Search for content in message boards

Whitney's in Maine

Whitney's in Maine

Posted: 22 Mar 2000 3:36PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2001 9:29PM GMT
My great-great-grandparents David C. Whitney and Evelyn Mills, are from Bangor, Maine originally. They moved to Iowa in the 1870's. Unfortunately this is all I know about them. If anyone has any info on birth dates and parents i would be very greatful

thanks
Cliff

Whitney's from Maine

Posted: 21 Oct 2000 2:31PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 10:23AM GMT
In my family tree I have a Humphrey Whitney that was born in Bangor Maine 1801. The 1850 Federal Census shows him living in Hudson Maine with a wife and 6 children. Could we be related? I have no idea who Humphrey's parents were or siblings. This is as far back as I have been able to go.

Re: Whitney's in Maine

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2003 11:26PM GMT
My great grandfather, David C. Whitney, was born in
Bangor Maine, on Feb. 23, 1842. David served in the Civil
War, was wounded, and was a prisoner of war at Andersonville. He moved to Sabula, Iowa after the war. I have a newpaper clipping that has a photo of him taken on his 91st birthday.

Re: Whitney's in Maine

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 2:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Sep 2001 9:29PM GMT
I just happened to be looking in and saw your message. I am very glad that I have found a relative in here. I do have some additional info but it will take me awhile to get it together agian as I have recently moved to Ga to teach. Please get back in touch with me and let me know how to get in contact with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions