Search for content in message boards

Goliad County relatives

Goliad County relatives

Lois Azbill (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SATTELMAIER, GAUBATZ, GAUBUTZ
Looking for information on Peter SATTELMAIER, JR.,who is believed to be buried in the old LaBahia Cemetery, Goliad(Goliad Co.)TX during the early 1900's. Parents: Peter and Elisabeth SATTELMAIER. Also looking for descendants of Christian GAUBATZ and daughter Katharina GAUBATZ BITSCH, wife of George BITSCH. It is believed they all came to the US in 1892 and settled in Goliad County.

Gaubatz

Jean Barthels (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gaubatz, Powitzky, Stehle
My Gaubatz family starts with John (Johann) Gaubatz dob 1872 in Austria, Hungary. He married Julianna Stehle in Golaid, TX. They settled in Golaid Co. TX. One of their daughers was my GM who married into the Powitzky family (my mother's side). My grandparents then lived in Victoria, TX.
Any of those names in your line?
Jean

Stehle, Powitzky

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baerthel, Barthels, Brieger, Corbus, Duckworth, Erb, Gaubatz, Graham, Haar, Herr, Hertel, Jeanneret, Kuhn, Lehman, Lehr, Miller, Powitzky, Stehle, Trampier, Waddell, Wells
Hi. Received your posting of Stehles/Gaubatz/Powitzky in Golaid County today. Will contact you tomorrow, Sunday, 9/3.
Jean

Stehle, Powitzky

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2005 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Stehle, Powitzky
I have quite a bit of information on the Stehles of Goliad County. And a little on the Powitzky line. Your John and Juliana Gaubatz were among a group of 13 families who immigrated together from Mramorak, Austria-Hungary (now in Yugoslavia) in 1892, settling in Goliad County. John and Juliana then moved to Gonzales County and later to Fort Bend County. There also is a page about them, and a photo, in a church book in Needville, a copy of which is at the public library in Richmond (west of Houston). Contact me by e-mail, dsheron@stic.net, and we can share notes.

Sattelmaier, Gaubatz, Stehle Relatives

Lois Azbill (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ENKE, SATTELMAIER, BITSCH, GAUBATZ
My relatives came from Mramorak, Austria-Hungary and settled in Goliad County. Do you have the names of the parents and children of John (Johann) Gaubatz and Julianna Stehle? Christian Gaubatz (no data on him at present) is father to Katarina Gaubatz (dob:15October1835;died 09July1900 and buried in Wharton County) married George Bitsch in Mramorak in 1857. Their daughter, Elisabeth, married Peter Sattelmaier, my GGgrandparents. I have a book of Mramorak that has been translated. I also have some recent publications regarding the Mramorak families settling in Goliad County. These need translation.

Gaubatz

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Lois,
Ooops - had trouble posting previous message and I forgot to provide names of John & Julianna Stehle's children. They are:
Martha Margaraet Gaubatz (my gm - born in Golaid Co.)
Mary Gaubatz
Lena Gaubatz
Michael Gaubatz
Julia Gaubatz
John J. Gaubatz
WIllie gaubatz

Jean

Gaubatz

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Lois,
No, I have no information on John Gaubatz' parents. He did have a brother Mathias Gaubatz who is 4 years younger who married Anna Luedich. Believe the brothers came over to the US together as both show 1892 dates on immigration.

I only recently found info on the Gaubatz as I had nothing except the names of my grandparents.

I have the Mramorak book Bohland/Kemble but haven't been able to match up anyone. The Golaid Co. documents you have to be translated - are they in German?

Jean

Herr/Heer family in TX

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2003 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Heer, Evans, Neuschwanger, Parkins, Ritter
I am researching my Heer family who settled in Jo Daviess cty, Galena, IL in 1842. My 3rd great grandfather Christian Heer had several children there, one of them is George Derwin Heer, who Married Ella White.
There children were Clyde Heer, Willie Mae, and Ethel Heer. George died in Dennison, TX on August 12, 1931. Willie Mae was bornNov. 14, 1901- d. April 7, 1969.
I am looking for any information regarding descendents of these people, or anything on the Heer/Herr family in TX.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jennifer Heer

HERR/HEER IN GOLAID CO. TX

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baerthel, Barthels, Brieger, Corbus, Duckworth, Erb, Gaubatz, Graham, Haar, Herr, Hertel, Jeanneret, Kuhn, Lehman, Lehr, Miller, Powitzky, Stehle, Trampier, Waddell, Wells
Don't think my Herr is a match as the family is the maiden name of the second wife's mother of my husband's grandfather. To explain, the family lived in Germany. All we know is her name was Bertha Herr & she married Kasper Schaefer. Daughter Minnie came to the US and married Charles V. Barthels who lived in St. Louis, MO. They lived in St. Louis.

Jean

HEER/HAAR

Jean & Ron (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Haar, Herr, Gaubatz, Powitzky, Stehle
Hi,
Sorry on my previous Golaid Co. message I typed "HEER" instead of Haar. I think I was having a senior moment.
Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions