Search for content in message boards

James and Enoch Raleigh

James and Enoch Raleigh

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Raleigh, Corder, Carter, Maggard
I have been trying to find information on Enoch Raleigh, when and where he arrived in North Carolina. I have no information for him except he had a son James Raleigh who was born in North Carolina in 1795. I have heard rumors that there were 4 Raleighs' that came to NC from ?. If anyone has information on Enoch, His relatives and his children, I would apprecaite any information.

Re: James and Enoch Raleigh

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2003 7:28AM GMT
Glenn,
Very interesting rumor. There is a similar rumor in my Raleigh family (from Maine as far back as I can trace) that there were 4 Raleigh brothers who left Maine about the time of the Civil War and acted as privateers, mostly hiring out to the South as blocade runners.
I'll give you my tree as far as I know it, maybe some names will ring a bell with you. I am Harry S. Raleigh, Jr. My father born1915 in Cape Elizabeth Me. His father Alonzo L. Raleigh born 1893, Lubec, Maine. His father Richard L. Raleigh born St. George, Me., married Lena Morong and had 8 children, Earl Le Roy, Richard, Clarles, Laura, Alice, Mary, Etta and Alonzo.
If the rumor has any substance those 4 Raleigh brothers were probably the generation before my g-g'father, Richard L. Raleigh.
This common rumor is very interesting. Almost too much for coincidence.
Good luck. Let me know if you find any connection.

Re: James and Enoch Raleigh

Posted: 12 Dec 2005 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: keen, keene, raleigh
I have a James Raleigh from Rockingham County, NC who married an Anne [Unknown] and had a daughter named Martha abt 1819. The date and time seem to be about right for these individuals to be the same
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions