrix Line (also Truman Persons Capote's line). Peter was his ggg-grandfather. My grandmother's brother, Ed Hendrix of Monroeville, AL., did extensive research on Peter's family but most of what we have is circa. 1952. If you are interested, you may contact me for an invitation to join our family site.

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 1:10PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2006 1:59AM GMT
Please put me on your list. A aunt married a Hendrix.
thank you.

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 5:57PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2005 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrix
Please put me on your list...I do have quite a bit of information, but obviously, one never has enough...most of what I have involves my 2nd great-grandfather Nathan and his brother Aaron, after they were adults and moved to Escambia County, FL. I've seen stuff (on the internet, etc.) about Peter Hendrix, his siblings, and earlier Hendrixes, but never really gotten into them in an active manner. Thanks,
Paul Muller

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2003 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Turbeville, Stabler, McKinley
Please add my name to your list. I would love to see your site. What is the web address for this site?
Thanks,
Mary Ellen Dickerson

Posted: 30 Oct 2003 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrix,Coleman,Godwin,Brewton,Kelly
I would like to visit your web page. David Hendrix and Elizabeth Boozer are my gggggrandparents. I have quit a bit but always looking for more to compare with..I just found a note that Henry Hendrix b.1700 in Cecil Co.,Md had been married four times.Do you have anything on this.Appreciate any help.Florine

Posted: 31 Oct 2003 2:38AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR, KELLY, CROUT
Florine:

What KELLYs ar you researching? Did they live near Monroeville?

Florine Wiggiins (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2003 12:56PM GMT
John Thomas Kelly,B.1817,N.C.,marr.Rebecca Folks,B.1817,N.C.,Children:Joseph William B.1846,Pike Co.,Al.,John Thomas B.1849,Mary E. B.1838,Nancy B.1851,Florence Vicksburg B.1862.There were about 9 but don't have names for the rest.Joseph's family lived in Pollard,Esc.Co.,Al.

Posted: 29 Jan 2004 9:20AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2005 2:09AM GMT
Greta, I am a descendant of Henry son of Jacobus/James, my line comes down through Henry's son Garrett. Would love to see your website.
I have a new email address;
gdtj888@comcast.net.
Thanks.
Tamara

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 4:08AM GMT
I would like to visit your Hendrix family website. I am looking to find the parents of my g.g.father, John Adam Hendrix. I can only find them in the west (Ore, Ida, WA) by I thought they came from Mo, Ind or maybe Ohio. John A. was born abt. 1840 and has a brother William (Bill) that is buried in Heppner, OR. I believe he also had a brother Eli or Elijah and maybe another one...George? My g.mothers middle name is Marion which seems to be a family name. I sure hope I have finally found a link in your website. What a hunt this has been.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions