Search for content in message boards

Green Barrow

Green Barrow

Cherie Barrow McGee (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 9:41AM GMT
Green Barrow of GA (possibly Macon Co.) and Andalusia, AL before 1860; father of John G. Barrow who married Martha and whose son was Captain Willis Green Barrow. Willis Green Barrow was my great grandfather.

Green Barrow

Dennis Barrow (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 6:13AM GMT
DO YOU KNOW WHO FATHER OF GREEN WAS.
my RECORDS SHOW HIM TO BE BROTHER O
JOHN GRAY BORN 1800 IN GEORGIA.

here is info on Green Barrow

Posted: 11 May 2000 10:31AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2004 3:25PM GMT
Information comes from Annie Barow Williamson.. After the death of Green Barrow in Andalusia , covenington county, Alabama, his widow came by boat to Galveston, and later on to Houston, with her three children: Nancy Caroline ( called Annie), Julia Emily, and George Richard, and two older boys, sons of Green Barrow by former marriage.
Annie married Thomas Williamson, born in England. He ran a sawmill for Bering-Cortez in Polk county, Texas. The half brothers soon left Houston, and one settled near Wacco, Texas. Grandmother Annie often tried to locate them , but she was unable to do so.
Mr. Lazarus Lawford Barrow who lived in Kirbeyville, in Jasper county, Texas - says he was born in Brazos River near the old San Antonio crossing, and that his grandfather was Green Barrow of Alabama, and that Clyde Barrow was his nephews son. Does not know much about the older folks but two of the older brothers, Absolum and Green came to Galveston. Absolum married a widow woman in Galveston, a very rich woman, who had a large bunch of cattle, after the civil war , absolum took his cattle out west.It is said that Jay-Hawkers, robbers, or something ran into them on the way and that Absolum got killed.
I am als a Barrow and have extensive information on this family. This goes on speaking of other realtives.Please let me know if there is anyone else you may need info on, I am happy to help.
Desiree Meadows McIntosh

Green, Clyde, etc.

Cheryl Musick (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 9:21PM GMT
Hi, I am a Barrow, also. I have some information about Clyde, the infamous bandit's family and wondered where Green Barrow fits into it. My info says Clyde's father was Henry, Henry's father was James from AL, his father was also James, born 1815 in FL or AL When was Green born? Also, I wondered if you are a descendant of John Barrow, born 1643 and his wife Sarah Sutton? I am tring to find out who this John's father was and where he was from. Please email me at hmusic@freewwweb.com Thanks, Cheryl

Green Barrow/Barrow Ancestry

Belinda Moon (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 10:10AM GMT
I am doing research on Barrow ancestors and can trace back to Maj William Barrow b.2/1/1676 Oldbath,Perquimans,NC m. Elizabeth Elkes Cook-Richard Barrow Sr.b.1705
NC m. Mary (no Family name)b.1708-Rueben B Barrow b.1732 m. Milbre Green b.1755 GA-Absolum Barrow b.1779 Ga (no Wife's name)-Benjamin Barrow b.1805 Ga m.Celia Cobb b.1805 SC- Celia Barrow Ellis b.Feb1843 FL m. Wadkins W. Ellis b.Feb 1831 Al-James D.
Ellis b.7/28/1866 Fl. m. Martha Day Ellis b.
1867 TX-Houston H Ellis b.7/25/1906 TX m.Naomi Joyce Reasoner b.4/19/1906-Charlotte L Ellis b.1/4/32 m. William Connell b. 9/7/23 FL- Belinda J Moon b. 7/25/1948 Tx.
Can the names you mentioned were exact to some of the names I'm looking for. Can you fill in some of the blanks for me? If you have any info I would appreciate it. If I can help you plz contact me at joyce@moment.net. Thanks
Belinda Moon

Clyde Barrow's Father's Henry, Brothers and sisters.

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 11:14PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 11:11PM GMT
Do you know the names of the brother and sisters of Henry B. Barrow, Clydes father? If so would like there birth datesand places and the tear they died.

Thanks,

Jim W.

Clyde's siblings

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 6:27AM GMT

Hi, Jim, In a 1880 Grimes Co., Tx. census it shows Henry's father James as being 30 years old and born in Florida. It lists his children as James, 8, Frank, 6, Henry, 4, and Willie as two, it lists them being born in Alabama. They were living with James' brother Thomas Barrow, 25 years old, born in FL In a 1920 census, Henry's father James is listed as living in Navarro, County with a son named Hiram Frank Barrow. This must have been a son born later that the census mentioned above, though Henry is sometimes short for Hiram, I think they are different people, but not sure. It seems that Henry's father, James mostly lived with other family members listed as heads of household. Cheryl

Clyde's Father siblings

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 11:11PM GMT
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the information.

Just returned from the U.S. Archives after spending over four hours going through the indexes of Texas and Alabama.

Found Henry B. (H.B.) Barrow in the 1900 Census, Enumeration District (E.D.) 50, sheet 4, line 54. Hwas born in Alabama. That verifies what you have found out. He had two of his children Elvin-son ,born 1894; Artie-daughter born 1898.

I think that a lot of people with the Barrow name in the family mentions that they are related to Clyde Barrow. In my case, my Grandmother's maiden name is Mary Ann Barrow. She is supposed to be a sister of Henry. She was born in November of 1874. From the information that you have provided it does not look like it is possible for her to be Henry's sister.

Thanks again.

Jim

Barrows in Texas

Sue Killebrew (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 3:29PM GMT
My gmother's father was Simpson Edward Barrow supposedly born in White Rock, TX 1May 1858 and son of S. E. Barrow and Sarah Douglas. Married Dorcas Ann Shanks. He died 10 June 1920 and is buried in Hooks, TX Cem. Surely he had siblings. A son once said he had also lived in Memphis, TN. Any info? Thanks, Sue

Mary A. Barrow

Larry Barrows (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 6:15PM GMT
In my genealogy I show a Mary A. Barrow born 1867 in Kentucky, interested?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions