Search for content in message boards

Magee family Ireland >PA> OH>MO>TX

Magee family Ireland >PA> OH>MO>TX

Posted: 25 Jun 2010 5:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Magee, McGee, Leech, Wright, Trout, Lawrence
Looking for family and siblings of Mary MAGEE b ca 1818 Ireland, married to Robert WRIGHT (1818 OH- ), m 05 Dec 1839 Hocking Co, OH.

I worked with a researcher, Janet Sheets, in 2005 and lost touch with her. She believed that Mary's father was Robert Magee (b ca 1785 Ireland), mother Elizabeth (unk). Immigration date of ca 1819 to Washington Co, PA. I've not found this record as yet.

The family unit she had tentatively pieced together based on dates and locations is:

Eliza Magee

Robert Magee

James Magee (1806 Ireland-25 Sep 1868 Toledo, IA, m Nancy LEECH

Prudence McGEE(abt 1811 Ireland- ) m John WILKINSON (1814-1850) also married in Hocking Co, OH and neighbors to Mary and Robert WRIGHT in Dallas Co, MO

Samuel Magee (10 Nov 1815 County Down, Ireland-28 Aug 1899 Brown, Vinton Co, OH) m Ce3lia Ann TROUT (1830-1896)

Mary Magee (1818 Ireland- ) m Robert WRIGHT (my line) went from Hocking Co, OH to Dallas Co, MO and settled in Parker Co, TX. I found a mention that the Parker Co. pioneers were leaving the area, no mention of where they were going! Found last on the 1875 Tax list. A daughter, Victoria Wright Lawrence moved to OK and they may have followed her.

John Magee (1826-1853 Brown, Vinton, OH)

Thomas Magee (1828 PA- )

If anyone connects to any of these individuals, please contact me at: jglocke@yucca.net I am very open to correction, just would love to get this line correct.

Re: Magee family Ireland >PA> OH>MO>TX

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Magee
Hi Joyce! Not sure if we have a connection but I also am looking for Magees. Mine that I know of are from Washington County, Ohio-not far from Hocking County. My ancestor is Felix Magee-came from Belfast Ireland in 1819-landed in Quebec Canada then onto Lewiston, New York before heading to southeastern Ohio where he stayed until his death. I don't know where his home was in Ireland or who his parents were. What I do know is that he died August 18, 1873 at the age of 107. He was married to Eva Hoff of Maryland or Virginia. I find it interesting that your Magees came about the same time as my Magee. Just keep me in mind as you do your research and I will keep this posting as well and let you know if I connect with anything.

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Magee
Thanks for your reply! None of your Magee or Hoff names are familiar, but, like you, I'll keep your post and check against anything new that comes in. Sure would love to break thru this brick wall! Please feel free to contact me direct, my email address should be good until I die, just wish everyone else had that stability :)

Joyce

jglocke@yucca.net'

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 2:33AM GMT
I will certainly do that-thanx for the reply :) June
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions