Search for content in message boards

CODY, SPRUHAN, HICKEY

CODY, SPRUHAN, HICKEY

Pat Graham (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CODY, SPRUHAN, HICKEY
Researching family of Thomas Spruhan who married Mary
Cody about 1780 in parish of Thomastown, Kilkenny. Were pf Columbkille. Children Walter, Patrick, Thomas. Honora.
Honora married Michael Hickey in Thomastown in 1819. Lived in Gowran in late 1820s.

Spruhan family

Cheryl Larsen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spruhan
I am doing a family search on the Spruhan family. My Grandmother Shammall was a Spruhan and her father's name was John Spruhen. John Spruhan and James Spruhan were born in Kilkenny Ireland and came to South Australia on HMS"Nugget" in 1858. I have had not much luck so far but I got that information from the genealogy society in South australia. If you know any more it would be appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you. James Spruhan was born 1841 and John Spruhan was born 1837. I hope this information is of some help to you.

Kind Regards

Cheryl Larsen

Spruhan

Pat Graham (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spruhan
Hello Cheryl, Delighted to get your posting. I have been collecting Spruhan names and have a few hundred of them mostly from Thomastown and Gowran parishes. Sadly I don't have your John and James. A look at the new CD index for
Griffiths Valuations will give you all the Kilkenny parishes where the name is listed.

The Kilkenny Archeological Society, Rothe House, Kilkenny will do a search for you at a cost of 50 Irish punts. I visited them in July looking for my Byrnes and was made most welcome by Mary Flood there.

I would be very pleased to receive full details of all your Spruhan relatives to add to the database; I do have a few names from the SA CD of births. It could help me to answer other queries that come my way.

Please feel free to write direct if I can help you further.
Regards, Pat

Spruhan family

Cheryl larsen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spran family
I am looking for any informaion on a John and James Spruhan who were born in county Kilkenny Ireland in the early 1800's and went to South Australia in 1858 on the ship HMS"Nugget" Any information you can find will be mostly appreciated

Thanking you
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: SPRUHAN, FLYNN, CURNYN
I have found a reference to the 1919 death of a Mary C. SPRUHAN in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. My paternal grandmother, Mary FLYNN SPRINGTHORPE (b. Ballinamore, Co. Leitrim), is listed as kin, but I have no further information on the family ties. Does anyone have information regarding the SPRUHAN family in Rhode Island, USA?

Re: Spruhan

Pat Graham (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2004 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: SPRUHAN/HICKEY/DOOLEY/BYRNE/CRENNAN
re 1919 death of Mary Spruhan. The Spruhan name is peculiarly a Kilkenny name. I am descended from an Honora Spruhan, some of whose family emigrated to Australia, but her brother Edward married in Nova Scotia in 1829; no further trace found. Some Spruhans emigrated to New York in the 19th c, so Mary could have descended from any of several Spruhans, or have married one. Sorry I can't be of more help. Pat

Re: Spruhan family

Fay Clark (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2006 5:21AM GMT
I have found a website containing all the information you may require.

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 2:55PM GMT
Hi Pat-
My grandmother was Henrietta Spruhan. She married my grandfather George Kellogg Hess, Sr. Do you have information about my grandmother?

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Spruhan, Hess, Nemoyer
Your grandma was my grandma sister so could you please contact me.

Re: Spruhan family

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 5:56PM GMT
Hi Cheryl.. I know its a long time since you posted your request regarding the Spruhan Name. My name is Mary Spruhan, I live approx 15 miles from where the original Kilkenny Spruhan's came from. I know there are Spruhan's in NSW whom I've meet that are from the same family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions