Search for content in message boards

Pilkingtons of Alabama

Pilkingtons of Alabama

Posted: 1 May 2003 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pilkington
New to genealogy...please help! My husband's grandfather, Jasper Dean Pilkington, was born 12/24/1878, in Alabama. He was married to Betty Maude Price Bell, a widow.

He died in Colorado City, TX in about 1940. On the 1930 census (Mitchell County, TX), he is listed as having 6 children: Florence; Lanorie; Wildred; Loyd; Mary and Charlie, (my late father-in-law), as well as 4 step-children.

I have been unable to find out who Jasper Dean's parents were, or anything else about him. If you have any info, please advise. Thank you, Cami Pilkington

Re: Pilkingtons of Alabama

Posted: 29 May 2004 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Huffstutler
Jasper Dean Pilkington's parents were Andrew Jasper Newton Pilkington and Synthia Roena McCallum. They are buried in Hood County, TX.

Jasper Dean Pilkington's first wife was Laura Lee Huffstutler of Hood Co., TX.

I am not a Pilkington descendant, but personally know many descendants.

James T. Sears
Hood County Native and Lipan Historian
jtsears@execpc.com

Cami Pilkington (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2004 8:49PM GMT
Thank you!!!

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 9:43PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2005 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: PIlkington, Rhodes
There was a Jasper Pilkington who lived in St. Clair County, Alabama in the mid 1800's. To the best of my knowledge, he was born about 1847 to Parmenas Pilkington and his second wife, Sarah Rhodes. He married 1) Matilda Kerr in 1867 in St. Clair County and 2) Sarah Farmer in 1895 in Sabine County, LA. He had a number of children by his first wife and several by his second wife. As I understand it, he disappeared from his Alabama family about 1886. I do not have much information on this family--only what I have pieced together from various correspondents. So I cannot vouch personally for the accuracy. I have done my best to discover more information about this line of Pilkingtons because my great-grandfather may be the son of one of Jasper's half-brothers. However, I have not been able to dig up too much data. Wishing you well, Sheila

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: pilkington
I might have so info you want e-mail me @ Dana_Woodford@msn.com and lets talk and see if I can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions