Search for content in message boards

Family History

Family History

Suzanne Jefferis (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Darlington, Jefferis, Sterrett, Buffington
Any information on these would be appreciated. I have information on all of these families to share, please contact me at SuzanneJef@aol.com
Suzanne Jefferis

Jefferis

Dennis Hansen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Frescoln, Woodward, Jefferis, Chalfant
I am researching the Jefferis family from Chester Co. PA
My 2g grandmother was Mary Ann Jefferis b. 1815 d. 1865.
She married John Y. Woodward. They had a daughter Jane Chalfant Woodward
who married Rev. Leonard Frescoln.

Family History

Daniel W. Jefferis, IV (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jefferis
lOOKING FOR THE EARLIEST NOTATION OF THE JEFFERIS FAMILY

Robert Jefferis

Edgar Jefferis (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Dear Daniel:
The earliest record I have of the Jefferis of Chester County is Robert Jefferis born in England in 1656, died in East Bradford, Chester County, PA on April 4, 1739. He married Jane Chandler daughter of George and Jane with whom he had 11 children. After Jane's death he married Anne Archer in 1729, They had one child. There is a great deal of information available on Robert as well as his decendents in the Chester County Historical Society. I have fairly extensive records of my ancesters and their decendents. I am a decendent of Robert's son Benjamin.
Feel free to contact me if I can be of help.

Ed Jefferis
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: jeffers, jefferis
I am related to robert Jefferis and Jane Chandler through son William, William, William, william, William, , James, Joseph, Jake, Robert.

Name now used is Jeffers.

Any info appreciated.

Robert Jefferis

Ed Jefferis (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Dear D. Jefferis Martin:
I have a great deal of information about Robert Jeferis's decendents through my grandchild's generation if you are interested. My line is Robert, Benjamin, James, Abraham, Pusey, Jesse Pusey, Jesse, Earl and me. I also have several articles which I got from the Chester County Historical Society. Let me know if you would like any of this information. Ed Jefferis
Posted: 23 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 2:04AM GMT
Dear Ed:

I would love to have any info that you would have to share on the Jefferis/Jeffers family.

Thanks ahead of time.

D. Jeffers Martin

Distant Cousin Greetings

elizabeth maudlin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Ed,
Just looking for info on Harry surname and ran into your message. I have Jefferis in my ancestors by Charity Jefferis Evans A widow who married John Cope of Bradford in Chester Co. Pa. She was the daughter of Robert and Jane Jefferis. I have the actual hand written marriage certificate for their marriage.I have no information on the Jefferis, but thought it was neat to run into a distant cousin, so I wanted to say hello. My line went to MD. through the Copes and Pyles. So hello and happy hunting.

Jefferis

Daniel Jefferi (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am related to Robert Jefferis through James, Emmor Sr, and Emmor Jr. I was born and raised in Oakland California. I now live in Idaho and would like to come out soon to Chester and do some research. Send any infor you can.

Dan Jefferis
email jefferis@d91.k12.id.us
Or P.O. Box 194

Firth, Idaho 83236

query

Joan Napoli (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BUFFINGTON
My ggrandfather was John Buffington. In the 1850 census for Chester County he was listed as 16 yrs old & living with his parents. He later married Catherine Beecher/Becher & my ggrandmother was born to them in 1861 in Coatesville Pa. Chester County. Any info. on this line of Buffingtons would be greatly appreciated. i think they may have moved into Phila after my ggrandmother was born. My ggrandmother's name was Mary Emma & I was told that her father John was a minister. Do not know the denomination. Maybe Methodist. Thanks in advance for any trouble. Joan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions