Search for content in message boards

SWAN/GRAVES

SWAN/GRAVES

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
STILL RESEARCHING THE SWANN FAMILYS OF CULLMAN AND BLOUNT CO ALA,SEEKING IMFORMATION ON A WILLIAM R SWANN,JAMES AND
MARIE AND JAMES L SWANN OF GARDEN CITY ALA.
THE EARLIER SWANN WERE WILLIAM LEROY,SIDNEY
SWANN,JACOB SWANN,GEORGE WASHINGTON SWANN,PETER SWAN,RANDOLPH SWANN THAT MARRIED MARTHA ANN DAVIS D/O JIM DAVIS AND MARY
MILLICAN.ALSO FRANCIS MARION SWAN SR.THESE ARE
EDWARD SWAN SIBLINGS.ANY IMFO WOULD HELP I AM
A DECENDANT OF JAMES ROY SWANN,RANDOLPH E SWANN,PETE SWANN,FRANCIS MARION SWANN SR,EDWARD SWANN,THE SWANN FAMILYS WERE IRISH. EDWARD SWANN AND HANNAH MCCOLLUM CAME ON A BOAT FROM NORTH CAROLINA TO HUNTSVILLE ALA THEY WERE GLAD THE LONG JOURNEY WAS OVER THEY PICKED BLOUNTSPRINGS
TO BUILD THEIR COTTAGES TO MAKE IT THEIR HOME.
ALSO DOCTOR GRAVES CAME WITH EDWARD SWANN
ON THE BOAT ALSO,MADE BLOUNTSPRINGS THEIR HOME GRAVES FAMILYS ARE MY ANCESTORS ALSO.
ANY IMFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE ON ANY OF THE SWANN SIBLINGS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

Re: SWAN/GRAVES

nick reddan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2004 8:35AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2004 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: SWAN
Some dates might help others help you.

See my Irish SWAN tree:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nickred/trees/swan.PDF

Regards

Nick
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nickred/

Bill Goode (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 5:29PM GMT
Which GRAVES? My grandmother was a GRAVES and I have a good bit of info and pics.

Posted: 21 Jul 2005 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Swann (Swan) or Burns
My Great-Grandfather was Adolphus Marion Swann out of Blount County whose father was Frances Marion Swann who married Mary Catherine Burns who I have heard stories of growing up as well as Aunt Bertha (Adolphus' sister). If any of you are familiar with these names, please contact me.

SWAN/GRAVES

Posted: 24 Dec 2005 1:43PM GMT
Theresa, I have spent years compiling family history on the Swanns of Blount County which include Francis Marion and his son Francis Marion, Jr. I plan to distribute copies of this family history in the form of a book with index. I would be very much interested in some stories of "Chirp" [Francis Marion, Jr.] and his family. Gene Swann gene333@highstream.net

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 4:49PM GMT
Looking for the ancestors of Travis Swann (1895-1967) of Blount County, AL. I would appreciate any info you might have. My name is Scott Martin, son of Nancy Chapman, daughter of Dorothy Victoria Swann, daughter of Travis. I cannot find the names of his parents.

Thank you.
Scott
scott.martin64@gmail.com

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Swan. swann. allred
Hi.My great grandmother Was Gane Swann. She was my grandfather Travis Morris's mother. I have trying to find any info about her and her side of the family. My gpa told me she was cherokee indian. Any info or pics woukdbe great, Thanks

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 4:19PM GMT
I am a GGGGG Edward Swan and Mary Elizabeth Swann.I would love to hear from anyone that their Swanns came from Ga and to Blount Co Ala and on in to Cullman and Hanceville Ala.Edward was my GGGG Francis Marion Swan Sr father Francis married i believe Milly Jett daughter of John Jett,Only spectulaion for now.There are still Lost Swanns folks and i want to find them if possible.I believe the Swanns were Cherokee through Edwards wife Mary.Francis Marion and Milly had my G G Grandfather Peter Kinchen Swann that married Melvina Jett,Blount Co Ala.

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Graves Family
I show Doctor Graves was born in North Carolina in 1800 and was the youngest of the earlier settlers in Blount County, he married Anna (surname unknown) they had several children - Nancy, Susan, Judith,Hezekiah, Marion, Randle (adopted child of Ann Morgan), Jane (adopted child of Ann Morgan) and Mathias.And the Graves Family is pretty much all over Blount & Jefferson Counties. He settled beside Alexander Graves who was the son of John Graves He would have been a cousin to my GGG grandfather. Send me an email Debra Dawson52@yahoo.com if I can help you. Debe Draudt

Re Graves Family.

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 10:01PM GMT
Do you have any pics of Thomas or Charles Henry Graves ?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions