Surnames: BARRETT
William BARRETT married Nancy BERRY in 1825

What happened to them?

Barrett Bery

john brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARRETT
Thank you!!!! Thought my Barretts might be from Pickens but NO...

Barrett

Utchika (View posts)
Surnames: Barrett, Caradine
Interested in the Barretts and Caradines of South Carolina, Georgia and Mississippi

Nancy Berry Barrett

Edited: 25 Nov 2002 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: BERRY, BARRETT
Per Bill Daniel, PO Box 6958, Mobile, AL 36660, dated 13Aug1992, Nancy Berry married William Barrett 12 Oct 1825 in Tuscaloosa County, AL; she died after 1870 probably in Pickens, AL; buried probably at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church Cemetery near Gordo, Pickens, AL. Nancy was the daughter of William Berry and sister to Gideon Berry, my third great grandfather.

Barretts, SC, AL, GA,

Linda Stancil (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barrett
I am looking for information on John Barrett from South Carolina. He had a son named Jacob Manual born Nov. 1850 in SC , a daughter named Susan born 1838 or 1840 ( there may have been other children. Jacob married Elizabeth Meadows born in AL ( Coosa County).The Meadows and Vessell family may have lived in Pickens CO at one time. They moved to Gorden County GA this may be where Jacob and Elizabeth married. In the 1880 census it has there ages off by 2 years but it is deffently the same people. There children listed at that time were William Manual, Nancy ( Nannie) George M. and Elias Green . Also living with them is Susan Barrett Elders listed as Jacob's sister 40 years old born SC and Dicy Kay or Kay Dicy relationship unkown age 54 born SC. Jacob moved his family to Polk CO GA where my great grandfather Jake was born. All the family except Jake are buried in POlk CO. Jake married Lula Dooley and moved to Cullman CO AL. Any information would be Appreciated.

Barretts

Hayes Lowe (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

Here are the Barretts that I have who were in companies formed in Pickens Co. during the Civil War:

BARRETT, Francis M. [Frank] (Resident of Pickens Co. Born about 1833.)
BARRETT, Gideon Linthicum (Born 1/11/1835. Resident of Pickens Co. Died 6/5/1904.)
BARRETT, William Reubin (Born in June 1840. Resident of Gordo. Alive on 12/8/1897.)
BARRETT, Henry R.
and
SIMS, William G. married BARRETT, Nancy Ophelia

Re: BARRETT BERRY 1825

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 1:37AM GMT
Hello, I am working on the family of BENJAMIN GILPIN or GIBSON of FAYETTE CO. & HENRY CO. ALA. I note your BARRETT FAMILY , can you tie back into JONATHAN BARRETT & wife MARGARET GILPIN / GIBSON ? She was the sister of this BENJAMIN . This family will work back into the LUCKETT / LOCKETT / LOCKHART FAMILY that married into the OSBORNES . See WARREN CO. GA. on all, as well
as the FAMILY of MARY LUCKETT GIBSON . BENJAMIN will be lost to all that do not go back into the records of HENRY CO. ALA. & read his land papers & note the true spelling of his last name. I an of JOHN GIBSON / GIPSON &
wife KITSEY JONES GIPSON ( see 1850 census of HENRY CO. ALA. ) into HANCOCK CO. MS. Thank you for your time.
KAREN , KKYDEE2@JUNO.COM

Re: Barretts, SC, AL, GA,

Posted: 14 Apr 2007 8:45PM GMT
I have information about Nannie Barrett.

Annette Spinks
lspinks@catt.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions