Search for content in message boards

Parker Family South Carolina

Parker Family South Carolina

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 9:35PM GMT
Hi, I have been doing this for quite a few years. Looking for a Parker famiy from South Carolina. My grandfather was Warren G. Parker. He died in 1964? in Asheville, North Carolina. He was born in South Carolina. He married into the Maltry Family.

Parkers

Sally Graber (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 9:26AM GMT
Parkers in South Carolina. I am aware of an old family in South Carolina. Goes back to late 1700's. They were located in Kershaw County. I do not believe that they have been researched to any extent. Let me know if interested.

parker

ernest brown (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 10:15PM GMT
I am looking for a david parker, who is from
SC. In 1900 he was in GA with his wife: Maria,son: William, D: Lottie, D: Lula. He was DOB: Aug 1866. He is my GGrand Father, I
am also looking for his father.

Thank you
Ernest

Parkers

Sally Graber (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:48PM GMT
I found a William Parker who in his will left property to his four sons: William, Hiram, Samuel and John. I believe John and his father stayed in South Carolina. The will was written in 1815 in Kershaw County, Camden, SC.I could find no other trace of Samuel and Hiram. I believe William II might be my GGGrandfather who married Frances Hannah Hudson in Kentucky in 1824. to a Frances Hannah Hudson. You can reach me
at bsgraber@rollanet.org.

Re: Parkers of S.C.

ken temples (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am at present researching the Parker family of Kershaw Co. S.C. My grandmother was a Parker and these are her people. I can't get past 1814 with this family. 1814 is when my great great great uncle Emanuel Parker was born. I can't prove who his parents were to continue my search. Can anyone help? All my people say they came from N.C. . I feel that they came from England to Maryland to Va. to N.C. to S.C. in the late 1700s. Family names are William, James, John, Gabriel, Emanuel, Eli, and Vincent. Can you help? Ken

Re: Parkers

KEN TEMPLES (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 12:46AM GMT
JUST FOR A LITTLE MORE INFO. SAMUEL PARKER, SON OF WILLIAM AND BROTHER OF WILLIAM JR. JOHN AND HIRAM DIED IN 1815 UNDER THE AGE OF 17 WITH NO WILL, THE SAME YEAR HIS FATHER DIED. HIS BROTHER JOHN WAS THE ADMINISTER OF ALL HIS GOODS AND CHATTELS. HOPE THIS MAY HELP YOU A LITTLE. KEN

Re: Parkers of S.C.

Reta Scherwinski (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 4:44PM GMT
I am also looking for my Parker family from SC. On the 1880 US Census it states my James Parker's, b abt 1810 SC, father was born in Ireland and his mother was born in SC. Do you have the 1880 US Census on your Parker to verify where his parents were born??

My James Parker started in SC then moved his family to AL, GA , back to AL and then to TX.

I am still looking for his parents and siblings.

Thanks,

Reta

Re: Parkers South Carolina

Posted: 31 May 2007 3:52AM GMT
I am researching the Parkers from Kershaw South Carolina. The names Shelton, Cunningham, James, John and Richard reoccur in the descendancy of this family. There is a Jane Parker who moved to Alabama with sons Richard Cunningham Parker and James S. Shelton. I am unable to determine Jane's spouse or maiden name. She later appears in later census with someone five years younger than her, S. S. Parker but can only guess this may be Samuel.

If you have further information, I would be interested. Thanks.

Re: Parkers South Carolina

Posted: 31 May 2007 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER

Will you please give some dates. Also what county in Alabama did your Jane migrate to? Do you know what the S. S. is? I have one too.

Re: Parkers

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 8:55PM GMT
I noticed your name is Graber. Are you related to the deceased Terry Hickman Graber from Sumter, S.C..
Phyllis Greene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions