Search for content in message boards

Baileys in Jamaica, West Indies

Baileys in Jamaica, West Indies

Nadine (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 5:07PM GMT
I am looking for Baileys who were born in Jamaica (West Indies) and who may still live there or have moved to the United States.

Re: Baileys in Jamaica, West Indies

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 2:58AM GMT
My father was born in Manchester, Jamaica and migrated to the US in 1930.

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
If this is still active, contact me!
Traci

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 1:53AM GMT
Hello
Traci I am HIGHLY interested in Bailey Family of Jamaica....
Now did they come from Spanish Town, Jamaica as Slaves or indigenous to Jamaica or both. Whatever you hav I am interested.
my contact info is 706-549-4154
706-207-1886

r_heartilly@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 11:22PM GMT
I am a Bailey from Spanishtown originally. I was adopted at 4 years old. My mother was/is East Indian--named Chunie. My Father was a Bailey who passed in late 60's or early 70's. I have brothers and sisters named Sonny Boy, Cynthie, and Trevor. I have not been able to find anyone. My parent's used to work at Don Parchments bissey factory.

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 11:45PM GMT
sO BY BLOOD YOU ARE A BAILEY SO DO YOU KNOW IF THEY MOVED TO MOBILE, al OR ANNISTON, AL ? ALSO A FULTON BAILEY OF LATE 1800'S WHO MOVED HIS FAMILY FROM THERE TO PERSUE HIGHER DUCATION

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 5:35PM GMT
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Baileys at all. My Father passsed away shortly after I was adopted. But he too wanted me to have a higher education than he could have provided. I wish that I could find just 1 sibling.

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 10:41AM GMT
Surnames: Bailey
Unfortunately I do not know anything about the lives of the Baileys outside of the US. My great grandfather and his brother settled in Philadelphia at the turn of last century.

Does this sound familiar?

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 2:04PM GMT
The only thing I can tell you is that I am related to the Bailey's of the following areas Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Chicago(Illinois), Washington,and Pittsburgh(Pennsylvania)

My great great great grandfather is Fulten(Fulton) Bailey and he had three three kids
Jordan Bailey
Lizzie Bailey
James Bailey

Jordan Bailey and Henrietta Williams
Had
Ella Lee Bailey (My great grandmother)
and an unknown boy Bailey (Do not know what happened to him)

Jordan was married to a Liza Floyd before Henrietta
(Do Not know if they had any kids probably did)

He remarried after Henrietta fell ill and died about 1909.

To a Lula Kemp
They had two or maybe one females(duaghters and possible ggranddaughter)
Dorothy Bailey
Virginia Bailey

James Bailey and Mary J. Young
had 12 kids
they all scattered to the four winds of the United States
Lilly Bailey
George Bailey
Hixie Bailey
Anna May Bailey
Tommy Lee Bailey
Fred Bailey
James Bailey Jr.
Belle Bailey
Sarah Bailey
Willie Bailey
Inola Bailey
Alberta Bailey
Robert James (Bob) Bailey

As far as Lizzie Bailey we think she settled into Pittsburgh and Philadelphia Area (I dont know)
That is all I know hope maybe this helps you because what you've given me is a place and there are and may be Bailey's in the PA area that are related to me Daryl Bailey is supposed to be in that area a nephew of the last child of 12 kids. (Yes my Bailey's are Black)
Thanks,
Shamuel Abraham

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Bailey
Unfortunately I do not see any connection. My great grandfather was Vivian Bailey and he immigrated to Philadelphia, became a dentist married and had a daughter and a son. His brother Wellesly Bailey also immigrated to Philadelphia and became a doctor. He married, but I do not know about kids. I do not have any information about the other states you name.

If there is a connection, it is probably in Jamaica. Do you have any general information about the Baileys in the West Indies?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions