Search for content in message boards

looking for info

looking for info

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2005 6:02PM GMT
Does anyone know about William(Cary)Clary who married Annie Mae Kerr. They Had 7 kids...Roger, Hardin, Flossie, Lou, Margret, Lola Lee Roma. William was possibly William Cary and changed it to Clary. The rumor being that he killed a man over a game of poker, so he moved changed his name.
It would be very interesting to find out the truth of the it. Thanks much, KJH

Clary Book

Joyce Clary Guilford (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 3:50PM GMT
There is a book; Clary Genealogy,Four Early American Lines Related Families by Ralph Shearer Rowland Star Wilson Rowland that has extensive information about the Clary lines. It was printed Nov.,1980. If anyone can locate it would be greatly appreciated.
Joyce

Clary book

Tami Dolan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 8:05PM GMT
I have the Clary book you are referring to. I purchased it for $25 from the following person:

Mr. Ralph W. Rowland
418 Hillsboro Drive
Silver Springs, MD 20902

Hope this helps.

Tami

ROWDY CLARY BOYS OF NEW SALEM, ILL

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2002 5:02PM GMT
I AM SEARCHING FOR INFORMATION ON THE ROWDY CLARY BOYS OF NEW SALEM, IL. THE CAME FROM A DIFFERENT STATE AFTER THE SHERRIFF RAN THEM AND THEIR FATHER OUT, THE SETTLED IN ILLINOIS AND HAD A STORE AND A MILL. SOME HOW THE 16TH PRES ABE LINCOLN WORKED FOR THEM ARE TRADED WITH THEM. THEY SOLD THE STORE IN 1833 AND WENT TO TEXAS. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN THEN. I AM ALSO WONDEERING IF THEY ARE RELATED TO THE CLARYS OF PERRYVILLE, MO ACROSS THE RIVER FROM CHESTER, ILL? THE PERRYVILLE CLARYS ARE ROWDY THEMSELFS, THE FATHER ONCE SHOT THE PREACHERS HOUSE UP. THE RIVER ACCESS IS NAMED CLARYVILLE ACCESS. COULD THIS ALL TIE IN AND COULD THEY ALL BE RELATED? ANTONE WITH INFO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY.

THANKS, ANOTHER CLARY SEARCHING

Clarys of New Salem

Rebekah Thornton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 3:55PM GMT
My mother has been told that her ancestor
was William Price Clary who owned a liquor
store in New Salem, Illinois. Her paternal
grandmother's name was Mary Ann Vernon Clary
Kersh. Mother has a Clary genealogy book
gives quite a bit of information about the
Clary family in Texas and their decendents.
She is looking for the given name of the
mother of Mary Ann Vernon Clary. The
surname of Mary A.V. Clary's mother was
Price. If anyone has information about this
name please respond.

William Price Clary Of New Salem,Ill

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 7:32AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 1:54AM GMT
William Price Clary b:1800 TN of Clary's Store In New Salem Ill.
Was in The Black Hawk War:
Clary, William PVT with A. Lincoln

He later moved to Fayetteville, Washington Co. Ark.
ARKANSAS TERRITORIAL PAPERS
Oct.27,1835 William P.Clary-Washington-Magistrate

He and his family were members of the Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church.Along with the John Summer Clary family Cynthia, Polly James McAdams family.

He then moved to Smith Co. Texas and is on the 1850 Census Records in Smith Co.

Clarey, William P. 50 Tennessee
Clarey, Sarah 46 Tennessee
Clarey, Solomon 20 Illinois
Clarey, Jackson 18 Illinois
Clarey, Washington 15 Arkansas
Clarey, Joseph 13 Arkansas
Clarey, Sarah 11 Arkansas
Clarey, Martin 09 Arkansas
Clarey, Jasper 06 Arkansas
Clarey, Abigail 18 New York

Not on this 1850 Smith Co. TX Census Record is his daughter.
Mary Clary (Polly) who married James McAdams the son of William McAdams Sr. b:1788/1789 Pendleton Dist SC. William and James are also found on the 1840 Washington Co. AR. Census and James McAdams his mother Cynthia on the Same Primative Baptist Church Records.
William McAdams Sr. is also found on the 1850 Smith Co. TX Census with his wife Cynthia and children born in Ark.

The son of William Cynthia McAdams, Hugh McAdams CSA Pension Records state that he was born in Washington Co. AR and that they moved to Smith Co. TX in 1842.
H.L.McAdams TX 11th Cav.Co.K

William Price Clary next moved to Navarro Co. TX where he died.

Some of the Children of William P. Clary are buried in the Bullard Cemetery in Parker Co. Texas.
William Price Clary had three sons and two grandson who fought in The Texas Inf.

1.Enoch B. Clary TX Inf. Griffin's BN Co.B
2.George W.Clary TX Inf. Griffin's BN Co.B
3.William J.Clary TX Inf. Griffin's BN Co.B
4.Martin McAdams TX Inf. Griffin's BN Co.B
5.James P McAdams TX Inf. Griffin's BN Co.B

They fought in the Battle Of Galveston, TX where Martin V. McAdams was shot in the knee and later died.

Their Military unit was later merged with some other units and was then known as the 21st Inf. Co.G

CSA Records:

Martin V.Clary TX 10th Cav.Co.K 2nd Lt.
Jasper Clary TX 13th Vol. Co.M
Jasper Clary TX 15th Inf.2nd Co.H
J.A Clary TX 15th Inf.Co A
Joseph M.Clary TX 17th Cav.Co.C

Don't know if this is Solomon Clary or not.
S.R.Clary TX 22nd Inf. Co.I

William Price Clary

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 5:35PM GMT
Barbara,
This is great information! I had assumed that the Clary Grove Boys were sort of wild, so am surprised to see that they were church going folks. Do you think they became involved with the Primitive Baptists while in Tennessee?
Margaret

Re: Clary book

Posted: 14 Nov 2001 12:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 7:17PM GMT
Would you look up Daniel Franklin Clary for me. His father was J.H. CLARY and his mother was a MOORE.Daniel was b in 1832, he had a sister that was born in 1837 Melissa. J.H and MOORE died in the early 1840's. Daniel and his siter were born in ill. They were told by MOORE grandparents that they were the last CLARY'S

Re: William Price Clary Of New Salem,Ill

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 4:31PM GMT
I am from the direct line of William Price Clary through Enoch Barnett Clary then Enoch Martin and my grandmother is Bobbie, yes bobbie. I am looking for information or any pictures of William Price and his wife, Enoch Martin and Mahahla Higginbotham etc... If you know of any, I would appreciate it. Also, I have pictures of Enoch Martin Clary and Cora Elizabeth Higginbotham and their family, if you are interested. Thank you so much for your help. It would mean a lot to our family. Respectfully, GayLynn Belliston

Re: Clary Book

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 4:33PM GMT
There is one used copy available on Amazon.com for 249.99. There are also about 5 libraries that carry this book.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions