Search for content in message boards

Eliza Allen of Sumner County, Tennessee

Eliza Allen of Sumner County, Tennessee

Jim Allen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 9:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: allen, houston
I am looking for a connection between Eliza and the Allen's of Houston and Galveston fame. She was briefly married to Sam Houston, her father's name was Colonel John Allen.

Re: Eliza Allen of Sumner County, Tennessee

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 5:52PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: allen
Jim,
The descendants of Rhody and Rhodum Allen have been told they are related to Eliza Allen, but I have not found the link. Rhody and Rhodum were both in Sumner county, TN and there are notes about Rhody in the minutes book of the Mt. Olive Baptist Church.
If you should find the link please contact me. Have you looked at her family's Bible? I have but could not determine a link.. Maybe you could. What line of Allens do you descend from? Theopolius?
Sandra raupfer

Jim Allen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 5:36AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: allen, chapman, houston
Sandra Raupfer,
Thank you for your reply. I am still back tracking from Texas. My oldest known relatives are Roland and Sarah (Chapman) Allen of Orrville, NY. One son born there in 1819, John Kirby Allen. Also from Canaseraga, NY, another son, Augustus Chapman Allen Born there in 1806. Four other brothers and a sister along with the parents joined A.C. and J.K. in Texas by 1837. I do not, as yet know the connection to Colonel John Allen and Eliza of Tennessee. Eliza married Sam Houston and Sam was later a neighbor of the Texas Allens after leaving Eliza...

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 11:53AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: allen, taylor
I have an Eliza Jane Allen b. 1821 in Tennessee; father - James Madison Allen b 1799 VA and mother - Jane H. taylor b. 1799 TN
Don't know if that will help- but...

Jim Allen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: allen, houston
Thank you, but I think my Eliza would have been a little older. She was 19 when she married Sam Houston. Her father's name was John.

Carolynn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 9:44AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:21AM GMT
Jim

Do you have the names of the 4 brothers and the sister of A.C. and J.K. in Houston. I have been looking for them

Carolynn

Jim Allen (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 10:35AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:42AM GMT
No, I'm sorry, I haven't tracked them down yet. Only a reference to their number and gender in the Handbook of Texas - online. Do you have any upline information about these Allen's in New York or Pennsylvania before coming to Texas?

Carolynn (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 8:48AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:43AM GMT
jJim Could you send me your email address What Allen Family line are you with. I am looking for the Allen family line that was in Travis Co. in 1865.

Carolynn

Jim Allen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 1:54PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:44AM GMT
e-mail address:
jiallen@na.cokecce.com

I believe my line was in Nacogdoches around that time. I'm very new at this and have yet to actually connect them to me, missing one generation. I think your people are Eliza's family and that is who I would like to connect to in NY or Penn. after I connect to A.C. and J.K. It's quite possible that my family historians have it entirely wrong and I will connect with the Austin family, but I don't think so.

Re: Eliza Allen of Sumner County, Tennessee - Augustus Allen's Sister

Posted: 22 Nov 2000 7:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2008 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: allen, born
Can you by any chance tell me the name of Augustus Allen's sister? There are some in my family that think she was Nancy M. Allen (5/7/1826) who married Samuel Green Born. Do you have any info?

Lana Nelson
LNELSON1@houston.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions