Search for content in message boards

Searching for Kenneth R. Cosgrove

Searching for Kenneth R. Cosgrove

haydn ferguson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2005 1:34AM GMT
Surnames: Cosgrove
Does anyone have information on Kenneth Roderick Cosgrove, parents Thomas & Nancy Cosgrove, b. 1919 in Idaho? or Fort Hall? - he is a distant relative last heard from in 1970. Last known address PO Box 226, Blackfoot, Idaho.
Any information will be much appreciated.

Re: Searching for Kenneth R. Cosgrove

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 3:25AM GMT
I have a rock painted by Kenneth Cosgrove that he used as his buisness card. On the front is a self portrait and the back has his name and address (the P.O. box you posted). He gave this to my mother when she lived in either Idaho Falls or Rexburg. My mother lived there between 1973 - 1976.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 3:46AM GMT
Sir,
I met Kenneth and his wife (can't remember here name) in Blackfoot in 1981. His wife was a distant cousin of my fellow worker and we went to Kenneth's house east of Blackfoot and helped to brand his cattle when we were working in the area. We stayed for dinner and visited. He told me about a trip he had just made to show his art in San Francisco. He had a picture of an Indian Maiden with an arrow through her head on his wall that he had painted whose eyes appeared to follow you around the room. At the end of the evening he brought out some of his painted rocks and gave them to us for helping him. I have a river rock with an Indian Chieftian painted on it. As the other person said he had an address label varnished into the back that showed his name and address. He had corrected the P.O. Box to 236 from 226. The label says Painted by Krazy Horse, Kenneth Cosgrove, Box 236, Blackfoot, Idaho 83221. He told me that he was a grandson of the real Crazy Horse. Not sure if that were true, but he was a real nice fellow. I never saw him again after that and my friend has since died of Cancer. There is a Kenneth R. Cosgrove (age 92) with a wife Emma Jean Cosgrove (Age 85) living in Blackfoot now. Maybe they are related or it might be them. Unless he held his age real well he wouldn't be 92. He looked at the most about 20 years my senior at the time I met him and I am 60 now. He should only be about 80 something, but maybe that is him. I can't pull anything up on the phone book and I am several hundred miles away. I love the rock that he gave me and it is strange that I was just looking for information on him too.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 4:43AM GMT
I found some more information. Address is on:
W 150 N
Blackfoot, ID 83221
This is a short road that runs between Clark Road and Taber Road on the West side of Blackfoot. Someone has to know where he is along there.

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 6:06AM GMT
SS Death Index shows a Kenneth R Cosgrove, born 1919 and died 2007, Bingham, Idaho. But since you posted in 2002, maybe you found him before 2007.

Sorry.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Dunn, Cosgrove
Kenneth and his wife, Emma Jean, were friends to my parents. My dad grew up in Blackfoot on the Henry Dunn Ranch. I have tried to find Kenneth and Emma Jean but fear I am too late as I would imagine they have passed on. I wanted to find them to ask about my grandfather, Henry Dunn, Sr's relationship with Chief Joseph as my father told me they were good friends and I was too young to find out the history behind that friendship. Kenneth gave my father a painting of Joseph that has disappeared since my parents have both passed on. Emma Jean gave my children some of those famous painted rocks. The address in my mother's address book gave the P.O. box number as 236 in Blackfoot. I may try the other address to see if Emma Jean may still live there.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 6:13AM GMT
I hope you find them and they are still living. I would defnintely love to get more information about them so I could have the Biography of the person who painted my rock. My friend who was Emma Jean's cousin died 2 years ago so I am not able to talk to him about it. Post what you find.

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 2:30PM GMT
Good day:
I am one of Kenneth's many sons, he also had two daughters. He passed away a couple of years ago and was in his late 80s. The real Crazy Horse was not his grandfather, wrong tribe but his grand father Thomas Cosgrove was involved in the Indian Wars as chief of Shoshone Indian Scouts under Shoshone Chief Washakie, they were involved in the Battle of the Rose Bud a day before the Little Big Horn.
I did not know my father because all of his kids were placed up for adoption, it was probably for the best during those times. We did eventually make it back to the reservation and get to know him and our mother Emma Jean for a few years before their passing.
Thank you for sharing part of your story in knowing them, it brings peace to my heart.

May the Creator watch over you and your loved ones.
T'cha-Mi'iko
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions