Search for content in message boards

Haley Family of VA

Haley Family of VA

Posted: 7 Oct 2009 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Need info on these lines.
1. Edward b abt 1680 in Spotsylvania Co marr Catherine. Need her last name & their parents & siblings. Have their children as:
Elizabeth b abt 1715 marr William C. ( Nicholas ) Christopher son of Nicholas Christopher & Anna. Have 5 children for William & Elizabeth.
Valentine b abt 1716 marr James Herndon son of Edward Herndon Sr. & Mary. Need children for James & Valentine.
2. Jesse C. b abt 1880 in Caroline Co marr Nellie Hargrove. Need parents & siblings for them. Their dau Maude Hargrove b abt 1908 marr Edwin Archibald Beazley 6 Apr 1946. He was the son of Edwin Price Beazley & Evelyn Marie Samuel. Also need children for Maude & Edwin.
3. Kathleen b abt 1900 in Caroline marr Arthur Leonard Smith. Need their parents & siblings. Their dau Majorie Cobb b abt 1928 marr Emerson Monroe Gray Sr. 25 Oct 1947. Have 3 children for Emerson & Majorie.
4. Margaret b abt 1765 in Caroline Co marr Matthew Campbell. Need her parents & siblings.Matthew was the son of Joseph Campbell Sr. & Elizabeth Peatross. Need children for Matthew & Margaret.
5. Marian b abt 1900 in Culpeper Co marr Alton Ortell Rosson son of William Bushrod Rosson & Indianna Laura Bell Siple. Need parents & siblings for Marian & children for her & Alton.
6. Meriday b abt 1765 in Caroline marr Amey Campbell sister to Matthew ( see # 4 ) Need his parents & siblings. Is he brother to Margaret? Also need children for Meriday & Amey.
7. Wirt W. b abt 1910 in Hanover Co marr Ruby Hansford Traylor. Need his paretns & siblings. Ruby was the dau of Arthur Linwood Traylor Sr. & Alice Virginia Perrin. Need children for Wirt & Ruby. Any info on these Haley's appreciated.
Ollie

Re: Haley Family of VA

Posted: 27 Dec 2009 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Haley,Roarke, Gill, Campbell,Wyrick, Warrick, Foss
Hi-
My name is John Haley. I think I can fill in a good deal on the Meriday Haley-Amey Campbell line.

From my grandfather the line goes back as follows-
James Edward Haley
John Harvey Haley
John Harrison Haley
Joseph Campbell Haley
Meriday Meredith Haley

Here is alink that I found last year.

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:354917...

I have also found that both Mathew and Amey Campbell married into the Meriday Haley family.

I can get as far back as Ed and Catherine of Orange and of particular note might be below within an excerpt of the history that includes an Agnes Clark, Meriday, Joseph, and Amey.

Ancestors of John William HALEY Jr. 4 Nov 2007

Seventh Generation

64. Meriday HALEY was born on 24 Aug 1767 in Caroline County, Virginia, USA. He died in Mar 1830.in Caroline
County, Virginia, USA He was christened Meriday HALEY and Amey CAMPBELL on 30 Nov 1786 were married. They
appeared in the census 1810 Census in Caroline County, Virginia, USA.20 They appeared in the census 1820 Census in
Caroline County, Virginia, USA.21

65. Amey CAMPBELL was born about 1765 in Caroline County, Virginia, USA.

68. Ephraim WYRICK was born about 1808 in Fauquier, Washington, Virginia, USA. He died in 1837. Ephraim WYRICK
about 1832 were married in Fauquier, Washington, Virginia, USA.

70. Thomas HUNT was born in 1783. He died in 1837.

71. Honthenia was born in 1792. She died in 1837.

72. Mr GILL was born.

73. Spouse (GILL) was born.

Eighth Generation

128. John HALEY Jr was born in 1700 in Louisa County, Virginia, USA. He died before 1778.in Louisa County, Virginia,
USA John HALEY Jr and Agnes (Mary Agnes) CLARK on 1 Oct 1743 were married in Cedar Creek Monthly Meeting,
Hanover County, Virginia, USA. Note: The marriage between John Haley and Agnes Clark is probable but it is not proven.
Source: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~lksstarr/html/moorman.html

129. Agnes (Mary Agnes) CLARK was born in 1723 in Louisa County, Virginia, USA. She died before 1769.

130. Joseph CAMPBELL was born in 1740 in Caroline County, Virginia, USA. He

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: Haley, Hargrave
just stumbled upon this and thought I'd add what I know:
re #2: Jesse Cobb Haley, Jr. was my maternal grandfather. His father, Jesse Cobb Haley, Sr. was married to Nellie (Hargrave, not Hargrove)and had Maude (b. 1908, d. 2008), Margaret, and Byrnal (I know Maude was the oldest, not sure who came next). After Nellie died, my great grandfather married her sister, Mabel Corine Hargrave and they had Jesse Cobb Haley, Jr. and Thomas Nelson Haley. My great uncle (Nelson, as we call him) is now the only living sibling. Oh, and Maude and Edwin Beazley never had children.
-Jessica (named after Jesse!)

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 2:06PM GMT
Ruby Traylor is my aunt. They never had children.

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 1:30AM GMT
Thought I would let you know that a Heritage Book for Caroline County is in the works, so if you have a family connection to Caroline you may submit an article on your connection. The deadline is Mar. 20th. Go to www.county-heritage.com./va/caroline for more info.
Ollie

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 11:42PM GMT
The right web site for the heritage book i www.county-heritage.com/va/caroline. Sorry for the mistake.
Ollie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions