Search for content in message boards

Easter Family originally from Davidson Co. NC

Easter Family originally from Davidson Co. NC

Daniel Michael Easter, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 11:05PM GMT
I am researching the entire Easter family from NC. I am a direct descendant of Michel Oster (as it was spelled upon Samuel Corbin's Militia list) it appears he had a brother named Peter Oster who originally settled in an area then known as Leepers Creek named after anothersettler who had the land rights across the creek. I have no furthur information on Peter. Michael Easter (as he now spelled it) married a Julianna _____? They had 8 children, Michael II born 1760, Peter, Elizabeth, Catherine, Rebecka, George, Henry, and John. Michael II married Barbara Essigs in the Old Pilgrim Meeting House near Lexington. They had 9 children. Michael III, Caty, David, John, Barbara, Peter, Elizabeth, Levi, and Henry. David Easter married Susannah Stockner and moved the family to Carroll Co., VA in 1827 or 1828. They had 11 children Daniel, David Jr., Katie, Michael, Levi, John, Peter, Elizabeth, Christian, and William. Christian married Purnetta Jane Hall and had 6 children after fighting in the Civil War. Their children were LaFayette M., William Sanders, Lola Louise, John Walter, Ella Belle, and Katie Mae. William Sanders married Emma Spraker and had 8 children all in Carrol Co. Their children are Kelley Easter, Beulah, Nettie, Sherman Otho, Berth Eulala, Izetta Evelyn, Leola, and Ward Christian. Sherman Otho was my grandfather and he married Sarah Crowder, they had 8 children and these are my aunts and uncles.
My main interest is the movement of these children of Michael I and II, where they went, who stayed? What ever became of Peter, did he have a family? What of their family before? Who were the Oster's? Diod they come from Germany, Austria, or Holland? There are alot of questions out there and by reading other posts the answers are oot there. Please do not hesitate to respond, I would love to hear from any, And I mean any, of you. I always wondered why my grandfather left home at the age of 14 after his father died. He is reported to have went to MO, perhaps this was not by chance, he may have known that he had family there from the posts a possibility that it was Henry Easter's family. I would love to know what happened to any of the Easter descendants. I have other info, perhaps I could help one of you. Thank-you all in advance.

Information on Jacob and/or Chester

Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 4:18AM GMT
You have alot of information on Easters. I am looking for information on Jacob and/or Chester Franklin Easter. Chester was affiliated with YMCA in Idaho later became a chiropractor. Married Minerva and had son Donald. Are any of these names familiar. I can't find where they originated. Thanks much

Michael and Peter Easter of NC

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2006 8:34PM GMT
The older Peter and Michael Oster probably came from the Frederick County, Maryland area, as a large number of German speaking families came from the area into Rowan County, NC. Actually, Samuel Cobrins militia list of ca 1753 (Anson Co, NC) spells the name as Oyster. At that time Peter Oyster is married, and Michael Oyster is a single man. Land transactions indicate that Michael and Julianna Oyster/Oster/Easter moved east of the Catawba by 1763. Michael Oster and wife Julianna, who anglicized their name to Michael Easter and Julianna had Peter Easter who married Elender (maiden unknown) and removed to Roane Co, Tn. His will is probated in Rhea County, Tennessee. Children of Peter and Elender Easter include: Joseph born in 1792 Randolph Co, NC (married Mary Smith, second Lucretia Evans); Peter Easter born 1795 married Margaret Tate; Eleanor Easter born 1808 NC married Christopher Wood in Roane Co, TN; Jonathan Easter; Solomon Easter born ca 1809 married Nancy Smally; David Madison Easter born 1813 NC married Fanny Slagel. I descend from Eleanor Easter Wood, through her oldest son Solomon Wood.
More information on the Easters can be gleaned from an article entitled "Peter Easter" in Vol II of the HERITAGE OF RANDOLPH COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA (1999).
Should others have info on Easter/Oster connections to Frederick County, Maryland, please let me know.
David Travillion Bunton
613 South Commerce Ave
Russellville, AR 72801

The Easter Family

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 3:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:04PM GMT
I only found this message board today and have already found the postings of immense help in trying to trace the line of my sister-in-law, who is a granddaughter of Emma Spraker Easter and William Sanders Easter of Carroll Co.,VA. I do have more info on some of the family members after they moved to VA from NC, including some interesting anecdotal info about where they worked, burial sites, etc. Let me know if I
can help. Feel free to e-mail me at elcymoo@aol.com.

Re: Easter Family originally from Davidson Co. NC

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Allen,Beane Clemith,Easter,Foust,hauser,Hunt
I am also related to these Easters. My grandfather was John Albert Easter,born August 27, 1860 to Henry and Catherine Whirlow Easter. He married Mary Matilda Hunt,born Jan.05,1856,daughter of Daniel Hunt. They married Davidson Co.Feb.01,1881 Their five children were---
Fred Walter,born Nov.20,1881,married 1-Mary Clemith,2-Dora Foust
Minnie,born Sept. 18, 1883,married Thomas Hauser
Early Hamilton,born Jan.04,1890,married Dora Parks
Sarah Addie,born Nov.09,1892(this is my mother),married Elisha Allen
Lillie May,born March 03,1887,married Lindsay Arthur Beane
John Albert and Mary Easter are buried in Lexington City Cemetery,Lexington,NC.
Hope this info is helpful.
jphoneycutt@lexcominc.net

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 2:20AM GMT
I am a descent of Michael Easter I
My great-grandparents were John Albert & Mary Matilda ( Hunt ) Easter. My grandparents were Fred Walter & Mary Lou ( Clement ) Easter. (daughter of Charles Clement ).
Michael & Peter Easter came to America by way of Holland, although they were possibly from the Rhine section of Germany. They settled first in South Carolina perhaps after arriving through the Port of Charleston. The South Carolina Archives in Columbia, SC have records of both Michael and Peter owning land in Craven Co. SC bordering the Broad River. These records show that they both were living in SC as late as 1776. They came to Rowan Co. in 1777 ( in the section that later became Davidson Co.) because tax records show both Peter & Michael owned land at that time. Later records show that Peter transferred his land to MIchael and that was the last heard of Peter in NC. He possibly moved to another area.
Michael Easter III , son of Michael II and Barbara Essigs was born in Davidson Co. in 1794. He served in the military in the 4th Regiment of Rowan Co. under the leadership of Capt. Moses Welborn. He married Catherin Bolebaugh August, 1815. In 1839 he sold his Davidson Co.land to his brother Levi. Records show he and his family were living in Stokes Co .NC in 1840 in the Salem district and later moved to Carroll Co. Virginia near his brother David. Michael III and his sons appeared on the Personal Property tax list of Carroll Co. Va. for the last time in 1857. By deed dated May 18, 1857 he sold his Virginia land and moved to Mississippi Co. Missouri.
He died in Missouri sometime before 1870. His wife Catherine died in Missouri Dec. 7, 1877.
Michael III & Catherine Bolebaugh Easter's children were:
David, Lewis Catherine, Barbara, Elizabeth, Michael IV, Susan, Peter & Jacob.
I have information on these children if anyone is interested.

Tammy Easter (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2002 7:08AM GMT
Surnames: Easter, Oster
Daniel, Hey there! I am one of the Easter's from the Michael Easter line. Drop me a line and let's see if maybe we can help each other. Email is tnvolgal01@hotmail.com

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Easter
I have a Philip Easter born abt 1824 in NC and migrated to Greenfield TWP (Orange Co), Indiana where he married first Sarah Young on 30 Jan 1839, 2nd Catharine Throop on 21 Apr 1859, and 3rd Mary Holsclaw on 16 Sep 1864. Philip died 14 Mar 1882 in Orange Co, Indiana. Does this Philip connect to any ones NC Easter line ?

Thanks
Carol Sturman
sturmancarol@bellsouth.net

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Easter
Sorry, Philip was born abt 1814 NOT 1824.

Posted: 2 Jan 2004 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Allen,Easter, Honeycutt
I was looking back over Easter board and low and behold-found some of my relatives. My mother was "Aunt Addie Allen. Her parents were John Albert and Mary Matilda Hunt Easter. My daddy was Elisha Allen. I have info about the Easter Family. Marie Hinson a local lady here in Lexington,a member of Genealogical Society,was researching some family and found all this info about Easters. She was in Va. at time. She and my brother, Cleo belonged to same camping club, so she gave him the info. Walter Easter was a brother to my mother. About all of my immediate family have passed away. Daddy died 1946, Mom passed January 08, 1971,J.D. died March 28, 1993, Doug died February 13, 1994, Almeeta died March 15, 2001, and Pauline died July 30, 2003. only ones left are Cleo is 84 and partially disabled- in in a wheelchair about all time. Libby is doing ok now but she was quite ill for a while. I am doing ok. Have trouble with arthritis in my left hand- the one I write with and use all time. I am baby of family and turned 69 December 18.
Where do you live now? I know your family used to live in Trinity didn't they?
I have been trying to trace Allen tree- mom always said Daddy didn't talk about his family. I have found some ancestors by way of a new found distant cousin in Rockingham Co
talk to you later. Pat Allen Honeycutt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions