Search for content in message boards

The Greene Co TN ancestors of my Bowlin Family

The Greene Co TN ancestors of my Bowlin Family

Posted: 28 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Bowlin, Bumgarner, Ellis, Holly, Jones, Mays, Miller, Phillips, Pickering, Smith, Linebaugh, Marsh, Woolsey
In my search for The Moodys and Bowlins I have found many other families in our Tree. These families include Bumgarner, Ellis, Holly, Jones, Mays, Miller, Phillips, Pickering, Robertson, Smith, Linebaugh, Marsh, and Woolsey. Many of these early families were pioners settling in unknown lands after the Revolutionary War. There are family outlines and group sheets at my web site, in the owlin Moody Book

Re: The Greene Co TN ancestors of my Bowlin Family

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Jones Hawkins TN/N Carolina
You posted this long long time ago. I am looking for Linebaugh in Greene Co TN married James A and then his brother Riley Jones. Her name is Malinda Elizabeth Linebaugh 1825. I am trying to confirmm her parents, believe them to be Samuel and Nancy Unknown. James and Riley also have a brother WIlliam who married a Christina Linebaugh 1838, can not guess on her parents. Any help would be great. also if the Jones' you have are from the Daniel Jones decendents would appriciate knowing who Robert Daniels son and Daniels true children are. Thank you.

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Linebaugh, Jones
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=nancc&a...
this is my current listing on RootsWeb.
Samuel Linebaugh has a sister Malinda. I have 3 unnamed daughters Samuel and Nancy Unknown had listed in the 1840 Greene Co. TN Census. They were all out of the house by the 1850 . I will check my resources for anything else. I have a Riley Jones that descends from a well researched line. A group of Jones researchers of about 12 have traced this family.

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 10:05PM GMT
Riley is James A Jones brother, James being married to Malinda Linebaugh and dying in the Civil and Buried at Anderson Prison, GA. Malinda and Christina Linebaugh were the mysteries, who their parents were, I was told once Daniel was Malinda's father, then found where Samuel and his wife Nancy unknown had a daughter about 1824.Melinda is 1828.Appreciate your help.

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Linebaugh Jones
Does Christina age fit Samuel and Nancy's other daughters?

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 6:23AM GMT
Surnames: Lindbaugh
I have yr of birth 1838, I thought of that connection too. I also wondered perhaps a niece. But that didn't really fit either.

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: BOWLIN - REESE
CHARLES A. BOWLIN & MARY E. REESE

I am seeking information on Mary E. Reese, who married Charles A. Bowlin on 30 Sept. 1897.
in Union County, Illinois.

If either of them are on anyone's list, any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ray Reese
Spindazzled@aol.com

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Bowlin
I have a Charles born in 1892 he is listed still in Greene Co. TN in 1910. I have never found the parents or siblings of Asa Bowlin. Asa is the grandfather of Charles b.1892. Exact parents of Charles are also unknown
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions