Search for content in message boards

Isaac Peavy

Isaac Peavy

Barbie Alday (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2002 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on Isaac Peavy. He married Laney Matthews. Isaac was my ggg grandfather. They had a daughter named Henrietta Peavy who married Andrew Jackson Bowman. If this is anyone's line, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at swampgal_74@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Barbie Alday

Need Details--Re: Isaac Peavy

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 6:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY/PEVY/PEEVY, SEALE, HADEN/HAYDEN/HADDEN, JOHNSTON, McKETTRICK/McKITTERICK
In order to try and place your Isaac Peavy we would all need more detail about what timeframe you are concerned with. If you can tie this family to a location, or locations, at specific times that would help a great deal too. I believe I have an Isaac quite a way back in my line, but don't recall who he married or whether I have that info. Janell

Re: Need Details--Re: Isaac Peavy

Barbie Alday (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2002 9:27PM GMT
Hey Janell,

I found Isaac Peavy in an email that said he married Adelaney. He was born in 1805 and her in 1823. The only thing I have past Isaac is his mother's name was Nancy born 1776. In the 1860 census of Dale Co., AL, it was spelled Pevy. If you can find anything on them, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, it said Isaac and Nancy were born in Georgia.

Thanks,

Barbie

Re: Need Details--Re: Isaac Peavy

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 9:48PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 6:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY/PEVY/PEEVY, SEALE, HADEN/HAYDEN/HADDEN, JOHNSTON, McKITTRICK/McKETTRICK
Now, we may be getting somewhere! My great great grandfather was Michael Peavy/Pevy, born ca 1800 in GA. That puts him in the same generation, same area, as your Isaac. Michael was the son of Abraham and Lydia Muse Peavy/Pevy, but off the top of my head I don't recall if he had a brother by the name of Isaac. This Peavy/Pevy family moved into Butler co, AL about 1815-1818, and Michael was later in Coosa and Elmore counties. Write me directly at this address and I'll look up Abraham's children for you. jjg6808@earthlink.net. Janell

Isaac PEAVY II Screven Co GA

Posted: 21 Sep 2002 5:08AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2004 6:19PM GMT
Surnames: PEAVEY PEAVY
My ancestors Joseph PEAVEY & Nancy MIZELL evidently had three children: Guilford PEAVY (b c 1800 m 1829 d after 1882), Luke Mizell PEAVY (b by 1808) who moved west to Randolph Co GA, and Isaac PEAVY II (b by 1808, fate unknown).

Joseph is associated with Isaac PEAVEY I (d 1804) and Micheal PEAVEY (m Susannah DICKSON, parents of Littleton Dickson PEAVY b 1800 m 1826 d 1861).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions