Search for content in message boards

Rozell's of New York

Rozell's of New York

Posted: 29 Nov 2003 6:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2003 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Rozell, Higgs
I am looking for information on Rozell's that started out in Dutchess County, NY and ended up in Steuben County, NY.
My 3rd great grandfather was William Rozell. He died August 26, 1879 in Caton, Steuben County, NY. He was born between 1793 and 1797 in either Putnam County or Dutchess County. He married Sarah E. Higgs who was born May 9, 1814 in Dutchess County. I don't know the date of their marriage. All of their children were born in Broome County, NY. Sarah died November 10, 1898 in Caton, Steuben County, NY. William and Sarah had a son named Joshua who was born about 1855. He was married to Julia Parker (Barker). They had a son named William H. Rozell. He was married at least 3 times. He married and Anna M. Matthews in 1905 and he married a Mary Bacon in 1912. His final marriage was to Anna Nicewonger (Hovencamp) (Hurd). If anyone has any information they think would be helpful to me I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone wants more information feel free to e-mail me at TrappedInADream2@hotmail.com
P.S. Sarah E. Higgs' father was Benjamin Higgs and I think Julia???

Re: Rozell's of New York

Darlene Rozelle (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2004 2:47AM GMT
Hi! cousin,
I have information on this line, would love to exchange.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Darlene

Stacey Rozell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2004 7:37AM GMT
Surnames: Rozell
Please send your information to TrappedInADream2@hotmail.com please. Unfortunately all the information I have on the Rozell's was in the message that you responded to. Hope to hear from you soon.
Stacey Rozell

Posted: 18 Jun 2004 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2004 4:48PM GMT
Hi, I'm from Glens Falls, NY currently living in Walpole, MA. My father's name was Percy Pozell, mother Dorothy (Granger) Rozell. My grandfather was Frank Lorenzo Rozell from Lake Luzern, NY and my grandmother Emma (Vandenburg) Rozell from Hudson Falls. My greatgrandfather was Frank S. Rozell his wife was Suzy Woodcock from Hadley,NY. Very little is known about this side of the family and I'm searching for info. What I have been able to find out so far is Frank L's birth certificate says his father was from Germany. I have always been told we were French?? Confusing??? Got any ideas, please e-mail me.

Darlene rozelle Luzinski (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2004 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Rozell(e), Nielsen, Bacon, Russell, Casey
Yes confusing ... We were told we were from France to...
A cousin in Canada has been working on this one for years.

My research points to Germany.

I do not have any Franks,... Jeremiah Rozell is the son of Henry 1970 NY Census.

I have his family.
Sorry I could not be of more help
Darlene Rozelle Luzinski

Posted: 18 Dec 2004 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2004 2:38AM GMT
Hello can you tell me how we are related? And any info you can give me would be helpful

Posted: 4 May 2005 3:10AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2005 3:01AM GMT
I'm not sure if I can help but I'm a Rosell and from Steuben Co, NY.
My grgrgrgrandfather was James Rosell, born in PA in approx. 1793.
This family is soooooooo mixed up with so many wives and children that most of us will probably end up related!!
I've requested info on James and will let you know if I find out anything.
Please email me at cynthiacr@verizon.net.

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 6:22PM GMT
I am related through Jeremiah Rozell, Fishkill, NY in the 1790 census as possible son of Henry with 2 brothers, Peter and John
I have most of Jeremiah's family line including copies of his Rev War records. He had a son Joshua, I have no other info on him as he may have been older than the one you found.
Both names are common in our line.
I am sure they are connected.
The only Woods I have are much later.
Thanks, Darlene Rozelle Luzinski

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 6:25PM GMT
Are you looking for James Arthur, son of Jeremiah or Janes Ansel son of Michael grandson to Jeremiah?

Posted: 6 May 2005 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2005 3:01AM GMT
I could be...all I know about James is that he born in PA approx 1793. He had at least one wife Eliza J also from PA approx 1811. They had at least five childred: David A. approx 1834, NY; Caroline A. approx. 1839, Ohio; James H. approx 1842, Mich;Katherine R. approx 1931, NY; and CHarles Lewis Jul 1845, MIch. (my grgrgrandfather).
Does any of this look familiar to what you have? Please email me at cynthiacr@verizon.net so that we can compare notes!!Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions