Search for content in message boards

re ritchie from scotland

re ritchie from scotland

Posted: 4 Dec 2010 12:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ritchie
I am interested in anyone with the surname ritchie three brothers from scotland , William aka "Bonnie" , Alexander aka "elik" and Jacob aka "jombo", they went to Jamaica in the 1900's , Alexander moved on to Belize where he formed his own family. We want to find information on their parents or anyone who are their descendants living in Scotland or Ireland. William got married to Edith Powell . They were my great grand parents and I would love to find the scotland link. i am now living in the UK. Willam was born around 1880

Re: re ritchie from scotland

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 12:25AM GMT
Well I have 3 brothers in one of my families who fit this pattern, Alexander born 12 July, 1864, James (same as Jacob) born 4 May 1868 and William born 12 Jan 1870, all born in Prestonpans, East Lothian, Scotland to parents James Ritchie died before 1881 census and Isabella Fowler who was born in Aberdeen in 1840. The parents married in 15 South Square, Footdee, Aberdeen-shire on 18 October 1861. James the father and Alexander were involved in the fishing but lost track of Alexander after the 1881 census when he was 17, I have the younger brothers in the 1891 census but no track after that.
Hope there is enough information to decide if aconnection or not.

Tom

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 5:17PM GMT
Thanks I believe these were my relatives , my great granddad william was involved in fishing in jamaica , if there is any more information I could get on any living members of the family in Scotland I would appreciate it you have been great help thanks

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 7:41PM GMT
Hi miles4,

Well my paternal grandfather was a Ritchie, Margaret Grandison Ritchie born 1895 Cockenzie, East Lothian died 1967. Her parents were both Ritchie's but not directly related, John Ritchie born 1862 Prestonpans died ? and Margaret Craig Carmichael Ritchie born 1861 died 1947. JOhn born 1862 is the oldest brother of your great Grandad William Fowler Ritchie, if the same family, my great grandfather John is brother oy your great grandfather William.

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 10:56PM GMT
Thanks so much for the information so we are relatives , I have passed on your information to my cousin Keble , he promised to make contact with you which I think you did , this is my email address miiles4@yahoo.co.uk we could communicate , I would love to meet my great granddad relatives sometime soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions