Search for content in message boards

Finch Families of Dixie

Finch Families of Dixie

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Finch
I am in possession of the genealogy book, "The Finch Families of Dixie /300 Years in the South" by Ruby Finch Thompson copyright 1972 336pgs Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 72 - 94379 (published by FINCH FAMILIES OF DIXIE, Arlington, Virginia) briefly covers Finches of England traced back to the Vikings (specifically the Normans, William I ie: William the Conqueror). The first Finches of Virginia (Sir Henry Finch, appointed to "Council" in 1630)... records begin in some detail from John Finch brought from England 1637. If there's anything I can look up for anyone, my email is RathboneMemorial@aol.com

Linda Finch

Re: Finch Families of Dixie

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FINCH,BACON,BURDICK,HARRISON AND HAZELTINE
I hope you can help me. I am looking for information about Eber or Eben Finch. He was from New York. He was born about 1804. He was in Wisconsin in 1853.His brothers were ship workers on Lake Champaign. Somehow he was connected to Moses Finch, but I do not know how. I have a lot of information after 1853 but nothing before that. If you can help me I will appreciate it.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 6:23AM GMT
I have a Finch book too! Mine is Finch and Ashley: American Frontiersmen, 1630-1977, and also starts with John Finch and the Winthrop Fleet. We are long lost relatives! I'd love to hear (or see) anything you have pre-Winthrop fleet.

Posted: 2 Aug 2010 3:26PM GMT
My ggg grandfather was Miles Finch of Spartanburg, SC, b 1834. I believe he died in the war.

re: Finch Families of Dixie - Look-up Request

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Finch, Gregory, Walker, Terrell
If someone has access to a copy of the "Finch Families of Dixie" and could look-up the details of the Finch will that is transcribed on p. 209 (includes text, "friend Wyatt Walker and my two sons William Terrell Finch and Henry Finch, executors") it will be greatly appreciated.

I am descended from a Finch (Edward?) and his second wife, Martha Terrell Gregory, of Charles City, Virgina and would appreciate this and any additional information regarding this Finch family that you may have.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Re: re: Finch Families of Dixie - Look-up Request

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 5:00AM GMT
I have the requested page 209 of Finch Families of Dixie scanned ready to attach to email and will send to anyone requesting same. Please email directly to me at RathboneMemorial@aol.com for prompt response.

My Pleasure,
Linda Finch
Attachments:

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 2:15PM GMT

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 7:29AM GMT
LINDA,
I STARTED WITH MY DAD AND WENT BACK FROM THERE. THIS FAMILY IS FROM MONTGOMERY CO. GA. I HAVE TRACED BACK TO HATTIE A. FINCH WIFE OF GEORGE FINCH DAUGHTER OF A.B. FINCH. GEORGE IS FROM NORTH CAROLINA. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY YOUR BOOK.

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: hainesworth/ainsworth, redmond.
Hi,
So sorry, but, the link you sent would not work for me so I approached this in a different way.
I need help with Sarah Finch and Thomas P. Hainesworth/Ainsworth. The period would be in late 1600's or mid 1700"s.
They are the parents of, my relative, ainsley ainsworth, which was married to George Washington Redmond, one of my grandfathers.
I have noticed, that they, moved from South Carolina, to Alabama, to Mississippi where they past away.
If you could help me find out more information about them I would so deeply appreciate it and, if you need, I will share what I have in my ancestry.

Thanking you so much for reading this email and I wish you a great day.
Pat

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 7:22PM GMT
I am trying to find anything I can on the Finch family from Montgomery Co. Ga.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions