Search for content in message boards

Graybill-Grabill of Virginia 1700s

Graybill-Grabill of Virginia 1700s

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gochenour Graybill Grabill Rosser
I'm working on my new daughter-in-law's genealogy and she has two Graybill-Grabill lines. All I know is they originate in Virginia. First 1) is Emanuel Grabill b: c. 1787, m: to Susan Rosser, both died after 1860 in VA. Son Abraham Grabill b: 1820, m: 1844 Eliza Gochenour. Their son William b: 1851, VA, died 1901, Macon Co., IL 2) is Christian Graybill and wife Francey ???, living in VA., daughter Christena Graybill married 30 Oct 1813, to Joseph Gochenour, both died in Virginia. Yes these two lines join with this last couple. Does anyone have any data (places, dates, names, siblings, parents, etc.)on these two lines? Do they connect into the Drumore Twp. families. I know the Gochenour's married into the Roads/Rhodes family of Page Co., VA.

Re: Graybill-Grabill of Virginia 1700s

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 10:38PM GMT
I can help on Emanuel's line. Recent reading of original microfilm gave Susanna Blosser. Also she + most of the 1850 Census Grabills (except Samuel) are buried in Long Acre Farm Cemetery, Mt. Jackson, VA. Some Find A Grave volunteers took pix in October. Check out Susannah Blosser Grabill's memorial, Shenandoah Co., VA. They sent to me & I'm not a sponsor so I can't upload to F-A-G site. Susanna : 1800-1881; Emanuel : abt. 1787-abt. 7/1867 (as that's when the administrator of his estate was appointed). I don't recall Abraham--any listing w/family etc. ?

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Grabill
Thanks so much for the data! Do you know anymore on the parentage of Emanuel Grabill? Do you have some history about him and his family? You can email me at irish.armiger.gmail.com

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 2:39PM GMT
That email address won't work for me...cralmstedt@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions