Search for content in message boards

Parsons Family of NC & TN

Parsons Family of NC & TN

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2004 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Parsons, Brown, Greer, Califax
Looking for decendants with ancestors info. of Parsons from Ashe, Co. NC or Mountain City Tn. There is a James Parsons still living in Mountain City Tn. Possible brother was Earl Brown Parsons Of ,NC. Earl died in 1990 in Norfolk, Va. Parents of Earl where Nineveh Califax Parsons and Mollie Beatrice Brown. Also a William Hardin Parsons married to a Cinthia Jacintha Greer. If you are In this line please e-mail me at CDunkleberger@aol.com

Re: Parsons Family of NC & TN

Carla Ayers (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2004 10:19PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2004 11:03AM GMT
Surnames: Parsons
Carol.. I am a direct desendant of this line and in fact am a grgranddaughter of John Roby Parsons (b 30 Mar 1871 in Trade, Johnson Co, Tn). His father was Henry M. Parsons (b. 13 Aug 1842 in Ashe Co, NC) who was the son of William Hardin Parsons (b approx 1806 in Ashe Co, NC). Williams father was George Parsons (b. bef 1780) whose father was Richard Parsons (b approx 1730 in Surry Co, NC). I have most of each one of their children's names as well as.
I know your related to Lura O. Parsons (b18 Nov 1893 in Mountain City, Tn). Her brother Marvin Matthew Parsons (b. 29 Oct 1904 in Mt City, Tn) was my grandfather. I also have the names of their 6 other siblings.
If you would like more information.. please feel free to email me. Carla

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2004 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2004 4:01PM GMT
Carla
We have lots in common e-mail me please. My ggfather was Andy Parsons

paul parsons (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2005 8:37AM GMT
hello, im looking for information regarding my father. my mother and my father separated(were never married) when i was very young. his name was richard parsons, was supposed to be born in TN. he lived in califonia somewhere in the Corona, Cal. area. in 1970's. give me an e-mail if you have any ideas on a connection.

Re: Lowery Parsons in NC/TN

Glenn Beck (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2006 1:09AM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2006 3:57AM GMT
Do you have any information on Lowery Parsons born in Ashe co, North Carolina? They moved to Hawkins co. Tennessee between the 1880 census of Ashe Co. and show up in the 1900 census in Tennessee. He was my gggrandfather.
thanks

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2006 3:03PM GMT
Hi Glenn,
I do not have Lowery in my line sorry. I am enclosing some links in case you do not have them to the Parsons. Hope they are of some help to you. Also in the My Family.com there is a Parsons Web page from all of us. You will have to subscribe no cost. If you have problems there let me know I will send you and invite.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bmcv/home.html

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncashe/

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 11:57PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2013 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: PARSONS, HARDIN
I am researching Robert Hamilton Parsons, b 1829 near Burnsville NC. I wonder what other children Geo Parsons and Sara Hardin had??? Could Robert be one of their children?

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: Parsons, Covington, Nelms
There was a Robert H. Parsons, probably born between 1810 & 1820 in NC. He was the son of Vincent Parsons & Mary "Nancy" Burton Covington. This Robert signed his will in Anson County on 28 Aug 1844 and died in March 1845. Evidently he never married. His will mentioned a sister Sarah (Parsons) Nelms and a brother Vincent Parsons.

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2013 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON, VICK
My Robert Hamilton was born in May 1929, near Burnsville NC. He fought in the civil war and died in Nov, 1901 in Whitfield County GA. I cannot seem to link him to any specific family. He had a brother Campbell b abt 1824, Martin b abt 1826, John b abt 1832 and a sister Mary Ann b abt 1842 and a sister Sara b. 1860 His first wife was Mary Ann [they called her Polly] Thompson, she died while he was at war I believe after giving birth to Sara and Sara must have died also. Then he married Rhoda Vick [abt 1861].
Thanks for your help. If you ever run across any information you think might help, I would appreciate your input.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2013 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: PARSONS, BRIGGS, FEATHERS
John Roby Parsons is my grgrandfather. My grandfather was Henry Harrison Parsons. My faher was Clifford Lee Hayes Parsons. I seem to be confused in my research between the Richard Parsons who married Lydia Briggs and the Richard Parsons that married Elizabeth Feathers. It seems to me that alot of the imformation on each has been interwined with the other. Can you shed a light on it for me? I'm trying to figure out which one is my direct desendant.
I remember my grandfather talking about Marvin Parsons and I have pictures of him and my grandfather Henry.
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions