Search for content in message boards

Birchenough family

Birchenough family

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2002 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Birchenough, Garside, Tintle, Dotterweich
William Henry BIRCHENOUGH lived in Preakness and married Effie VAN DUYNE of Morris County. They had several children, including: Ruth [b 1880], who married Alexander GARSIDE, Arthur [b 1882], who married Lena DOTTERWEICH, and Alice, who married Daniel TINTLE. I would like to correspond with any descendant of this family.

Re: Birchenough family

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 5:15AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 5:05AM GMT
Hi Peggy,
I am not a Birchenough but one of my favorite aunt's was. I was trying to help her fill in the missing pieces to her family tree, but she has since passed away. I would still like to get as much info as I can find for her children
and grandchildren.
This is what I know; working backwards, she lived in Preakness on the family homestead. She had two sisters and a brother they were Dorothy Everett 9-1-1906, Mabell 6-26-1909, William H. 3-6-1914 and herself Doris Mae 5-30-1921. Her brother Bill was killed in World War ll. He was over 6ft 6inches tall and was one of the first killed. In those days when you went to the movies but before the show started you would see newsreels of the war. As the family was watching the newsreel that night they saw Bill shot and killed. Any way their father was Harry Birchenough 6-28 1886. Harry was married to Viva Suthoff.
Harry's father was William H. and William was married to Mary Jane Daniels (2nd wife). They had Lousia, Mary, Frank D. 11-3-1897 and of course Harry 6-28-1886.
Williams first wife Effie Van Duyne had Ruth, Arthur, John, Ella, Alice, and a Robert D. I don't know which mother was Robert's.
William Henry's father was John. but we don't know much about him.
Tell me what info you have. I live in Randolph NJ. My parents lived in Totowa and my father's family (Van Riper)all came from Mt. View, Wayne NJ. I knew Bill, my Aunt's brother and visited the Birchenough homestead in Preakness many times. Hope this wasn't too confusing.
Shirley

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2002 4:07AM GMT
The data I have doesn't agree with yours. William Henry Birchenough was born in England 28 Dec 1844, s/o John Birchenough and Louise Goddard. He married Effie Van Duyne second, on 11 Arp 1878 in Boonton, Morris County. [I got that information from his marriage certificate, housed at Trenton archives]. Their children were Ruth, b 1 Feb 1880, Arthur, b 5 Dec 1882, John, b ? [he died bef 1902], Ella, b 27 Mar 1887, Robert, b 20 Apr 1889, and Alice, b 15 Mar 1891.
William married first, Mary Jane Daniels in Paterson, 27 Dec 1870.

Peggy

Posted: 19 Dec 2006 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Dotterweich
Hello, Have no relationship to Birchenough, but my botfriend is the grandson of August Dotterweich of Wayne. Please email me - jeaneology1@optonline.net

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Birchenough, Garside
My grandparents were Alex & Ruth Birchenough Garside.

Posted: 27 Sep 2011 12:23AM GMT
I am not sure if you are still active on this post. But my great great grandmother was Elizabeth Emma Birchenough, she was born in Macclesfield England in 1866. I am curious about the information many of you shared about the Birchenough family. I have many old family pictures and would love to find out more about the Birchenough family. I would like to know where the family homestead was located in Preakness, as I know my side of the Birchenough family was primarily located in Paterson as Elizabeth's father James worked in the silk mills th,ere. Another part of my family was also from Preakness, as my great great grandparents purchased in 1864 the property on Valley Road which was later known as the "Red Barn Farm" property. So, any information you may have would be greatly appreciated and maybe I could help you with my collection of Birchenough family photos etc.

Christine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions