Search for content in message boards

William Hodgkins

William Hodgkins

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 7:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodgkins
I am a direct descendent of William Hodgkins and I am tracking his ancestry. Does anyone know William's Mother and Father. I believe his father to be Richard. Any Ideas?

Re: William Hodgkins

Catherine Joy Hodgkins Murch Gustafson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2002 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgkins Joy Murch
I have an ancestor, William, b. 1590 in Holt, Worcester, England whose father's name was Richard b. 1561 in Barcheston, Warwick County England. Could this be the same William you are talking about? Would love to hear from you to compare notes.

Devon Hodgkins (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2002 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgkins
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have seen that name before though I had no hard proof that he was the father of William. It is the same William by the way. What was Richard's wifes name? Please get in touch with me at devonhodgkins@aol.com as it would be fun to compare notes.

Best,

Devon Hodgkins

Catherine Joy Hodgkins Murch Gustafson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2002 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgkins Joy Murch
Hi Devon,
I will also contact you directly but wanted to post an answer for anyone else who might be interested. Unfortunately I do not know the name of Richard's wife. I am still in the process of researching that period of time. Hopefully someone else will be able to help us out.

Catherine

Devon Hodgkins (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2002 6:06PM GMT
Thanks Catherine,

I have spent some time in England and I would love to get into some of the old church records. I would also like to hear from anyone with information on Anson Hodgkins of Ellsworth Maine.

Best,

D

Posted: 19 May 2011 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: hodgkins
My grandfathers name was William Hodgkins. Although definitely out of the time frame you are both looking at. I just wondered if you had any information on him/if its the same family? My mothers' name is Caren Jane if that helps and he had a brother called Charles. There were more brothers and sisters but that is the only name i know so far

my email is sarahcornick88@hotmail.com please feel free to email me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions