Search for content in message boards

smallwood tenn

smallwood tenn

Amanda Smallwood (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:54PM GMT
I am 23 yrs. old. I am from Gainesboro, TN. I now live in Houston, TX(9 months now). My father still lives in TN. He is the son of Doc and Nora Smallwood. One of Doc's brothers names was Alexander. My brother Jonathan Alexander the 4th. My dad has 1 sister living in TN and 1 sister, 1 brother living in OH. Their parents Doc and Nora were 1/4 cherokee. He also has 1 sister dead and 3 brothers dead. I have more info if interested.

Amanda Smallwood

Gail Rene' Smallwood (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 8:00PM GMT
Amanda!!!!!
We indeed are related!!I am Doc and Nora Smallwood's Granddaughter. My Father Mark was Doc and Nora's son. I want to be in contact with all the family that I've never known. You can also add my 3 children and 4 grandchildren to the family tree.Yes, I am interested in all the info that you can provide. Thank you so much for helping me find my family. Please e-mail me...Grannybear64@hotmail.com

Smallwood

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 9:58PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:58AM GMT
My name is Debbie Barney and I live in Vidor TX. My biological father's name was Paul Stuart Smallwood from Akron, OH. I never knew him and my mother will not tell me ANYTHING about him. I have found out a few things myself and even from her by being really sneaky! I do know he died in Ohio in Jan.1991. I know he was in the navy, his birthday was July, 1939. He and my mother were married for a very brief time (not sure how long) when they were teenagers due to her pregnancy. She married my step-father by the time I was 2 so I know they couldn't have been together very long. I was born in Mar,1956. My brother was born in Oct, 1958 so they were defintely not together by early 1958. I didn't even know until I was older that the man who raised me was my step-father or that all my siblings were not my full siblings. I know Paul remarried and had other children, which means I have other siblings out there somewhere that I would like to know about. My mother once said she thought his family was from TN. I don't know if this was true or something else she made up to throw me off because she knew I was looking for him. Any of this sound familiar???
Thanks
Debbie

Debby Barney

Gail Smallwood (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 3:06PM GMT
Debby,
I'm sorry I can't help you out. None of the info sounds familiar as I am now just trying to find my family. If I hear anything I will leave a post. Good Luck in your search.
Gail

Smallwood in TN

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 7:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 5:44PM GMT
You should contact judyrae@msn.com She has the Smallwood family from Jackson Co., TN to Sherman, TX. Her line comes from Benjamin Alexander Smallwood. I believe your line would be from E Douglas Smallwood who was Benjamin's brother. I am not descended from either line, but their mother, Clarissa Mahaney was my great-grandfather's sister. I spoke with her last night and she said to contact her. Hope she can help you.

Re: smallwood tenn

Posted: 29 Jun 2008 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smallwood
if you're still available, i have questions regarding the smallwoods in McNairy County TN. one in particular, the wife of George D Smallwood, who went by the name "Buenenstu" or Buenevera or something like that. Would like to know her maiden name & what the "source" of her given name is.
thanks,
Melanie Ward

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 8:11PM GMT
Hi, I have information for you on George day Smallwood who married Mary annabella Buenavista Smallwood.

TJDE123@aol.com

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 10:15PM GMT
I have some information on the Smallwood family also. Everything is still packed away from the storm but I hope to get back on things soon. If you don't mind sending me your email address, I will send you what I have. George Day Smallwood and his wife were first cousins. Mary Annabella Buenavista's father was Andy Smallwood and George Day's father was Churchwell Bell Smallwood, Andy's brother. There are a large number of researchers trying to find the ancestors of Churchwell and Andy. No one has had any luck. Regards, Catherine

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Smallwood
Hi Catherine,
yes certainly. 'preciate your help.
my address is:
Melanie Meeker
1477 Bay Ave
Homer Alaska 99603
...i was born & raised in Van Zandt County Texas where some of the Smallwoods still live. my mom married a Smallwood after my daddy died. i have a 1/2 brother named Smallwood & am trying to document his family history for him.
will be happy to pay you for copying & postage if it's not too much. if it's a lot, let me know.
thank you,
Melanie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions