Search for content in message boards

Figueroa's that has changed thier names

Figueroa's that has changed thier names

Dennis Figgeroa (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 10:31PM GMT
I am trying this again. I am looking for any figueroa's that lived in Maui, HI. Until 1948 they spelled their name with a "U". I am looking for any information to anyone related to a Raymond Figueroa or Minnie Figueroa. They adopted their grandsons which Raymond Figueroa changed their names to figgeroa with a "G". I am trying to put my family tree together but don't know who Raymond or Minnie were related. Family refuses to speak about anyone on this side of the family. I know I have aunts and uncles in HI and WA but don't know thier names. I think my fathers birth mother who is the daughter of Raymond and Minnie is in Washington(STATE)with other Figueroa's or Figgeroa's. PLEASE HELP. FILL IN MY BLANK SPOTS. Would like to know who I am related to.

re dennis

Posted: 16 Mar 2001 3:58PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 11:46PM GMT
dennis. Is there any possibility your Figueroas could have originated in Jamaica. There was a large Spanish population in Jamaica and I believe the Figueroas went to Jamaica via Colombia. The Jamaicain Figueroas were originally jewellers and watchmakers, contact me at tfiggytoo@yahoo.com. There was a Dennis Figueroa living in Toronto Canada

Re: Figueroa's that has changed thier names

Kim Hemingway (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2002 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I my be of some help, I am the granddaughter of George Figgeroa who I beleive is the brother to Raymond Figgeroa. My grandfather was born on maui and has a twin If its Raymond I am not sure I am going to ask my Mom who Is Judy Figgeroa Krueger to see If I can find out, But i know for sure we re related to Raymond Figgeroa.
Please Contact me
Kim

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Figgeroa
To all the Figgeroa's trying to figure out their background. Nickname Lani
I am the sister of Dennis Raymond Figgeroa Junior, Daughter of Dennis Figgeroa and Consuelo Eclavea(Guam, USA) adopted by His grandparents Raymond and Minnie Figgeroa in Maui, Hw. Hope We Find You ALL!! Lets all get the story straight on why our last name was changed.. If you know why let me know. We need to add two to the list of FIGGEROA's
Anissa and Kaela.

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Figueroa,Figgeroa
Hi,
Am a granddaugther is George Figgeroa who was born on Maui, and had or has a twin brother, am trying to find out information too, so If you can help I will help also in anyway possible, but the story I got was my grandfather dad changed the spelling way back in the late 1800's.

Melanie (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2003 7:49PM GMT
I know you said your grandfather had a twin brother named raymond. Do you know what happened to them? Did they seperate or did both stay in Hawaii. They say we are puerto ricans. I was raised on the island of Guam by my mother. So I do not really know too much about that either except for talks with my father. I have never met my great-grandparents which are Raymond and Minnie Figgeroa. My brother and I have one picture of both of them that was taken in 1974.

It seems one of their daughters' I believe her name was Sophia had a child at a young age not married of course which is my father Dennis Figgeroa. Who in turn was raised by his grandparents. That daughter was said to have moved to Washington and started her family once again. My father had a hard life. I have a strong sense he was not appreciated a great deal in that household. He really does not speak much of our family. So my brother and I are trying to trace so part of our tree for our children. Also we would like to find out the story on why our last name was changed. How many people have questioned "Are you sure your last name is spelled correctly" or they automatically change it to figueroa.
Thanks for responding. Hope you can tell me the story of why and who changed or name when and where.

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:35AM GMT
Hi,
Well as far as the name changed am 100% that is how they spelled it , we have 3 generations of figgeroa's already. My grandfather waqs born in hawaii, and yes we are puerto rican
as for much more I amn ot sure the rest, I know my grandfather had cousins in Hayward calif withthe last name quinnoes and he had a sister name Helen, and a twin brother which i beleive was named raymond.
If there is a way you can send a copy of the picture with the next email I can see If there is any family resemblance.
Hopefully we can find out more to help the both of us.

Posted: 5 Jan 2009 6:31AM GMT
I can help with some of this family tree. i dont know if anyone is still following this post but if so you can email me at efiggeroa@gmail.com The way the story was told to me the name change started with a fued between these two brothers.

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Figgeroa
Hi, my name is Janet Casto (Figgeroa) and I am the daughter of Robert Figgeroa of Hayward, CA, who's father was Santos Figgeroa. I've started putting together my family tree and found your post. I would love to hear about my Figgeroa ancestry, by all the replies i believe we are related.

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Figueroa
I would suppose that the change in spell had to do with the way it's suppose to sound the lastname when pronounce. It's very likely that your Figueroa's are descent from Puerto Rico. I have always been told that they were two families of Figueroa's that moved into the island from Spain. One remained on the north part and the other on the south. There were some hurricanes that passed by the island and due to lack of work, many Puertorricans were force to move most likely to Dominican Republic and Hawaii. But we do come from this two families.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions