Surnames: Shelton
Hi Cyndi I'm from Texas my family came from Ark. and Tenn. Stashelton@aol.com

Johnson Co. Texas Sheltons

John Shelton (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 3:22AM GMT
Hello Cindi. My name is John Shelton, raised in Johnson Co. Texas. Bunch of us in that area. Lost contact with some. My Grandfather`s name was John Daniel,married to Carrie Belle,children`s names were Sam, Jesse,Joe,Homer,Lillie, Myrtle and Gola. If any of those names ring a bell you can reach me at Jcarpetlayer@aol.com
I

Sheltons from Texas

Posted: 24 Feb 2001 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 2:51AM GMT
Hi!
I am searching for the parents of Lewis Thomas Shelton. I have
been told by family members his father's name was Joseph Lafayette
Shelton and that he was from Tennessee. Lewis/Louis Thomas Shelton
was born in 1865 in AR according to census records, but family members
say that he was born in TN. Has anyone run across either of these
two Sheltons in your research??

Thanks,
Pat

Joseph Anderson Shelton

Posted: 10 May 2002 10:19PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2005 12:00AM GMT
Cyndi, I have a Joseph Anderson Shelton in 1884 in Fort Worth, Tx. and a Dr. Richard Shelton Morgan in Indian Terr. in southern Okla. of which Bryan and Johnston Co.'s are listed. Also, Carter Co.and most of the Indian Terr. counties. If I can be of any help, contact me.

Re: shelton family - Godfrey Steve Shelton

Posted: 25 Jan 2004 6:47AM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2005 9:31PM GMT
Hi my grandfather was Godfrey Steve Shelton born in Utica Ok to Steven and Ida Shelton. My grandfather was a twin to a sister Gertie. They were born 1/15/1917. They had two older brothers Ocie Cecil Shelton b 8/18/1909 and Oscar 3/22/1911. Oscar died in 1920-1921. Ocie, Godfrey and Gertie all went to school in Durant, Bryant Co Ok from 1921-1930. Is there any connection to the Shelton family you are looking for? Thanks Terri

Re: Sheltons from Texas

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 5:54PM GMT
Hi Pat,
I too am looking for a Joseph L Shelton, His first wife was a Rosetta Johns(t)on, his second was Minerva McKinney McCall.

He was rumored to have been born in Arkansas, and came to Texas Via Alabama, Louisiana. He has been found in a Kaufman County Census, and a Nacodoches County Texas Census with Minerva as his wife stating they were married in 1895. His Tomb Stone states that he was born August 22, 1861 and died in a buggy accident in Carthage Texas on January 30, 1917. I am unsure if he is the Joseph you are looking For as many of the kids at (my great Aunts and Uncles)have him listed as Joe/Joseph/J. L./Louis/Lewis/some even say his middle name was Lafayette. I can find a Birthcertificate but I am not able to purchase it for my Great Aunt Lizzie (Emma Elizabeth Shelton) Born in Kaufman, Kaufman County, Texas, USA.

If we are related, please contact me at rlg0422@aol.com.

Sincerely,
Robin

Re: Joseph Anderson Shelton

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Sheltons
Hello, I saw your poting on the sheltons and my Grand Mothers mother was Mary Elizabeth Shelton. I don't know where she is from or any kin. I do know she was married to William F. Stovall and they lived in the Ft. Worth Texas area. My Grand mother was born some where in Mississippi. Lots of unknown questions. I would appreciate your help. Thanks Jimmie

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 11:28PM GMT
My Great Grandfather Died in Carthage Texas. His name was Joseph Shelton. He went by several Middle names. there is Lafate, Lafayette, Louis, and Lewis. He also used the initials J L and J S L he died January 30, 1917(or that is when they buried him). I have a tentative father for him but I am not sure of and may not be correct:
Nathaniel Shelton
Birth 31 March 1834 in Jackson, Alabama, United States
Death 15 Jan 1927 in Alabama, United States

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 11:32PM GMT
THere was also a time he went by Joe.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions