Search for content in message boards

ancestors

ancestors

Holly Wikoff (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pokorney, Jedlicka

searching for any info on Joseph Pokorney b. Dec. 30, 1855 in Dobriev, Bohemia. d Oct. 25, 1946 buried in Gebo, Mont. Married Meri Jedlicka June 1881. she was born Sept.3,1862 in Dobriev, Bohemia, died Nov. 25,1925 in Fromberg, Mont.bured nov 23 in Gebo, Mont he came to U.S.A. in July 1881 she joined him a year later settled in New Jersey, Penn. then Iowa. In 1884 then to Red Lodge Mont. then Fromberg, Mont in 1887 where tey homestaded. They had 10 children..Frank Henry, Emma, Anna, Stepa Nellie, Joe, Rose, Margretta Harriet, James William, Zana (Genevieve) Agnes and Elsie Lucilla. Anna was my great grandmother married James Simon Miller Feb. 14, 1903. Any additional information would be great!

Pokorney/Jedlicka

Tony Buzzetti (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pokorney
Hello Holly: Saw your message on the Bohemia index. I spell the surnames Pokarney and Yedlicka. My grandmother was Emma, the sister of your great-grandmother Anna. Sounds like you have the Agnes Skurdal article. My Dad at 91 and Aunt Irene at 92 are the only surviving issue of Emma (Sally) and Antone Buzzetti. I am in contact with daughters of Elsie. I have a copy of the Fromberg paper obituary of Joseph from 1946. Also, some pictures of myself with him when I was a young'un! Also a picture of great-grandmother Mary at a WWI
sewing bee. Are we cousins? Callme days at803-737-9578 or e-mail me. Do you have the family recipe for Kolacci(sp)??
Let me know if you want copies of pics or obit. This is a great hobby - let me know you receive this? Best regards, Tony Buzzetti

contact with Pokarney relatives

Joan Andersen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
I live near Fromberg and the Gebo cemetery where James Pokarney and wife are buried.

Re: contact with Pokarney relatives

Tamara Pokarney-Andrae (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 6:22PM GMT
I am a Pokarney from central Illinois. My grandfather was Robert T. Pokarney from East Peoria and his father was Michael Pokarney from Forrest, IL. His family was from St. Louis. I know that we are related to Pokorney's also and that the family originally came from Europe. My father was always told that we were Polish. I'd love to know the actual story of where my family came from. Thanks for any information.

Posted: 4 May 2009 3:51AM GMT
You are NOT Polish. You are Austrian Czech. There was a large family of Pokarney's (Pokorny's) in Fromberg, Montana. My father, William James was a son of one of these first, pioneering wonderful people in this state. My grandfather, Joseph John Pokarney was the first white male child born in Carbon County Montana. I can tell you much more about the family with great pride. My daughter has also done great research into our family and the name Pokarney is like Smith here. Very common. My father's family changed it from Pokorny to Pokarney...but all I have encountered with the name have the same background. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Pokarney, Stark
Hello My Name is Michael Stark. My grandmother was Rose Margaret Pokarney, my grandfather was William Frederick Stark(Stork), my father is Paul J. Stark from Fromberg, MT. I am very interested in any information on the family. I ask my dad about family a lot, but he is getting on in years and does not remember some of the names and birthdays and birth places. I would gladly share any info I have which at this point is not a lot. Please respond if you can. thank you Mike Stark

Re: ancestors

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 10:03PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2011 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Pokarney, Stark
Hello My name is Michael Stark. My grandmother was Rose Margaret Pokarney (Stark) of Fromberg,Mt. Grandfather was William Frederick Stark (Stork) My father Paul J. Stark was born in Edgar, Mt. His brother was Joe and sisters Rose, Agnes,and Freddie. Aunt Freddie and my dad are the only two left at this time. Rose and Agnes both were school teachers in Montana and my uncle Joe taught in Wisconsin to the best of my recollection. Any way I just started doing this so I have a lot of stuff to learn and I am very interested in the family tree. Please feel free to contact me as I am curious about the family! Thank You Michael R. Stark, Montana

Re: ancestors

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 3:19PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions