Looking for info. on Jesse Gertrude Burke b.1-4-1864
d.may 1929. Married Abel Micajah Burns 3-31-1886

Would like info. on Jesse's parents.

Killala/Lacken Families

Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2005 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Molloy, Nealon, Loftus, Kirkwood
Researching Burke, Molloy, Nealon, Loftus and Kirkwood families of Killala; Monaghan from Kilfian, and Onions from Ballina.

LOFTUS

linda whalen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Loftus, Riley, Mooney
Researching David Loftus who married Mary ?. Would like Mary's maiden name and any information about either. They settled in US before 1860, first in NY and then in DePere, Wisconsin.

Molloy/Burke

Tom McLaughlin (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Molloy, Burke, McLaughlin, Berry
My Gdfather Thomas Berry had 9 or 10 children one married a Burke. Helen married Tom Burke of Queens, NY. They had three children, 2 girls and a boy. My mom,Anne Berry, daughter of Thomas Berry, married Edward McLaughlin whose Mom was Margaret Molloy b.1864, Ireland.

Annie Molloy

Trish B. (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Molloy, Whalen
Looking for Annie Molloy born around 1874 somewher in Mayo. Not sure at which point she came to NY. Married Patrick Whalen and had only four girls that lived until adulthood. She died in 1918 of the Spanish Flu.

Loftus, Killala

Aideen Loftus (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Loftus
As much as I know about Loftus, originally from Clydagh, nr. Killala:
Patrick Loftus (farmer), b. ? married Bridget Dean
10 children (not in order)
Thomas, John, Edward (Ned) (b. 1856, m. Bridget), Owen (b.1871), Patrick (b.1853, d. 1922), Michael, girls names not certain, maybe a Bridget.
Owen (unmarried) was living with Edward + family in Clydagh in 1901
Edward had at least 4 children: Sarah, Mary, Patrick + Andy
Patrick moved to Killala - shopkeeper
married twice, Catherine Loughney + Ann Loughney (cousins)
7 children
Bridget Mary, Cecelia (Sissy), Catherine, John Joseph, Mary, Michael, Patrick (PJ)
Any connections??

RE: Kirkwood,
Came across Kirkwoods in the 1901 census on Bartragh Island, off Killala. I think there was a Claude?

Correction

Tom McLaughlin (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Molloy, Burke
The name Molloy should be Malloy. I received this info from a certificate this year.
Tom McLaughlin

Loftus from Killala

Tara Loftus (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LOFTUS, PRYLE, PRIAL, PADDEN
Looking for ancestors/descendants of James and Bridget (Pryle/Prial) Loftus. They were born in the late 1700's-early 1800's. They married in County Mayo and had five children: Martin, Peter, James Jr., Ann, and another girl (name unknown). James died in County Mayo in 1838; Bridget emigrated to the US with the five children in 1854, settling in Southwest Wisconsin. I descend from James Jr., and would like to fill out the descending generations of Martin, Peter, and Ann as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated; My e-mail is: TLoftus@gac.edu -or if that doesn't work- GeminiJG24@aol.com

Conway Loftus, co. Mayo

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2004 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Conway, Loftus, Adair
In the book "A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland" (c.1836) it states that Oqwn O'Connor, Dean of Achonry, was advanced to the see by Queen Elizabeth in 1591, and was allowed to hold his deanery (of Killala) with the bishoprick. Archibald Hamilton succeeded in 1623, and his successor, Archibald Adair, was in 1630, consecrated bishop of Killala and Achonry.

Conway Loftus, co. Mayo

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2004 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Adair, Conway, Loftus
From the book "British Family Antiquity (also film #1696544) by William Playfair (1811) vol.9. - The Baronetage of Ireland in the LDS FHL film #1696545 item 4 (under the family of Hodson of Hollybrook, co. Wicklow) in the note at the bottom of pages 372 & 373 it states -

"Archibald Adair, came to Ireland from Scotland, and was made Dean of Raphoe, in the year 1630; he was consecrated Bishop of Killala, in the year 1640. In the year following he was made Bishop of Waterford; and died Bristol in 1647.
He married Helena, daughter of Sir John Campbell, Knt. of the house of Argyle, in Scotland, and by her had issue,
Captain Andrew Adair, who married Mary CONWAY LOFTUS," etc.

Believe Capt. Andrew Adair may have been a "49er" and had land in Parish of Templemurry, co. Mayo.

Any further information on the above family would be appreciated.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions