b. 1729 Oct 31 Bridgehampton, Suffolk, Long Island, NY
Commissioned: 1773 Feb 16
m.Sarah Fanning at Mattituch, LI, NY 1775 May 4
d. Wading River, Suffolk, LI, NY 1803

Re: Lupton, Captain Josiah

Josiah Edmund Lupton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2004 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a direct decendant of Capt. Josiah Edmund Lupton of L.I. and have his original commision papers and protection papers from the British goverment hanging on my wall.

Thanks
Josiah ( Si) Lupton
P.O.Box 80
Taftsville, VT 05073

Will abstract: Christopher Lupton, d. 1685/7, Southampton, Suffolk, NY

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Lupton, Budd, Clark, Wood, Laughton, Rose,
Testator: Christopher Lupton, "of North Sea belonging to Southampton In the County of Suffolk In the province of Newyork"
Wife: Liddiah
Sons: John,Thomas, Christopher, Joseph, Benjamin,
Daughters: Lidia Wood,Mary Clark, youngest daus. Deborah Lupton,Abigail Lupton
Executors named: Wife and son Thomas
Signed by his Mark
Wits: John Rose, John Laughton
Dated: 1st day of October In the Second year of the Raine of our Soveraine Lord James ye Second &c Annoqe Dom 1686
Presented at court or sessions March 15, 1686/7

Inv. taken by John Jager, Charles Sturmey, and Obadiah Rogers March 3, 1686/7
This man's son Thomas married a Mary (widow of Thomas) in her 1749 will. Thomas and Mary had a daughter Mary who married in 1731 Joshua Budd and had Joshua Budd, Jr.

Is anyone related to this line through Joshua Budd or his son?

Re: Will abstract: Christopher Lupton, d. 1685/7, Southampton, Suffolk, NY

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Lupton, Budd
New York City Wills Vol. IV 1744-1753

Page 22.--In the name of God, Amen. I, MARY LUPTON, widow of Thomas Lupton, of the town of Southampton. I leave to my grand daughters, Abigail, Phebe, and Sybil Hildeth, 1 cow, 1 brass kettle, and my feather bed. To my son, Thomas Lupton, œ10, out of a bond he gave me. I leave to my grand son, Joshua Budd, Jr., œ6, when of age. To my daughter, Hannah Lupton, œ40. I make Obadiah Rogers and Nehemiah Sayre, executors.
Witnesses, James Foster, Stephen Rogers, Abigail Rogers. Proved, before Brinley Silvester, Esq., November 2, 1749.

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 4:27AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Lupton, Mapham, Howell
Hi Joe,

Thomas Lupton and wife, Mary Lupton, heirs of Mr. James Hampton. The said Mary being daughter of John Mapham, deceased. They sell to Hezekiah Howell one-sixth of Lot 30 in Catchaponack Neck. Sept 20, 1719 [ Southampton town records Vol. V p. 129]

John Mapham/Mappam md.Mary Hampton, their dau. md. Thos. Lupton

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Lupton,Mappam-Mapham,Hampton, Budd
See my previous message, then:

SH TR Vol. II Liber A p.65
1673 June 5
James Hampton of S'hampton to my son in law John Mappam and his wife my daughter Mary..land called Pope Lot, land in Captain's Neck, and ......all the rest of my housing and lands after the decease of me and my wife...and after to their two oldest daughters unless they have a son and then to him. My son Moppam having engaged to set up his house.... Jane Hampton agrees to the above gift.

Joshua Budd, Jr. was mentioned as the grandson of Mary Lupton, "widow of Thomas Lupton", in her 1749 will. In 1731 Joshua Budd married Mary Lupton and "joshua Budd's wife Mary" died Jan 7, 1739 Or 1740 -not clear in the record.

From this we can surmise that Joshua Budd, Jr. was born between 1731 and 1740. Mary [Lupton] Budd was probably born before 1715 to be married by 1731. As near as I can figure her husband Joshua Budd was born between 1698 and 1713. He was the son of John Budd and Hester, grandson of John Budd and Mary Horton.

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Lupton
Love to share Lupton info.
Patsy Campbell
patc@insightbb.com

Re: Lupton, Captain Josiah

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: LUPTON
Would love to talk to you about your Lupton information. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind Regards,
Patsy Campbell
patc@insightbb.com

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 4:02AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: lupton
i dont know much about my ancestry because my great grandmother moved here of her own accord in the 50s and i was fairly young when she passed away. i do know that her mothers name is lillian lupton and her fathers name was john lupton and she was born on September 16, 1923 in Annan, Dumfrieshire, Scotland. most of which her family currently lives in scotland from what i know. would that have anything to do with the luptons you are talking about? if so could you tell me? i have been searching for years and came across the calhoun clan and the lupton clan and am not really sure which one it is though. so i am a tad flustered and frustrated with it.

attiya russell
tiyachick@aol.com

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 11:02PM GMT
Hi Attiya
Was her father John Thompson Lupton b 1905 d 1957 and mother Lilanne Green. If so I have this family back for many generations. There were 4 children Joan, John, Ronald and Evelyn who died young. The origins of the family were from Sedbergh in Yorkshire.
Regards Gerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions