Search for content in message boards

Samuel Mills ancestors

Samuel Mills ancestors

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 5:22PM GMT
Need info, please. My first attempt, so have mercy. Samuel Benjamin Mills (my gfath) b. 3/21/1867 m. Effie Belle Gray b.1/11/1876 in Jackson Co., WV on 10/11/1893.
Sam Mills was the son of George Mills b. 7/28/1817 wife Elizabeth. George was the son of William Mills..wife also named Elizabeth.
Effie Belle Gray was a Quaker and the son of Isaac Jackson Gray (a country doctor) and Elizabeth Grenell. They also had at least one other child..have information on a Lt. Alfred Gray USA who probably lived in the Pittsburg, PA area and had a daughter named Louise Gray Keets. This last is from the back of a picture of a young girl made by Hudson, 224 Fifth Ave., Pittsburg, PA. Elizabeth Grenell's mother was Elizabeth Crew and her father was ?? Grenell.
Long winded but I need help tying this together

George Mills Rebecca Tanner

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 5:25AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2002 5:35PM GMT
Lloyd
I am searching for more information on George Mills and Rebecca Tanner. This is my brick wall. Found a lot of information in a book that had a lot of Mills Family Lines it was Genelogies of Long Island Families. I think you may also find something in the
book Records of the Town of Jamaica Long Island, New York. There are three volumes
published by The Long Island Historical Society. There is also A Documentary History of The Family of Mills, New York Genealogical Biographical Society.
All of these records start from the year
1656 - 1751. Hope you have some luck as I am stuck in 1656 with dear old George as as are two other relatives of mine. If you can't find the above information zap me a note and I will send you what I can.
Carolyn Mills Delli Gatti.

George Mills father of Samuel Benjamin Mills

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 6:58AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 7:16PM GMT
All of the names that you mentioned in your message of October 10, 2000, with the exceptions of Isaac Jackson Gray and Elizabeth Grenell, are familiar to me. My great-great grandparents are William and Martha Elizabeth Brooks Mills - They had 11 children, the oldest being George Mills. Although George Mills is a brother to my Great Grandfather, I would be glad to share information on this family with you.

George Mills father of Samuel B. Mills

Lloyd Mills (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 6:24PM GMT
Frances..thanks for the speedy answer..
The George Mills I have in mind was born 7/28/1817, but I don't know where.
I do know that Sam Mills had at least one brother..Jack Mills married a lady named Prudy. They all came out here to WA state in 1901 by train.
Does this tie in with any information you have?
Again, thanx for the response

George Mills and Rebecca Tanner

Lloyd Mills (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 6:32PM GMT
Hi, Carolyn..
Thanx to you for speedy reply
George Mills I have b.7/28/1817 son of William Mills..don't have b'day or home town...
Phoned Jackson Co.WV courthouse today..found Sam Mills b.3/21/1867 in Wood County,WV. so am going there for birth certs., etc.
Again, my thnx

George Mills father of Sam Mills

Posted: 19 Oct 2000 5:28PM GMT
Frances...have found that Sam Mills was born in Wood County, WV 3/21/1867 but I don't know yet where his dad (George) was born. I have contacted the Jackson County court house for my gf gm marriage cert., but it hasn't come yet. I've also contacted the Wood County ct. hse. for info on George, but no answer yet. Evidently, from your information, there is some family connection 'tween us. Do you have the b-date of your George as 7/28/1817? Thanx loads...

Samuel B. Mills - Attention Lloyd

Carolyn Mills Delli Gatti (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 10:01AM GMT
Have you found any conection with a Robert Greenwell who married Martha Mills Born 1813
Died 1876. Grenell may have been misspelled.
If you find any connection let me know can give you lots of information and the name of a Mills-kin who is a member of this line. She has pictures and great information.

Samuel B. Mills

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 3:48PM GMT
Carolyn, thnx for the mail. I'm here in WA state and my family reaally hasn't shown much interest in forefathers (or foremothers, either) Don't really know why, but, well.......The only Grenell I've come across is Isaac Jackson Gray married Elizabeth Grenell (they my gmother's parents). Evedently this was a Quaker family, and he was a country dr. Also, they had a son, Alfred,and possibly lived in or around the Pittsburgh, PA area. Elizabeth Grenell's mother was Elizabeth Drew...fer father's first name not known.
Frances Mills Scott e-mailed me that her gggparents were William and Martha Elizabeth Brooks Mills. I'll have to get bdate from her and marriage date for thjos Mills'
Thanks for help...plz stay in touch. Also, what area of the country are you in, if you don't mind saying?

Samuel B. Mills

Carolyn Mills Delli Gatti (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:09PM GMT
Hi Lloyd,
I live in San Francisco but was born in Dallas, Texas. Have been searching for quite a while and have met a few relatives
that I never knew existed and they never knew about me either and we are from the same
Mills Line. I talked to Fern Taylor and she
said to give you her Phone number and she will try to help you locate the information
you are looking for. Area code 309-245-5153.
We have a Samuel Mills Born 1631 Died 1726
who married Susannah Palmer Born 1638 Died ??.
Good sleuthing.

Geo. Mills father of Sam B. Mills

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 7:41PM GMT
Hi, Frances....My gfath,. Sam Mills, son of Geo. Mills, son of William Mills (wife Elizabeth). Sam was born 3/21/1867,married Effie Belle Gray. Sam's father was Geo. Mills whose father was william Mills (wife Elizabeth). Have info that Geo. born 7/28/1817, but that doesn't sound right. Could be that is bdate for William. Would this tie in with what you have (Wm. Martha Elizabeth Brooks Mills)?
I'm here in WA state and can't seem to get much help from the MIlls clan here on ancestry. Appreciate all the help!!!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions