Search for content in message boards

Rush and Harris Bibles

Rush and Harris Bibles

PatriciaFoster (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2006 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
How would I be able to get a copy of these bebles and talk to the people who have them?
Thanks I am related to Grigsby Rush

Re: Rush and Harris Bibles

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: RUSH HARRIS
I tried to find the original post for your request about the RUSH and HARRIS Bibles. I could not find it. What Bibles are these? I would also be interested in RUSH information contained in the Bibles.

Thanks,

Mike Rush
Mesa, AZ

Bill Swearingen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2006 3:54AM GMT
There are several HARRIS family bibles at the Virginia State Archive in Richmond, VA. Several of them have been transcribed. In addition, there are a number of Harris Wills there also.

Concerning RUSH Bibles, I have a transcribed copy of the James Douglas RUSH Bible. James Doublas RUSH, b. abt. 1805 in Montgomery Co., NC, m. 13-Jan-1831 in Moore Co., NC & d. 22-Oct-1858 in DeKalb, Kemper Co., MS. This actual RUSH bible is in the possession of a distant cousin, Beth SCHOENMAN of Atlanta, GA.

Bill Swearingen - Bellvile, TX
A RUSH Grandson

Jeannie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2006 4:14AM GMT
Bill, I am please to see you on the Rush board. Several years ago you help me out with my Rush. James Rush and I had a full genealogy on the Rush from 1636. I made a copy for my aunt and don't have one for myself. Could you help me out on this one.
I noticed that you are up around the Dallas area. I'm in San Antonio.
Jeannie Rush

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 2:52PM GMT
Which of Grigsby's children do you descend from? I have transciptions
of his and his wife's parents family Bibles, Grigsby's Family Bible
and those of soe of his children.

Patricia Foster (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 8:59PM GMT
I descend from Grigsby's son Martin. Then Martin's son Benjamin Franklin Rush , then his daughter Ollie Bell Rush, then Jessie Ruth Cauley then me. I'm sure you know Grigsby died in Logan co. Ky. Martin was born there and died there. I grew up in Logan Co., however don't live there now. I would like copies of the Bible records that you have, all that you mentioned. Do you know who has the originals? Do you know if anyone has pictures of Grigsby or any of his children?
Which one of his children do you descend from?
Thanks for answering.

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Rush/Harris
I am related to this Rush/ Harris line. Is there much informatin available. I am doing research for the DAR and would like to find out more about William Rush and John Harris, who were both patriots. Thanks

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 3:23AM GMT
Surnames: Rush/Harris
Hi. I am interested in the John Rush b 5/27/1741 NC
Please contact me if you have any information. thank you

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: harris/rush
I am a descendant of Grigsby Rush's daughter, Elizabeth. Do you have any info that you can share? Thanks

Gribsby RUSH, b. 20-May-1784

Bill Swearingen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2006 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Rush, Gribsby, Harris, Harrison, Key, Williams, Goldsby, Singletary, Talbert, Young, May, Love
Grigsby RUSH, b. 20-May-1784 & m. Priscilla HARRIS. Priscilla was a daughter of John HARRIS & Patience TAYLOR. The John HARRIS family bible is on file in at least two stage archives : 1. TN, and 2. VA. I got my copy when I was in Richmond, VA in Oct., 2005.

Grigsby & Priscilla had a number of children including : Elizabeth, b. 12-Feb-1804 & m. ? PRIEST. Grigsby d. 20-Sept-1889.

More info on the RUSH and related lines in Gaynelle MOORE's RUSH family history book that was pub. in 2003 and is still in print. Her e-mail address is :

eldonmo@localnet.com
((ELDONMO@LOCALNET.COM))

I have some WORD docs on the RUSH, HARRIS and other related lines. If interested drop me a line :

Bill Swearingen
BSWEAR@HAL-PC.ORG
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions