Search for content in message boards

Old Cemetery in Northampton County, NC

Old Cemetery in Northampton County, NC

Posted: 1 Oct 2007 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is for anyone that is interested. There is a old cemertary off of Hwy 46 Cal Floyd Road also know as Hook Road in Gaston, NC, Northampton Co. I and my sisters will be going there in November. It is on property that my GrAunt Katherine used to live on. Now her children are there. The reason we are going in Nov is because it is grown over and we don't want to take any chances on coming across snakes and anything else. I anyone is interested please contact me at natalieday17@hotmail.com. I will post whatever we find. I have some of my grandparents buried there. It is set as blacks, mulatto, colored on one side and white on the other. Also there are gravesites that my brother-in-law found on my GrUncle's property we also will be exploring that site too. It was used a the burial site for slaves. Later it was plowed over and a cow paste emerged. Will post any findings. Both of these sites as stated are very remote. Also you may try checking with Cofield Funeral Home in Weldon, NC. It was the only funeral home for blacks during the early 1900's and she still have alot of her parents burial records.

Re: Old Cemetery in Northampton County, NC -- SUMNER

Posted: 2 Oct 2007 10:31PM GMT
I am interested in any SUMNER family members in that cemetery.
Thank you

Re: Old Cemetery in Northampton County, NC -- SUMNER

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 11:37PM GMT
On Nov 2 my Aunt, sister and I went to the old Moody cemetary. There are no markers for the graves. The site sits in the middle of a field of of Cal Floyd Rd. Part of the cemetary was ployed over. There is nothing out there to mark that it is a cemetary only people memories. My mother and her sister remember attending some of the funerals there. In visiting the church cemetary I do not recall seeing any Sumners. But I will be going back there again on the 17 Nov. will check again.

Re: Old Cemetery in Northampton County, NC

Posted: 8 Apr 2011 7:05PM GMT
Hi Natalie,
I just came upon your old post but how interesting. I am fairly new to ancestry look up soooo bare with me. I won't write a whole lot until I hear from you but the Cofield Funeral Home in Weldon used to be owned by my great uncle William H. Day. Things that make you go HMMMMMM. Sherrie

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 12:34AM GMT
Hey Sherrie, not sure if you want some information from me. From talking to Ms. Cofield I only know that it was started by the Cofield Brothers. I don't know anything about the Day Family there I married a Day from Kentucky. But if you are looking anything in particular I will be glad to help you the best that i can. Ms. Cofield's father and my Grandfather were very good friends.

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 5:21PM GMT
Hey natalie, thanks for the notice. if can take pics of any Grant, Arrington, Lanier or Long, that'd be great

you have my email....we'll meet one day... i'll be floored if we really are cousins.

tara

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 9:20PM GMT
Looking for Sandifur or Key. Any help appreciated. Would be late 1800- early 1900. Jthrly@comcast.net

Posted: 14 May 2012 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2012 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Vassor, Kee
Natalie, I just read your old post. I am new at this but am looking for descendants of Eliaza Vassor or Jacob Kee.

Posted: 18 May 2012 11:08PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2012 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Boone
Hi My Grandmother name is Alma Marie,Edwards born in Wiccacanee NC. (Born May 21-27 1927),Later married Linwood Boone Born:(Jan.16? 1916) in 1941. Children: Lenwood Boone, Loise Boone, Johnnie Boone, Velma Boone, Jack Boone, Chester Boone, Roland Boone and Larry Boone. Linwood Boone past away when I was nearly 2? My Grandma Alma Marie past not long after, But I did get to meet her. Vaguely remember. My uncle Lenwood Boone says My Grandma has 2 surviving siblings in the Washington area. I believe their buried in the Boone Cemetery. Northampton NC. Brightest Blessings~ Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions