Search for content in message boards

Spurrier family

Spurrier family

Linda Mayers nee Spurrier (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2002 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spurrier, Williams
My father is Alan Spurrier, originally from Liverpool. His father was Keith Spurrier, killed at sea in the 1940's and he married Jane Ellen Williams.On holiday in Devon we came across graves of William Spurrier, Mary Spurrier, Richard Spurrier, all died late 1800's, early 1900's. Is there any information of any relatives in between those times. My father also has two brothers Eric who lives in U.S.A. and Keith, unknown address.
If anyone has any information I would be very interested.
Thankyou

Re: Spurrier family

Posted: 13 Aug 2007 6:04PM GMT
This is an 'off the wall' question. I was wanting to ask if "Keith Spurrier" had died on ship? I am also searching info and fellow members(families) of the U.S.S. Paul Hamilton. The search for more on my uncle that went down with it. I have been able to locate some info and I wanted to find families that may have known more about the men that were on it.
Thanks for your time,
Leslie Allen Guffey
My email is: gguffey3@charter.net

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 10:56AM GMT
Hi.

My mother’s Spurrier family originated from North Devon and I know of another Spurrier family not connected with my family from South Devon who had a connection with the Newfoundland Cod trade. There are loads of Spurrier’s from North and South Devon.

Tony.

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 1:34AM GMT
My name is Keith Spurrier father was Walter Keith Mother Jane Ellan my father was killed at sea on 7th may 1932 I have Brothers Alan and Eric so I think I am your Uncle, I was born 11march 1931 in Anfield Liverpool, hope you see this as I see it is a long time since you posted your message n
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions