Search for content in message boards

Bill and Ruth Rupert/Ruppert

Bill and Ruth Rupert/Ruppert

Bill Harding (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 7:13PM GMT
I would like any info on Bill and/or Ruth Rupert. I am their son and was born in Marquette Mich. in 1940. I was adopted out when I was two. We had some relation in PA., but I don't know where. We were also related to the Hoods and the Pritchards in Mich. The Hoods in Traverse City, the Pritchards in Cadillac and Grand Rapids. Any info would be important and appreciated. Contact me email at: freedude40@aol.com or write PO Box 853, Forest Ranch, CA 95942

Rupert, Bill (William and Ruth)

Gladys Turman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 1999 10:04PM GMT
Have you tryed the 1920 Census of Michigan to see what Rupert families were there at the time? Ruperts don't move around a lot they usually stay put.Have you checked the
Social Securty Index to find out if they are still living? It is so much easier to find someone that lived a hundred years ago than it is to find someone who lived 50 years ago. I wish you well. gladys Rupert Turman, Mannford, Okla.

Boston and Ruth Hood

Kenneth Rupert (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 5:58PM GMT
I an the great grandson of Boston and Edith Hood. My grandparents are
William and Ruth Ruppert. My father's name is Wayne Rupert. I know he
has two brothers and one sister. Edith is his sister, William is his brother
and I do not know the name of the other brother. I have more info so contact
me if you would like to establish a connection. I am searching my roots.

Rupert

Gladys Turman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 6:30PM GMT
Kenneth, I Would very much like to know more about your Rupert side of the family, where they are from their ages, and anything else you could give. Please post your family on the Rupert message boards where all can be helped by it. You just might find a lot of Cousins you didn't know you had!!! Gladys

My Rupert Family Tree

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 1:34AM GMT
Descendants of John Rupert
Generation No. 1

1. JOHN1 RUPERT was born in Ohio. He married ELIZABETH LOVER November 23, 1851 in Carroll County, Ohio. She was born in Ohio.
Children of JOHN RUPERT and ELIZABETH LOVER are:
2. i. WILLIAM2 RUPERD, b. January 18, 1855, Ohio; d. February 02, 1925, Dollarville , McMillan Twp, Luce County, Michigan.
ii. EMMA ESTHER MARIE RUPERD, b. Abt. 1847; m. GEORGE HARVEY, September 18, 1888; b. September 17, 1869, Williams County, Ohio; d. November 08, 1961, Montcalm County, Michigan.

More About GEORGE HARVEY and EMMA RUPERD:
Marriage: September 18, 1888

3. iii. ALEXANDER RUPERD, b. Abt. 1853.
iv. SARAH RUPERD, b. Abt. 1858.
v. NANCY RUPERD, b. Abt. 1861.
vi. SUSAN RUPERD, b. Abt. 1866.
vii. MARY RUPERD, b. Abt. 1868.
viii. ULYSSES RUPERD, b. Abt. 1870.
ix. ELLA RUPERD, b. Abt. 1876.
Generation No. 2

2. WILLIAM2 RUPERD (JOHN1 RUPERT) was born January 18, 1855 in Ohio, and died February 02, 1925 in Dollarville , McMillan Twp, Luce County, Michigan. He married PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON August 26, 1877 in Montcalm County Michigan, daughter of HIRAM WALDRON and MARY HARRISON. She was born December 13, 1861 in Ohio, and died February 08, 1931 in McMillan Twp, Luce County, Michigan.

Children of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCILLA WALDRON are:
i. LUCY BELL3 RUPERD, b. June 28, 1880.
ii. HANNAH MAY RUPERD, b. August 07, 1882; m. F. KIRKLAND, September 19, 1898.
iii. EMMA RUPERD, b. January 03, 1885; m. FRED OGDEN, May 21, 1900; b. 1875; d. September 17, 1905.
4. iv. ALBERT RUPERD, b. June 13, 1889, Pine Grove, Montcalm County, Michigan; d. January 26, 1979, Howell Michigan.
5. v. ALFRED RUPERD, b. June 13, 1889, Pine Grove, Montcalm County, Michigan.
6. vi. WILLIE RAY RUPERD, b. June 13, 1891, Crystal Lake, Montcalm County, Michigan; d. April 24, 1933, Newberry, Luce County, Michigan.

3. ALEXANDER2 RUPERD (JOHN1 RUPERT) was born Abt. 1853. He married IDA HARRISON.

Child of ALEXANDER RUPERD and IDA HARRISON is:
i. CLINTON3 RUPERD.

Generation No. 3

4. ALBERT3 RUPERD (WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born June 13, 1889 in Pine Grove, Montcalm County, Michigan, and died January 26, 1979 in Howell Michigan. He married (1) HAZEL DOYLE. He married (2) ALICE FERRIS August 17, 1912.

Children of ALBERT RUPERD and ALICE FERRIS are:
i. LULA BELLE4 RUPERD, b. September 12, 1914, Dollarville Michigan; d. August 14, 1973; m. GLEN W SMITH.
ii. ALBERT LOUIE RUPERD, b. April 23, 1916; d. April 1917.
7. iii. HELEN V RUPERD, b. May 10, 1917, Newberry (Luce) Michigan; d. May 19, 1992.
iv. BERT JOHN RUPERD, b. April 24, 1920, McMillen Twp. (Luce) Michigan; m. EVA HUNSAKER.
v. KATE PRISCILLA RUPERD, b. December 21, 1921, Newberry (Luce) Michigan; d. September 24, 1976; m. STANLEY KENT.
8. vi. CECIL GERALD RUPERD, b. January 08, 1924.
vii. EDNA ARLENE RUPERD, b. May 10, 1935, Boyne City Michigan; m. JERRY WAYNE GALLIMORE SR, Angola Indiana.

5. ALFRED3 RUPERD (WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born June 13, 1889 in Pine Grove, Montcalm County, Michigan. He married ZADIE MAY WITTENMEYER October 21, 1910 in Roscommon, Roscommon County, Michigan, daughter of GEORGE WITTENMYER and SARAH CATHERN. She was born Abt. 1892.

Child of ALFRED RUPERD and ZADIE WITTENMEYER is:
i. EMMA4 RUPERD.

6. WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD (WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born June 13, 1891 in Crystal Lake, Montcalm County, Michigan, and died April 24, 1933 in Newberry, Luce County, Michigan. He married EMMA JANE WEBB October 03, 1912 in Portsmouth Ohio (Scioto), daughter of AMOS WEBB and AMERIETTA BROWN. She was born November 04, 1896 in Ironton Ohio (Lawrence County), and died November 1973 in Kenosha Wisconsin (53140).

Children of WILLIE RUPERD and EMMA WEBB are:
i. DONNA4 RUPERD.
ii. VIRGINIA RUPERD.
9. iii. WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT, b. August 25, 1913, Newark, Gratiot County, Michigan; d. December 28, 1983, Escanaba, Delta County, Michigan.
iv. LILIE RUPERD, b. 1914.
v. ALBERT RUPERD, b. March 26, 1916, Roscommon, Montcalm, Michigan.
vi. VIOLET RUPERD, b. 1920.
vii. ARSHEL RUPERD, b. 1922.
10. viii. JESSE A. RUPERD, b. March 17, 1924, McMillan, MI; d. April 07, 1996, Chicago, IL.

Generation No. 4

7. HELEN V4 RUPERD (ALBERT3, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born May 10, 1917 in Newberry (Luce) Michigan, and died May 19, 1992. She married (1) BASIL OREN MOORE. She married (2) FORREST W HARMON.

Child of HELEN RUPERD and BASIL MOORE is:
i. BASIL OREN MOORE5 JR.

8. CECIL GERALD4 RUPERD (ALBERT3, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born January 08, 1924. He married METTIE LEE GALLUP November 07, 1944.

Child of CECIL RUPERD and METTIE GALLUP is:
i. CECIL GERALD5 RUPERD.

9. WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT (WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born August 25, 1913 in Newark, Gratiot County, Michigan, and died December 28, 1983 in Escanaba, Delta County, Michigan. He married RUTH MARIE HOOD July 04, 1936 in Gladstone, Delta County, Michigan, daughter of BOSTON HOOD and EDITH PRICHARD. She was born March 23, 1919 in Logging Camp, and died May 11, 1942 in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan.

Children of WILLIAM RUPPERT and RUTH HOOD are:
11. i. WAYNE EDWARD5 RUPERT, b. December 10, 1936, Escanaba, MI.
ii. EDITH DARLENE RUPERD, b. February 18, 1938.
12. iii. WILLIAM AMOS HARDING, b. May 09, 1940.
iv. JERRY LEE RUPERD, b. January 21, 1942.

10. JESSE A.4 RUPERD (WILLIE RAY3, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born March 17, 1924 in McMillan, MI, and died April 07, 1996 in Chicago, IL. He married CHARLOTTE MAE DAISY March 23, 1948 in Zion, Lake Co, IL, daughter of DONALD DAISY and SARAH EDWARDS. She was born Private in Zion, Lake Co, IL.

Children of JESSE RUPERD and CHARLOTTE DAISY are:
i. STEPHEN LEE5 RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
ii. TAMERA JEAN RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
iii. CONSTANCE ANN RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
iv. TERRY LOU RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
v. CHERYL RAE RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
vi. DEBRA LENORE RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
vii. KEVIN DONALD RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
viii. LISA LEIGH RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.
ix. TONI MARIE RUPERD, b. Private, Waukegan, Lake Co, IL.

Generation No. 5

11. WAYNE EDWARD5 RUPERT (WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born December 10, 1936 in Escanaba, MI. He married CATHERINE ESTELLE THOMPSON September 25, 1959 in Landover Hills, Prince Georges, Maryland, daughter of ROBERT THOMPSON and MARY COX. She was born February 04, 1938 in 1109 Robinson Street Washington, DC.

Children of WAYNE RUPERT and CATHERINE THOMPSON are:
i. MICHAEL WAYNE6 RUPERT, b. September 03, 1960, Camp Spring, MD. AAFB; m. REBECCA LYNN BERRY, May 22, 1998; b. March 23, 1961.
ii. TIMOTHY ALLEN RUPERT, b. October 08, 1962, Cheverly, MD.
13. iii. KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT, b. April 23, 1964, Cheverly, Prince Georges County, Maryland.

12. WILLIAM AMOS5 HARDING (WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born May 09, 1940. He married JUDY KATHRYN KLAMMER September 29, 1963.

Children of WILLIAM HARDING and JUDY KLAMMER are:
14. i. SHERRIE6 HARDING, b. June 18, 1963.
15. ii. SCOTT LEWIS HARDING.

Generation No. 6

13. KENNETH EUGENE6 RUPERT (WAYNE EDWARD5, WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born April 23, 1964 in Cheverly, Prince Georges County, Maryland. He married KAREN MARIE MULLENHOFF June 06, 1992 in Mount Oak UMC Mitchellville, MD, daughter of PAUL MULLENHOFF and JUDITH ZAGARINO. She was born October 13, 1966 in Washington, DC Columbia Hospital for Women.

Child of KENNETH RUPERT and KAREN MULLENHOFF is:
i. RUPERT7, b. January 2001.

14. SHERRIE6 HARDING (WILLIAM AMOS5, WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) was born June 18, 1963. She married (1) KEN BARRETT. She married (2) STEVE DAMSTRA.

Children of SHERRIE HARDING and KEN BARRETT are:
i. KEN JAMES7 BARRETT, m. GWEN, May 13, 2000.
16. ii. PAUL MICHAEL BARRETT.
iii. CASEY LYNN BARRETT.

Child of SHERRIE HARDING and STEVE DAMSTRA is:
iv. AUBREY LORAYNE7 DAMSTRA.

15. SCOTT LEWIS6 HARDING (WILLIAM AMOS5, WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) He met (1) SUE. He married (2) UNKNOWN SAVAJO.

Child of SCOTT HARDING and SUE is:
i. JERAMIAH JONUS7 HARDING.

Child of SCOTT HARDING and UNKNOWN SAVAJO is:
ii. ZACHARIAH BRUCE SAVAJO7 HARDING.

Generation No. 7

16. PAUL MICHAEL7 BARRETT (SHERRIE6 HARDING, WILLIAM AMOS5, WILLIAM AMOS4 RUPPERT, WILLIE RAY3 RUPERD, WILLIAM2, JOHN1 RUPERT) He met NICOLE.

Child of PAUL BARRETT and NICOLE is:
i. CYRIS HAYDEN8 BARRETT.

Re: Bill and Ruth Rupert/Ruppert

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 1:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: rupert, Birch
Hi Bill, I was going though the message board ,on the ruperts ,my granfather was william Rupert,and he had a son WILLAM (bill) ,granpa b/1889, william jr. around1915, they lived in pa. if their is a connection let me know ,i have been researching the Rupert family , because my mother was adopted by these ruperts ,but i cant seem to get any information , thanks Lyn pa.

Kenneth E Rupert (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2003 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: See Message
THE
GENEALOGY
OF
CHRISTIAN RUPERT
&
ASSOCIATED FAMILIES

(Boll, Boyer, Brown, Bullock, Bunting, Burdine, Coale, Cox, Dalton, D'Ambrosio, Ditchem, Dorsey, Drescher, Evolino, Friend, George, Hand, Harrison, Hood, Jensen, Johnson, Kingrey, Lewis, Lomax, Lower, Lucus, Malizia, Metz, Mullenhoff, Musca, Nalley, Nally, Peddicord, Penn, Powell, Prichard, Pritchard, Rupard, Rupart, Ruperd, Rupert, Ruport, Richardson, Robbins, Ribins, Rowe, Rubach, Ruppert, Schultz, Shalley, Stoller, Stuller, Szczodowski, Thompson, Tortafilo, Waldron, Webb, West, Wooten, Yingling, Youst, Zagarino)

The Descendants of Christian Rupert

(Note: The RUPERT name was recorded as RUPERD between 1832 & 1912. Between 1912 and 1983 some spellings were RUPPERT, RUPERT & RUPERD. Some family names today still include these variations. The variations were due to inaccurate record keeping and thus family groups retain the given name. Concerning actual documentation, the name will be spelled as it is listed. Some of the many variations are RUPERT, RUPARD, RUPERD, RUPPERT, RUPORT, RUPART and in one rare occasion RUTHFORD).

CHRISTIAN RUPERT was born between 1790 & 1794 (indicated by the 1820 & 1840 Federal Census - Ohio). He married MARY STULLAR on September 01, 1818 in Washington Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio. The first historical record (found to date 6/6/2002) of the RUPERT lineage appears with this man, CHRISTIAN RUPERT (Sometimes recorded as CHRISTOPHER heretofore known as CHRISTIAN). It appears that CHRISTIAN RUPERT (also spelled RUPART at different times) was believed to have been born in either Maryland or Pennsylvania. The 1820 United States Federal Census lists him as living in Columbiana County, Washington Twp., Ohio under the spelling of RUPERT. It shows his age as being between 26 & 45 years old. His wife is listed as being between 26 & 45. It also shows that he owned one slave. There is no known record date for CHRISTIAN'S birth but chronologically speaking he would have been born around the turn of the century, (1790 up to 1794). Between 1821 and 1825 a male child was born to CHRISTIAN and MARY. This child could have been named WASHINGTON RUPERD, (see note below as to the likelihood of this scenario). Between 1826 & 1830 a female child was born to CHRISTIAN and MARY. Between 1830 & 1835 a second female child was born to CHRISTIAN and MARY. This female child could have been born towards the latter half of this time period due to the birth of CHRISTIAN and MARY's second son being born. In 1832 JOHN BELL RUPERT was born (December 19, 1832), in Noble Twp., in what would become Auglaize County Ohio. He died on July 15, 1900, in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. Between 1836 and 1840 a female child and a male child were born to CHRISTIAN and MARY RUPERT. It is possible that the female's name was ANN GERTRUDE RUPERT, (see note below as to the likelihood of this scenario). CHRISTIAN RUPERT is not found on the 1830 United States Federal Census. This could be accounted to the believed migration to Western Ohio where JOHN BELL was listed as bring born.
The 1840 United States Federal Census lists him as living in Carroll County Ohio under the spelling of RUPART. He is listed as having One male child 0-4; one male child 5-10, (this would be JOHN BELL RUPERT); one male child 15-19; one female child 0-4; one female child 5-9; one female child 10-14. He is listed as between 40 and 50 years old (putting his birth between 1791 & 1800). His wife is listed as being between 40 and 50 years old (putting her birth between 1791 & 1800). A marriage record for Columbiana County Ohio indicates a marriage between CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STELLER in 1818, (Columbiana County Records: MARY STELLER, truly spelled STULLER, married a CHRISTIAN RUPERT September 1, 1818 in Columbiana County by Justice of Peace Wm. Brown). She is believed to be the daughter of WILLIAM STULLER who is noted on the 1820 United States Federal Census as living in Columbiana County, Washington Twp., Ohio. The 1840 United States Federal Census lists HENRY STULLER living a few houses away from CHRISTIAN RUPERT and his family. This could be the brother of Mary?
MARY STULLER was born between 1790 - 1794 (indicated by the 1820 & 1840 Federal Census - Ohio). She is believed to be a descendant of ULRICH STOLLER/STULLER who was born in 1726 in Germany and died in 1817. He married ELIZABETH MILLER who was born in 1737 and died in 1816 and had at least five of the eight children baptized at Tohickon Church in Bucks County Pennsylvania between 1757 and 1774, (PETER, ANDREW, MARIA APOLLONIA, ULRICH, ELIZABETH, JOHN WILLIAM, HENRY, and CONRAD). The last child baptized was JOHN WILLIAM in March 1774 [in the German naming tradition, a child baptized as JOHN/JOHAN WILLIAM would usually be known as WILLIAM].
(The Immigrant Ship Phoenix 1749 Passenger List. While there was no complete listing of passengers who were on board the Phoenix, we do have a record of those males of sixteen years of age and older who took the oath of allegiance upon disembarking. Stassburger and Hinke in Pennsylvania German Pioneers, Vol. I & II have transcribed that record as follows:
List [133C] At the Court House at Philadelphia, Friday, the 15th Septr. 1749.
Present: Joshua Maddox, Esquire
The Foreigners whose names are underwritten, imported in the Ship Phoenix, John Mason, Master, from Rotterdam, but last from Cowes in England, did this day take the usual Qualifications to the government. By the List 261. 550 whole Freights, from Zweybrech, Nassau, Wirtemberg, & Palatinate.
Uhllerick (X) Stoller
Source for the above names: Ralph Beaver Strassburger and William John Hinke. Pennsylvania German Pioneers. 3 Vols. 1934; reprinted 1966 and 1975 by Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, 2 Vols).
Sometime between 1775 and 1779, the family moved to Frederick County Maryland. In 1779 ULRICH purchases land in Frederick County, Maryland. ULRICH is listed in the 1790 census in Frederick County Maryland. His son ULRICH Jr. was born in 1761 and is also listed as head of a household in 1790 in Frederick County, Maryland. By 1800 there are four STULLER households in Frederick County; CONRAD, HENRY, and WILLIAM, (all sons of ULRICH Sr.) and ULRICH Sr. ULRICH Jr. is listed in Somerset County Pennsylvania in 1800. ULRICH and ELIZABETH are buried in the Baust Lutheran Church cemetery in Tyrone, Carroll County, MD. The Last Will and Testament of ULRICH Sr. was found in the Frederick County, MD Will book RB1, pg. 485.
The Baust's (Emanuel) Lutheran/Reformed Cemetery, which is located on Old Taneytown Road (Rt 832) near Tyrone, with Baust Church Road running south, lying southeast of Taneytown in Carroll County, Maryland holds the STULLER graves. The ground was deeded to PETER SHOEMAKER and others for church purposes in 1797 with the church being erected in 1815. The old cemetery contains many German inscriptions, all in this list except two or three which were so defaced, a reading could not be deciphered. PETER SHOEMAKER and his wife CATHERINE, the original owners of the land now occupied as a cemetery, lie buried in the old cemetery with their associates. The new cemetery was started about 1850 and the church was remodeled in 1889. These interments were recorded October 16, 1889 and shortly thereafter published in The Democratic Advocate, a Carroll County newspaper of those times. I visited the Baust Cemetery in Tyrone Maryland and located the gravestones of ULRICH SR., ELIZABETH and CHRISTIAN. They are located in the old cemetery, which lies to the right of the church across a pond on a raised patch of ground. I took pictures of the stones and the church with the cemetery in the foreground. CHRISTIAN STOLLER is buried between ULRICH and ELIZABETH STOLLER. CHRISTIAN is listed as b. Nov 1764 d. May 1783.
STULLER
Henry died on October 25, 1886 @ 69y.6m.24d
Lydia (wife of Henry) died on October 28, 1880 @ 65y.6m.16d
Elizabeth died on November 2, 1882 @ 80y.4m.18d
Another location where the STULLER graves are found is in Wolf's Cemetery. This is a listing of the persons buried in Wolf's Cemetery located midway between Union Bridge and McKinstry's Mill in Carroll Co, Maryland. Wolfe Cemetery was the first cemetery in the vicinity and was succeeded by Pipe Creek Cemetery. These records are from a record book prepared by Alfred Englar, a former curator of the cemetery. The book was handed down to his son, Herbert G. Englar, also a previous curator, and was copied on the 18th of May 1915 by W.C. Rinehart. [Submitted to the Maryland Historical Society on 1 August 1933 by V.E. Barnes] These names have been arranged alphabetically for convenience but are repeated at the end of this list as they appeared in the record book (by row). The name is listed only with the year of death and age. 9th Row STULLER, ELIZABETH died in 1818 @ 8 years of age. Upon visiting the Wolfs Cemetery, we were unable to locate the stone of this ELIZABETH STULLER.
WILLIAM STULLER was born abt. 1774 was baptized as JOHN WILLIAM STULLER, the son of ULRICH STULLER Sr. & ELIZABETH, in Bucks County Pennsylvania. (Indicated as living with his father on the 1790 Federal Census for Frederick County Maryland. He is listed in 1800 as being between 16 and 26 years, along with one female the same age. There are also two female children less than 10 years. WILLIAM STULLER is assessed in 1798 for 60 acres of land in the Pipe Creek and Westminster Hundred of Baltimore County and is listed as the grantor of a deed (to PETER ERB Jr.) in Ferderick County on November 28, 1801. This would indicate that he was leaving the county at this time because he is not found mentioned again in the Frederick County records or in later Maryland censuses. ULRICH STULLER Sr. wrote his will in 1810 and mentions WILLIAM as one of his six children (others are CONRAD, HENRY, ULRICH Jr., ELIZABETH, and APPOLONIA). ULRICH Sr. died in 1814 and is buried in Carroll County Maryland. ULRICH Jr. died in Somerset County Pennsylvania in 1806. WILLIAM may have lived there for awhile but no proof has been found. WILLIAM appears in the Columbiana County Ohio Census in 1820 and this is thought to be the son of ULRICH Sr. The estate for a WILLIAM STULLER appears to be in Carroll County Ohio in 1851. Of course, Carroll County was formed from part of Columbiana in 1833. The WILLIAM in Maryland had two daughters born shortly before 1800, which would fit with MARY STULLER the wife of CHRISTIAN RUPERT). (See Appendix "A", additional information not pertaining to the direct lineage).
The Children of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLAR according to the 1840 United States Federal Census for Ohio were:
Male Rupert b. between 1821-1825
Female Rupert b. between 1826-1830
Female Rupert b. between 1830-1835
JOHN BELL RUPERD, b. December 19, 1832 (see detailed information below).
Female Rupert b. between 1836-1840
Male Rupert b. between 1836-1840

JOHN BELL RUPERD the second son of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER was born on December 19, 1832 in Noble Twp. in what would become Auglaize Co., Ohio, and died July 15, 1900 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. He married (1) ELIZABETH LOUER (name recorded as LOVER) November 23, 1851 in Carroll Co., Ohio. She was born April 19, 1834 in Carroll Co., Ohio, and died July 08, 1889 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. He married (2) ELIZABETH A. WILES SMITH January 22, 1891 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michiigan, daughter of JOHN WILES and LOVONA. She was born June 28, 1857, and died November 12, 1892 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. He married (3) SARAH SCOTT January 01, 1895 in Evergreen, Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was born Abt. 1855. JOHN BELL RUPERD was buried on July 17, 1900, in Ferris Center Cemetery. ELIZABETH LOUER was buried on July 10, 1889, in Ferris Center Cemetery. ELIZABETH A. WILES SMITH was buried on November 14, 1892, in Ferris Center Cemetery.
Detailed information concerning the RUPERT Lineage as it pertains to JOHN BELL RUPERD, (spelling of the last name was changed to end with a "D" due to inaccurate record keeping). It appears that JOHN BELL RUPERD was not the only child of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER, (as the IGI record shows). According to the 1840 United States Federal Census shows that he had at least two brothers and three sisters. Though the IGI record indicates that JOHN BELL RUPERD was born in the county of Auglaize, the county of Auglaize Ohio was not founded until 1848. Auglaize County was the 84th of the 88 counties established in Ohio. Thus the birth of JOHN BELL RUPERD in Auglaize County presents only one problem because any church records used to compile the IGI database would not mention a county that does not exist. Since the sources of the IGI are original birth, christening, or marriage records, family group sheets and “data forms” from individual researchers, or LDS temple records it is difficult to locate the actual record location. However, many of the communities within the county were founded before the county was formed. The death certificate of JOHN BELL RUPERD (marked as RUPARD on the death certificate & RUPARD on his tombstone) has very little genealogical information. The Michigan Department of State - Division of Vital Statistics, holds the Death certificate. The registered # is 6, certificate # 677. Some interesting notes include that the date of birth is unknown. The time of death was 8 AM on July 15, 1900. He was buried on July 17, 1900 in Ferris Twp. His father's name is listed as unknown and his mothers' maiden name is illegible. The certificate records the place of birth in error as Michigan. It appears that the record was filled out carelessly for the purpose of recording the death. The place of death is listed as the County House. In the "History of the Pine Grove Church & Vicinity" 1877 - 1977, the family of JOHN BELL RUPERD is found. The Pine Grove Church is located in Montcalm County Michigan.
The International Genealogy Index shows one JOHN BELL RUPERD being born on 19 December 1832 in Auglaize, Ohio. (Though a death certificate of his daughter EMMA ESTHER MARIA RUPERT states that he was from Williams County Ohio). His parents are listed as father -CHRISTOPHER RUPERT & mother - MARY STULLER. Brothers and sisters of JOHN BELL RUPERD have not been identified thus leaving a hole in the genealogical record. The origin of the RUPERT lineage indicated a westward movement from Pennsylvania into Ohio.
(The following is an excerpt from the History of the Pine Grove Church 125-year celebration). JOHN BELL RUPERD was one of the original signers of the founding articles of this church (pg. 6). "John Bell Ruperd was born December 19, 1832 in Auglaize County Ohio. Elizabeth Lover was born April 19, 1834 in Carroll County, Ohio. This couple was married November 23, 1851. The Ruperds were descendants of the Stuart Kings of England. Early family history shows that the mother was English and German descent. Their families were situated in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. They were a very religious family. Elizabeth's brother George use to live in a house just North of C.L. Waldron's barn. John and Elizabeth homesteaded in Ferris Twp., just East of the Riggs - Coston Corner on Briggs Road on the South side. Their deed was recorded August 5, 1876. To this union were born nine children; Sarah Ellen, Adelaide, Alexander, William, Lucinda, Emma Esther, Sidney, and Isabella". Mrs. Ruperd died at an early age and John then remarried Elizabeth Smith, January 22 1891. They were married by the Justice of the Peace, Hiram E. Waldron. They had one child, Lavonna. From this family of Ruperds there has been many descendants attending the Pine Grove Church down to the 3rd Great Grandchildren. John's main occupation was farming" (pg. 13, 15). This information, according to the Pine Grove Church historian, was gathered by the Ruperds Great Granddaughter Irus, their Granddaughter Lena Hansen and Harvey E. Waldron". (Page 8: The History of the Pine Grove Church & Vicinity 1877-1977) The reference to the Stuart Kings of England is referenced to Elizabeth Louer. There has been no connection made through genealogical proofs as of May 31, 2002. John Ruperd was opposed to this track going in and possibly others were too. This information was concerning the Grand Haven Lumber Company's railroad that crossed the corner of Pine Grove Road and Klees Road (pg. 26). July 8, 1889, Elizabeth Ruperd passed away in Ferris Township, Montcalm County Michigan (pg. 27). John Bell Ruperd passed away in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County, July 15, 1900 (pg. 34).
JOHN BELL's daughter EMMA ESTHER and her husband GEORGE WALDRON were his witnesses when he married ELIZABETH A. SMITH. Ferris Twp. Justice of the Peace, HIRAM WALDRON officiated the ceremony. HIRAM WALDRON was the father of PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON who would marry JOHN BELL's son WILLIAM RUPERD in 1877. (License & Marriage record from Stanton County Courthouse reads as follows. Date: January 15, 1891 - JOHN BELL RUPERD, age 57, occupation Farmer. Birth place Ohio. Previously married once. ELIZABETH A. SMITH age 32, occupation - domestic. Birthplace not known. Previously married once. His parents: CHRISTOPHER RUPERT & MARY STULLER. Her father was not known & her mother was not known. HIRAM E. WALDRON JP married them January 22, 1891 in Ferris. Witnesses: GEORGE H. WALDRON & EMMA WALDRON of Ferris)
The death record for ELIZABETH (WILES) SMITH RUPERD is record #833, book B, page 39. It reads on November 12, 1892 ELIZABETH RUPERD, female, white, married, age 36 years, 6 months, 10 days, died in Ferris Twp. from consumption. She was born in Michigan to "JOHN" and LAVONA WILES, residence of Ferris Twp. The 1894 census records her parents and siblings as the following: 1894 - Ferris Twp., pg 18 - JACOB, LIVONIE, JOHN A., FRANK WILES. 1900 - Ferris Twp., pg 9B - JACOB, LOVINA, FRANKLIN, and JOHN A. WILES. Death record #1749 reads, On January 29, 1907 JACOB WILES, white male, married,age 71 years, 23 days, died in Ferris Twp. of valvular heart disease. He was born in Indiana, a farmer. Parents were JOSEPH WILES and KATHERINE GINSEY whose residence was listed as Ferris Twp.
After this ELIZABETH died, JOHN married SARAH SCOTT, age 40, from Evergreen Twp. He was 60 years old at the time of this wedding. Their witnesses were Aaron and Sophia Scott. SARAH had been married before and EMMA ESTHER WALDRON did not approve of this union. Jerry Ross was the clergyman who performed the wedding. JOHN BELL RUPERD was one of the original signers of the first charter of the present Pine Grove Church known then as the First Christian Union Religious Society of Ferris Twp. The following is a detailed record of JOHN BELL RUPERD.
JOHN BELL RUPERD was born December 19, 1832 in Noble Twp., Auglaize County, Ohio, and died July 15, 1900 in Ferris Twp, Montcalm County, Michigan. There is information suggesting that he was born in Noble Twp. The area of Noble Twp. would have been located in the area that eventually became Auglaize County Ohio. This might account for the naming of the county prior to the founding of the county in 1848. He married (1) ELIZABETH LOUER November 1851 in Carroll County, Ohio. (Information has been received that indicates that Elizabeth is the daughter of Robert Louer and Hannah Enoch. However her death certificate indicates she was the daughter of John Bell Louer and Nancy Firestone, this is still being researched). She was born April 19, 1834 in Carroll County, Ohio, and died July 08, 1889 in Ferris Twp, Montcalm County, Michigan. He married (2) ELIZABETH WILES SMITH January 22, 1891 in Montcalm Michigan (Early Montcalm Michigan marriages Book "C" page 66). He married (3) SARAH SCOTT January 01, 1895 in Montcalm Michigan (Early Montcalm Michigan marriages Book "C" page 148). Census information for JOHN BELL RUPERD is as follows. JOHN RUPERD is found on the
Florence Twp., Williams Co., Ohio June 15, 1860 Census
276 271 John Ruperd 26 farmer b Ohio
Elizabeth 26 b Ohio
Alexander 7 b Ohio
William 5 b Ohio
Sarah 2 b. Ohio
George 2/12 b Ohio
The last line was a kind of squiggle in the age column---I took it for a two and made it 2 mo.
Checked cemetery listing---it showed Sarah as 1860-1936. It shows John Rupert lost a child and several sons but no names. 1880 census says Sarah age 22.

1870 census for Ferris Twp. Montcalm County Michigan as listed below:
Last First Age Occupation Value of Prop. Personal Birth
Ruperd, John 37 Farmer owns $1200 $150 Ohio
Elizabeth 36 Keeping house Ohio
William 15 Farm Laborer Ohio
Sarah 12 Ohio
Nancy 7 Ohio
Susan 4 Ohio
Mary 2 Mich.
Alexander 18 Farm Laborer Ohio
Ulysses 3/12 Mich.

The 1880 census lists John Rupert and his family as follows:
Last First Age Occupation Birth
Ruperds John 48 Farmer Ohio
Elizabeth 46 keeping house Ohio
Alexander 27 works in sawmill Ohio
Susan 14 at school Michigan
Mary 12 at school Michigan
Sydney U. 9 at school Michigan
Emma 6 at school Michigan
Ella M 4 Michigan

The 1894 Michigan census lists John, Sydney, and Lovionea and living with the Ruperds were Daniel and Elizabeth Brown.
The state of Ohio Probate Court records John Rupert marrying Elizabeth on November 23, 1951 in Carroll County Ohio. John Rupert moved his family to Michigan some time around 1867. This is verified by two pieces of evidence. John's daughter Mary and son Ulysses were born in Michigan. Since Mary is 2 on the 1870 census she was not born before the Ruperts moved to Michigan. The second piece of evidence is a land grant given to John Rupert on May 2, 1870. (Grant held by the Government Land Office. Application # 1079, Homestead Certificate # 481. Signed by then President Ulysses S Grant.) The land grant reads in part: "The West half of the North East quarter, the South East quarter of the North East quarter of section Twenty Nine and the South West quarter of the North West quarter of section twenty eight, in township eleven North of range five West in the District of lands subject to sale at Ionia Michigan containing one hundred and sixty acres".
The following is a listing of the marriages of the Rupert children as listed in the Montcalm County marriage books.

|Groom Name |Bride Name | Marriage Date | Page | Book |
| Ruperd, Alexander | Harrison, Ida M. | 30 Apr 1882 | 186 | A |
| Ruperd, John | Smith, Elizabeth A. | 22 Jan 1891 | 66 | C |
| Ruperd, William | Waldron, Laura | 26 Aug 1877 | 103 | A |
| Rupert, John | Scott, Mrs. Sarah | 1 Jan 1895 | 148 | C |

|Bride Name |Groom Name | Marriage Date | Page | Book|
| Rupard, Sarah E. | Draper, Shin? | 9 Aug 1875 | 76 | A |
| Ruperd, Addie | Vickery, Hamson | 30 Jan 1886 | 24 | B |
| Ruperd, Emma | Waldron, George | 19 Sept 1889 | 39 | C |
| Ruperd, Eva L. | Shives, Oscar | 24 Dec 1892 | 104 | C |
| Ruperd, Isabel | Damshee, Seth | 11 Aug 1878 | 115 | A |
| Ruperd, Mary A. | Parson, Henry P. | 30 Jul 1883 | 215 | A |
| Rupert, Amanda | Sunday, Henry L. | 25 Jul 1882 | 197 | A |
| Rupert, Sarah | Vickery, Harman | 11 Aug 1900 | 258 | C |

Mrs. Betty Wright first copied the Ferris Township, Montcalm County, Michigan cemetery in 1972. In September of 1975 Mrs. Betty Spooner copied, what was then, the new part of the cemetery. Judy Hardy, Marnie Riley, and Jeri Witzel copied inscriptions after that date on September 1, 1994. Burial records were obtained in 1998 and added to this list.
RUPARD:
Alex, bur 6 Mar 1922 - (this is consistent with the death certificate for the state of Michigan).
Child of Alex's, burial record with no dates.
Child of John's, no tombstone, bur rec with no dates.
Child of Wm's, no tombstone, bur 11 Jun 1895.
John Rupard, no tombstone, bur 17 Jul 1900.
Lucy, c/o Wm, no tombstone, bur rec with no dates.
Son of John's, no tombstone, bur 10 May 1898.
Wife of John's, no tombstone, bur 14 Nov 1892 (notation that may mean wife #2).
Wife of John's, no tombstone, bur rec with no dates.
Wife of Alex's, no dates or other name.
RUPERD:
Elizabeth A. w/o J. 12 Nov 1892 ae 35/6/2.
Ida M. w/o A. d. 7 ___? 1889 ae 25/6/9.
Son of J & E 5 Aug 1884 ae 26/8/3.
In researching the family of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOUER, I have tried to determine the lineage of ELIZABETH LOUER. I have still been unable to verify through documentation that this information is correct. I am still trying to determine the parents of Elizabeth. According to the recorded history of the Pine Grove Church Elizabeth Rupert's burial took place on July 11, 1889, at Ferris Center Cemetery, Ferris Twp, Montcalm County, Michigan. Elizabeth's Death Certificate proved to be more confusing than helpful. First of all her last name was recorded as Ruthferd. Her parents are listed as JOHN & NANCY SOUER. I believer the true spelling of her maiden name was LOWER for the following reasons:
1) The Carroll County marriage book recorded her last name as "LOVER". This hand written document could have easily been bad penmanship on the part of the county clerk who meant to write "LOVER". It has been noted that due to the penmanship used by the federal census takers and those who recorded legal documents that the scripted "L" could be mistaken for an "S".
2) A death certificate for one of the RUPERD children (EMMA ESTHER MARIA WALDRON, nee RUPERD) lists ELIZABETH's name as "LOUR". Obviously again careless record keeping.
3) The "LOWER" name has also been recorded as "LOHR", "LOUER", LOVER", "LOUR", and the common spelling "LOWER".
4) Coupling the variations of the spellings with the information gleaned from ELIZABETH's death certificate listing her parents as "SOUER" I conclude that the original spelling would be "LOUER".
5) I have been told that a number of RUPERT's in Carroll County and Columbiana County Ohio married "LOWERS".
(The potential genealogical lineage for ELIZABETH LOWER is derived from a family file found on www.roosweb.com as well as on www.familysearch.com). MICHAEL ZEYNOR married a woman named MARY. The child of MICHAEL ZEYNOR and MARY was CATHERINE SANOR. She was born on May 9, 1783 in Pennsylvania and died on March 14, 1876 in West Twp Columbiana County Ohio. She is buried in Sanor Cemetery in West Twp Columbiana County Ohio. She married JACOB LOWER about 1799 in Westmoreland Pennsylvania. He was born in June 1782 in Columbiana County Ohio and died on February 23, 1852 in West Twp., Columbiana County Ohio. He is buried in Sanor Cemetery, West Twp. Columbiana County Ohio. The child of JACOB LOWER and CATHERINE SANOR was JOHN B. LOWER. He was born on November 30, 1801 in Columbiana County, Ohio and died on April 8, 1855 in Columbiana County, Ohio. He married NANCY ANN FIRESTONE on December 21, 1826. She was the daughter of JOHN B. FIRESTONE and RACHEL ROLLER. She was born on July 1, 1807 in Columbiana County Ohio and died on May 7, 1896 in Whitley County Indiana. She is buried in Larwill Cemetery Indiana. He was buried in Sanor Cemetery in Columbiana County Ohio. The children of JOHN B. LOWER and NANCY ANN FIRESTONE were:
MARY LOWER was born on November 18, 1827 in Columbiana County Ohio
DAVID LOWER was born on July 27, 1830 in Columbiana County Ohio
RACHEL LOWER was born on March 10, 1833 in Columbiana County Ohio and died on July 8, 1857.
DENNIS LOWER was born on January 1, 1836 in Columbiana County Ohio.
SIDNEY LOWER was born on April 9, 1838 in Columbiana County Ohio.
CATHERINE J. LOWER was born December 26, 1840 in Columbiana County, OH, and died 29 Jun 1927 in Alliance, Stark County, OH. She married LEVI HESTAND on April 1, 1860 in Columbiana County, Ohio. He was the son of ABRAHAM HESTAND and LEAH STOFFER. He was born in May 1839 in Ohio and died on March 18, 1918 in Hanover, Columbiana County Ohio.
JOHN BEAVER LOWER was born on June 21, 1843 in Columbiana County Ohio and died on October 30, 1911 in Danville Champaighn Illinois.
ALBERT LOWER was born on March 29, 1846 in Columbiana County Ohio.
LEANDER LOWER was born on July 8, 1849 in Columbiana County Ohio.
If this lineage were in deed that of Elizabeth Lower she would have been born between RACHEL AND DENNIS LOWER. However, ELIZABETH LOWER & JOHN BELL RUPERD were married in Carroll County in 1851. She was a minor when she was married and this could account for her crossing the county line.
(An interesting side note to the aforementioned information: I have information contained in the IGI database showing a Washington Ruperd marrying a Diana Elliott on June 6, 1848 in Jefferson County Ohio. Another IGI record shows Washington Ruperd marrying Margaret Ann Moore on 3 November 1851 in Jefferson County Ohio. If the assumption is made that Washington was between 23 & 28 years old when he married Diana that would put his birth date between 1821-1825. This would be significant because this could make him JOHN BELL's brother. John Bell Rupert was born in 1932. Could Washington Ruperd be a brother of John? A cemetery inscription for the Old United Presbyterian Cemetery of Westmoreland County Pennsylvania lists Jacob Ruperd as dying on September 14, 1832, age 40. (The Old United Presbyterian Cemetery lies just back of its church, on Church Street, but is now abandoned for burial purposes. It was the first and only graveyard in the village, and lists some of the old settlers). Could this be a brother of Christopher / Christian Rupert? The 1900 census information for, Pleasants County, Jefferson District, Supervisor District 4, Enumeration District 67, West Virginia (Enumerated by Arnold Adams 1 June through 29 June 1900) lists David J Ruperd (oil lease foreman) b. February 1864 in Pennsylvania, father and mother from Pennsylvania, with wife and one daughter. Wife Mary b. January 1872 and daughter b. 1900 (I month old). How does David tie in? In the John Teagarden genealogy it shows John marrying Ann Gertrude Ruperd on January 17, 1856. If she was between 16 to 20 years old when she married this could be JOHN BELL's younger sister, (1836-1840) None of the information in this paragraph has been reconciled though it begs the question "Where does it all tie together?)" (It should be noted that all of the following children of John and Elizabeth Rupert spelled their last name with a "D"; However, in order to show genealogical sequence all names will be shown as RUPERT). The children of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOUER were:
ALEXANDER RUPERD was born on September 24, 1852 in Ohio and died on March 03, 1922, Pontiac, Oakland Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
WILLIAM RUPERD born in January 1855 in Ohio and died on February 02, 1925 in Dollarville, McMillan Twp., Luce Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
SARAH ELLEN RUPERD was born on November 14, 1858 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on April 09, 1936 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
(GEORGE RUPERD was born in April 1860. The IGI records a George Rupert born in 1862 in Delphos, Allen County Ohio. He married a woman named Laura. I have never heard of this connection before I was given this information from Lerayne Smith. This is not confirmed as a direct relation to JOHN BELL RUPERT & ELIZABETH LOUER).
ISABELLA RUPERD was born in 1863 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
LUCINDA RUPERD was born in 1866, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on March 05, 1894, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
ADELAIDE RUPERD was born in 1868. She married HIRAM VICTORY on January 30, 1886. (See detailed information below).
SYDNEY ULYSSES RUPERD was born in 1870. (See detailed information below).
DELORA M. RUPERD was born on August 09, 1872 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on October 14, 1874, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on October 19, 1874, Ferris Center Cemetery. (See detailed information below).
EMMA ESTHER MARIA RUPERD was born on September 22, 1874, Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on October 02, 1927 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).
EVA LOUELLA RUPERD was born on July 01, 1876 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on September 09, 1962 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).

The child of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH SMITH was:
LIVONIA RUPERD was born on October 26, 1891 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. (See detailed information below).

The child of JOHN BELL RUPERD and SARAH SCOTT was:
SAMPSON RUPERD (See detailed information below).

ALEXANDER RUPERD was the first son of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. He was born on September 24, 1852 in Fulton County Ohio, and died from pulmonary tuberculosis on March 03, 1922 in Pontiac, Oakland Co., Michigan. He married IDA MAY HARRISON April 30, 1882 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, daughter of NATHAN HARRISON and MARY KIRK. (According to his marriage record he was born in 1856). She was born 1864 in Swan Creek, Fulton Co., Ohio, and died July 1889 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was buried on March 06, 1922, Ferris Center Cemetery. The place of his burial is listed as Vesterberg Michigan. She was buried on July 1889, Ferris Center Cemetery. ALEXANDER's last noted residence was 52 Chamberlin Street in the city of Pontiac in the county of Oakland, in the State of Michigan. His occupation was a Flour Miller and he was retired at the time of his death. It is also believed that he also worked in the lumber mills sometime throughout his life. The document, which is held by the Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics, records that the disease was contracted in Vesterburg Michigan. The informant was ALEXANDER's son CLINTON RUPERD who also resided in Pontiac Michigan (the last name is spelled as RUPERD). Alexander owned the following property in Ferris Twp. SW 1/4 of NE 1/4 Sec. 29 Town 11 Range 5 40 acres. He married IDA HARRISON April 30, 1882 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County Michigan. The marriage record is held by the State of Michigan, State file number 2-443, record number 1946. His marriage record is recorded in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "A" page 186. GEORGE A. BAKER, Justice of the Peace, married them. Their witnesses were ELIAS C. & CYNTHIA E. BRASTOFF. She was 18 years old and he was 26 years old. She died 1889 in Ferris Twp, Montcalm County Michigan (still looking for the death record). The Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics, holds the death certificate for ALEXANDER RUPERD (Certificate # 363 521, Registration # 90. Name recorded as RUPERD). The Division of Vital Records and Health Statistics, Michigan Department of Community Health, Genealogical Death Indexing System, Michigan, (GENDIS) records the following record of death in the state of Michigan. "RUPERD, Date of death: 30-Apr-1883; Ledger Page: 292; Record Number: 1131; Place of death: FERRIS; County of Death: Montcalm; Sex: Female; Race: WHITE; Marital Status: Other; Age: 0; Cause of Death: STILL BORN; Birthplace: MICHIGAN; Occupation: Not Recorded; Father's Name: RUPERD, ALEXANDER; Father's Residence: FERRIS; Mother's Name: RUPERD, IDA MAY; Mother's Residence: FERRIS; Date of record: 29-May-1884".
The children of ALEXANDER RUPERD and IDA MAY HARRISON were:
FEMALE RUPERD was born on April 30, 1883 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on April 30, 1883. Cause of death was listed as stillborn.
CLINTON A. RUPERD was born on July 10, 1886 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on February 23, 1941 in Waterford, Oakland Co., Michigan. (I received the following information from CINDY RUPERD-STOLL). He was buried in February 1941 at Oak Hill Cemetery in Pontiac Michigan. He died of Lobar Pneumunia, Bronchial Asthma and Chronic Myocaditus. He married HAZEL MARIE WRIGHT. She was born on August 4, 1893 in Troy Twp Michigan and died on August 5, 1827 in Sylvan Lake Michigan. She died of TB contracted from her father in law ALEXANDER, whom she took care of in Troy Michigan. She was buried on August 07, 1927, Oak Hill Cemetery Pontiac, Michigan. She was the daughter of ARTHUR GEORGE WRIGHT and JEANNE NEILL COFFIN. JEANNE COFFIN NEILL's Grandparents were ZACHARIAH COFFIN and MARIA NEILL. ZACH was born on September 22, 1824 in England and was stationed on Gilbralter. He fought in the civil war for 4 years on the North's side. He married MARIA on February 11, 1848 in New York. She was born on May 24, 1825 in Ireland. A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no birth record was found for him in the years of 1881, 1882, or 1883. The children of CLINTON RUPERD and HAZEL WRIGHT were:
MARGURITE MARIE RUPERD was born on September 15, 1916. She married HAROLD STRONG.
HOWARD ALEXANDER RUPERD was born on November 4, 1917. He married AGNES ROSE BALLENTYNE CHAMBEAU. She died on October 27, 2000. The children of HOWARD ALEXANDER RUPERD and AGNES ROSE BALLENTYNE CHAMBEAU were:
HOWARD ALEXANDER RUPERD JR. was born on June 18, 1941 and died on April 24, 1982 of cancer.
CHARLES EDWARD RUPERD was born on December 1, 1946. He married BETTY JEAN CLARK DERDY. She had three children from a previous marriage.
ROSE MARY RUPERD was born on November 6, 1949. She married RICHARD DUBNIAK of Canada. They have one child, BARRY JOHN DUBNIAK.
THOMAS DONALD RUPERD was born on January 14, 1952. He married CYNTHIA JEAN SCOTT on June 22, 1974. She was born on August 27, 1952. They have two children:
MELISSA ANN RUPERD was born on March 14, 1980
AUBREY RENEE RUPERD was born on July 30, 1982.
GLADYS MAE RUPERD was born on February 14, 1919 and died in September 1919 of Cholera. She is buried with her parents in Pontiac Michigan.
GEORGE ARTHUR RUPERD was born on September 28, 1922.

WILLIAM RUPERD was the second son JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. He was born on January 18, 1855 in Williams County Ohio, and died February 02, 1925 in Dollarville, McMillan Twp., Luce Co. Michigan. He married PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON August 26, 1877 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was the daughter of HIRAM WALDRON and MARY ANN HARRISON. PURY T. BAILEY, Justice of the Peace, married them. (She was 16 years old and he was 22 years old). Their witnesses were Sheldon Draper (WILLIAM's brother in law) and JOHN RUPERD (WILLIAM's father). She was born December 13, 1861 in Swan Creek Twp., Fulton Co., Ohio, and died February 08, 1931 in Dollarville, McMillan Twp., Luce Co. Michigan. He was buried on February 04, 1925, Forest Home Cemetery Newberry, Michigan. She was buried on February 10, 1931, Forest Home Cemetery Newberry, Michigan. The marriage record of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON is held by the State of Michigan, State file number 3-41, record number 703. The marriage for WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCILLA WALDRON is recorded in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "A" page 103. Documentation of the vital records of WILLIAM RUPERD are in short supply. Since the State of Ohio had not required vital records to be kept before 1867 the birth record of WILLIAM RUPERD does not exist. However, since the State of Michigan records the birth date on the death certificates, it is believed that the date given on the Michigan State Death Record is accurate, (1/18/1855). It is recorded on the death record that WILLIAM was a Common Laborer. It is believed that we worked as a farmer very early on in his life and then he might have worked for the logging industry. Neither is known for sure. Ironically the death record lists him as a widower yet PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON, WILLIAM's wife, did not die until 1931. It is known that WILLIAM was living with his son ALBERT RUPERD according to the 1920 Michigan census. Both were said to be living in McMillan Township, in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan. Apparently he and his wife were no longer together at the time of his death. WILLIAM passed away at 4 AM on February 2, 1925. He was pronounced dead by Dr. Henry E. Perry. WILLIAM RUPERD was Buried on February 04, 1925, Newberry Luce County Michigan. WILLIAM RUPERD owned the following property in Ferris Twp. SE 1/4 of NE 1/4 Sec. 32 Town N 11 Range 5 40 acres. There is a story that is told that William either was with the Dalton Gang for a while or knew them personally. Like her husband, documentation of the vital records of PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON are in short supply. (See the history of the WALDRON lineage for more information). The marriage of PRISCILLA WALDRON and WILLIAM RUPERD is recorded in the Ruperd Family Bible. Copies of the Bible pages are found in Appendix "A". It is difficult to know whether the birth date recorded on the Michigan State Death Certificate is accurate since it appears to be a mere subtraction of 70 years from the death date. Once again WILLIAM and PRISCILLA's son ALBERT is the informant for the death. The Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics, holds PRISCILLA's death record. The state office number is 48 930. The record lists the city of death to be Dollarville, Township of McMillan, County of Luce. Her birthplace is listed as Findlay Ohio, which is in Hancock County. Her father is listed as HIRAM WALDRON from the state of Pennsylvania. Her mother is listed as Unknown Harrison also from the state of Pennsylvania. Her death record records the cause of death to be natural causes however other contributory causes of importance are listed as Senility & Asthma. She is listed as being buried in Newberry. The International Genealogical Index reports that the birth date PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON as 13 December 1861 in Swan Creek, Fulton, Ohio. It shows her parents as, Father: HIRAM EARL WALDRON & Mother: MARY ANN HARRISON. This I believe is a more accurate birth information.
Priscilla Delaura Waldron Ruperd's obit reads: "Word reached here Monday that Delura Waldron Ruperd had passed away early last morning at her home in Newberry. She was a sister of George, Hiram JR., and Marion Waldron of this place and also leaves to mourn three sons, Albert, Alfred, and William Ruperd and several Grand Children of Newberry and also one Grand Daughter Mrs. Carrie Kirkland Kline who lives in the southern part of this state, whom she raised, and several Great Grand Children in Mrs. Kline's home and a host of other relatives in this place who regret her passing away. She was a good woman and did much to lessen the burdens of others and always a true Christian faith prevailed. Four daughters have also preceded her in death. Many years of her life were spent in this place. She is gone but not forgotten". PRISCILLA DELORA RUPERT was buried on February 15, 1931, Newberry, Luce County, Michigan. A document between the McPhail Lumber Company and PRISCILLA and EMILY P CARPENTER, (Mother and Daughter), indicates an indenture for grave sites in the town of Dollarville, Michigan. The children of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCILLA WALDRON will be examined in greater detail because this is the direct lineage of the author. However, below are listed the children that were born to WILLIAM RUPERT AND PRISCILLA WALDRON.
LUCY BELL RUPERD was born on June 18, 1880 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died after 1884, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. Burial: Ferris Center Cemetery. See detailed information below.
HANNAH MAE RUPERD was born on August 14, 1882. See detailed information below.
EMILY PRISCILLA RUPERD was born on December 12, 1885 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on January 13, 1930 in Dollarville, McMillan Twp., Luce Co., Michigan; m. (1) LOUIS CARPENTER; m. (2) BERT LESSLY. She was buried on January 15, 1930, Forest Home Cemetery See detailed information below.
ALBERT RUPERD was born on July 13, 1890 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on January 26, 1979 in Howell, Livingston Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.
ALFRED D. RUPERD was born on July 13, 1890 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on August 06, 1971 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.
WILLIAM RAY RUPERD was born on June 13, 1892 in Crystal Lake, Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on April 24, 1933 in Lakefield, Luce Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.
LILLY ETHEL RUPERD was born on March 08, 1895 and died on June 09, 1895 in Roscommon Co., Michigan. She was buried on June 11, 1895, Ferris Center Cemetery See detailed information below.

SARAH ELLEN RUPERD was the first daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born November 14, 1858 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, (although other records indicate that SARAH ELLEN RUPERD was born about 1858 in Williams County Ohio), and died April 09, 1936 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married (1) SHELDON DRAPER August 09, 1875 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. (He was 29 years old and she was 18 years old). He was born January 18, 1831 in Ashford Hollow, Cattaraugus Co., New York, and died June 11, 1896 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married (2) CASSIUS HILLARD Abt. 1899. He was born August 14, 1850 in Ohio, and died 1924. She was buried on April 12, 1936, Ferris Center Cemetery. SHELDON DRAPER was buried on June 14, 1896, Ferris Center Cemetery. A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no death record was filed for her. They were married by MOSES A DYER, Justice of the Peace. Their witnesses were C. N. SWIFT and C. S. PARRISH. Marriage record is held by the State of Michigan, State file number 3-41, record number 297. SHELDON was born in Caitaraugus County, Ashford Hollow New York. The child of SARAH RUPERT and SHELDON DRAPER was ADDIE DRAPER (who married FRED EARL SYNDER on May 9, 1901 in Stanton Michigan). The Draper barn was built east of the house, right by the so there was no shoveling snow and the horses and buggies were handy to the road. The barn was an upright with a slanted roof addition for the stable on the south side and another on the West Side for the buggies. The old granary, which was moved back, is still there. The first house burned down and a stone house was built. The masonry was by FLOYD BEARD. Head carpenter was GEORGE WALDRON and GLENN HOUSEMAN helped on some of it. There is a story about a grave west of the house about a worker who fell from the barn roof. He had died and was buried there, however no one remembered his name. A grand old elm stood by the rood in front of the house that everyone use to swing from but it was cut down when the new road was put in. (Information gathered from the History of the Pine Grove Church). SARAH is buried in the Ferris Center Cemetery located in Ferris Twp, Montcalm County, Michigan. The marriage information for SARAH RUPERT and SHELDON DRAPER is recorded in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "A" page 76. She owned the following property. W 1/2 of SE 1/4 except 10 acres of sec. 32 W 1/2 of E 1/2 of SE 1/4 of 32, (1885).
The children of SARAH RUPERD and SHELDON DRAPER are:
JOHN ALBERT DRAPER was born May 15, 1876 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died March 20, 1946. He married MAUD LEONA. She was born 1881, and died November 18, 1944. He was buried on March 22, 1946, Ferris Center Cemetery. She was buried on November 20, 1944, Ferris Center Cemetery.
The children of JOHN DRAPER and MAUD LEONA are:
ELVA DRAPER, b. December 11, 1899.
CHARLES DRAPER.
VERNICE DRAPER, d. July 04, 1951 and buried on July 07, 1951, Ferris Center Cemetery.
LORNA DRAPER.
DONALD DRAPER, b. 1910; d. 1986; m. ROSETTA; b. 1918. He was buried on 1986, Ferris Center Cemetery
EARL DRAPER
GEORGE P. DRAPER was born February 16, 1878 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died February 07, 1927 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. He married ELIZABETH ANN SNYDER, daughter of MOSES SNYDER and ELIZABETH WALDRON. She was born February 10, 1882 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died January 26, 1980 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was buried on February 10, 1927, Ferris Center Cemetery. She was buried on January 28, 1980, Ferris Center Cemetery
The children of GEORGE DRAPER and ELIZABETH SNYDER are:
BABY DRAPER, b. 1901.
BABY DRAPER, b. 1903.
DOROTHY MAE DRAPER, b. March 08, 1904.
ALFRED EARL DRAPER, b. 1908.
HARMON EUGENE DRAPER, b. 1912.
CARLTON G. DRAPER, b. 1915.
MURNICE ANNA DRAPER.
ALVINA LESTA DRAPER was born May 31, 1880 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died January 01, 1950. She married (1) LEMASTER. She married (2) ARTHUR BAILEY 1895, son of PERRY BAILEY and SARAH. He was born September 1874 in Michigan, and died March 09, 1907. She was buried on January 04, 1950, Ferris Center Cemetery. He was buried on March 11, 1907, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of ALVINA DRAPER and ARTHUR BAILEY are:
BELVA BAILEY, b. August 1897, Michigan; d. July 09, 1973.July 11, 1973, Ferris Center Cemetery
ALTA J. BAILEY, b. May 1898, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan; d. 1987, Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan.
ADDIE ELIZABETH DRAPER was born August 28, 1883 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died October 18, 1958 in Cyrstal, Montcalm Co., Michiigan. She married FREDERICK EARL SNYDER May 09, 1901 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michiigan, son of MOSES SNYDER and ELIZABETH WALDRON. He was born June 02, 1880 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died December 03, 1957 in Crystal, Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on October 21, 1958, Crystal Cemetery, Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was buried on December 07, 1957, Crystal Cemetery, Montcalm Co., Michigan. The children of ADDIE DRAPER and FREDERICK SNYDER are:
IRUS CHRISTINE5 SNYDER, b. January 23, 1903; d. 1982.
AGNES R. SNYDER, b. July 15, 1904; d. February 13, 1920, Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. Buried on February 15, 1920, Spencer Cemetery
DENA MARIE SNYDER, b. June 01, 1920; d. 1924, Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. Buried in 1924, Spencer Cemetery
RAYMOND EARL SNYDER, b. February 02, 1922; d. August 04, 1936, Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. Buried on August 07, 1936, Spencer Cemetery
LEWIS WILLIS DRAPER was born April 07, 1886, and died January 01, 1968. He married IVA MAUDE BOSTOFF 1909 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, daughter of ELIAS BOSTOFF and CYNTHIA HARRISON. She was born November 28, 1889, and died February 20, 1980. He was buried on January 03, 1968, Ferris Center Cemetery. She was buried on February 22, 1980, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of LEWIS DRAPER and IVA BOSTOFF are:
LYLE J. DRAPER, b. May 06, 1910.
LOREN E. DRAPER, b. November 07, 1911.
IRENE E. DRAPER, b. November 23, 1914.
WILLARD M.. DRAPER, b. May 12, 1917; d. May 12, 1917, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. Buried on May 14, 1917, Ferris Center Cemetery
CLIFFORD O. DRAPER, b. May 04, 1919.
LOSSIE FREDERICK DRAPER was born on April 16, 1889 and died on May 23, 1890. He was buried on May 25, 1890, Ferris Center Cemetery
MYRTLE DRAPER was born 1891 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married (1) RALPH EGGLESTON. He was born September 1888 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died January 27, 1913 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married (2) JOHN K. BRAUGHER. RALPH EGGLESTON was buried on January 30, 1913, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of MYRTLE DRAPER and RALPH EGGLESTON were:
MYRNA A. EGGLESTON, b. 1911; m. ISREAL E. SWITZER; b. 1903; d. July 20, 1980. She was buried on July 22, 1980, Ferris Center Cemetery
MURIEL EGGLESTON.
VIRGILENE EGGLESTON.
The child of MYRTLE DRAPER and JOHN BRAUGHER was:
DORIS BRAUGHER.
ELLA N. DRAPER was born on May 04, 1894 and died on February 08, 1954. She married GLENN HOUSEMAN. He was born on January 04, 1890 and died on March 07, 1952. She was buried on February 10, 1954, Ferris Center Cemetery. He was buried on March 09, 1952, Ferris Center Cemetery

The child of SARAH RUPERD and CASSIUS HILLARD was:
ILA HILLARD was born on September 07, 1900, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan and died on December 01, 1901, Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan.

ISABELLA RUPERD was the second daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born in 1863 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married DWIGHT SETH DUNSHEE (some spelling record DUNCHEY) August 11, 1878, son of NELSON DUNCHEE and ESTHER unknown. This marriage is recorded in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "A" page 115. He was born Abt. 1857. She was buried in Ferris Center Cemetery. DWIGHT SETH DUNSHEE was buried in Ferris Center Cemetery. Children of ISABELLA RUPERD and DWIGHT DUNSHEE were:
WILLIS DUNSHEE who is believed to have died at birth.
WILLARD DUNSHEE who was said to have become a minister and lived in Ohio.

LUCINDA RUPERD was the third daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born 1866 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died March 05, 1894 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married WALTER A. BEARD abt. 1872 in Carroll County, Ohio. He was born April 1859 in Canada, and died May 09, 1922 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on March 08, 1894, Ferris Center Cemetery. He was buried on May 11, 1922, Ferris Center Cemetery. Information about Lucinda has been gathered from the International Genealogical Index. This news was recorded in Rebecca DooLittle's scrapbook. Floyd Beard is laying a stone wall for D Reed. Floyd Beard will entertain Carson City on Saturday by walking the wires. (From the History of the Pine Grove Church) - Walter Beard married the Ruperd's third daughter Lucinda. Arthur Coston married their daughter Mamie. Their son Floyd married Iva Foley, a sister to Lulu Waldron. Their residence was on the Willard Road near the second large barn on the north side. There was a large orchard there also. Floyd was a mason and he did much of the stone work in homes and walls in the vicinity. He also entertained at local celebrations by walking the tight rope. Jesse Harrison remembers watching him practice in the barn. The Children of LUCINDA RUPERD and WALTER BEARD are:
MAMIE MABLE BEARD was born December 1881 in Michigan, and died December 20, 1936 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She married GEORGE ARTHUR COSTON, son of GEORGE COSTON and ANNE SHOCKEY. He was born 1875 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died June 26, 1963 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on December 22, 1936, Ferris Center Cemetery. He was buried on June 29, 1963, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of MAMIE BEARD and GEORGE COSTON were:
EDNA B. COSTON, b. 1902.
FLOSSIE COSTON, b. 1904.
STANLEY B. COSTON, b. 1907.
SANFORD M. COSTON, b. 1912, Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan; d. April 19, 1991; m. ETTA MAE SNYDER, April 24, 1935; b. May 16, 1913. Buried on April 21, 1991, Ferris Center Cemetery
GRACE A. COSTON, b. 1913.
FLOYD BEARD who was born in July, 1884 and married IVA FOLEY.
EARL BEARD was born in April 1890.

ADELAIDE RUPERD was the fourth daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born about 1868 in Carroll County Ohio. Her death information is unknown at this time. She married Hiram Vickery on January 30, 1886 in Day, Montcalm Michigan. (The birth information for Adelaide Ruperd was gathered from the International Genealogical Index. (Film # 6142843) that states Adelaide Ruperd was born about 1868 in Carroll, Ohio. Parents: Father: John Bell Ruperd & Mother: Elizabeth Lover. Marriage Notes for Adelaide Ruperd and Hiram Vickery are found in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "B" page 24. The marriage record is held by the State of Michigan, State file number 2-426, record number 3201. George B. Havens, Clergyman, married them. Their witnesses were Frank B. & Della A. Carter. She was 18 years old and he was 28 years old). Also a little story told by Charley Grimwood's son. George Waldron & family lived next door to the Grimwoods on Pine Grove Road. Charley was sweet on his daughter, Ada, when they were young. George Waldron said "no daughter of mine is gonna marry a Grimwood". So off to California she went. Many years later, when they were both widowed, she came back to town. Charley worked at a gas station in Crystal then. He asked her out. Later he asked his sons' opinion about getting married again. Well it looks like Charley had the last laugh as he & Ada did indeed get married. And her father, George, attended the wedding.

SYDNEY ULYSSES RUPERD was the third son of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. He was born about 1875 (calculated from the death record) in Montcalm County Michigan and died on May 9, 1898 at the county home in Montcalm County Michigan. (A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no birth record was filed for him in 1869, 1870, or 1871. This was a search made before the receipt of the death record indicating his birth to be about 1875). Sidney's death record was recorded in book B pg. 109 record # 254 of the Montcalm County Library death books. He died on May 9, 1898. He was a single white 23 year old male. His name is recorded as "Ruport". He worked at the county poor house (where he died) and his father is listed as John, residence Michigan. The county farm, as it was called, was a very large home, (it is still standing), where those without a means of support went to live. If they died there they were most often buried in the cemetery located across from the home. Though the cemetery is not overgrown you can only find an occasional stone number marking a grave. (Information sent to my by Judy Hardy, Montcalm County Library resource). His death certificate is held by the Dept. of State Division of Vital Statistics. The record number is 778.

DELORA M. RUPERD was the fifth daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born on August 09, 1872 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County, Michigan and died on October 14, 1874 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County, Michigan. She was just 2 years, 2 months and 5 days old. A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no birth record was filed for her in either 1871, 1872, or 1873.

EMMA ESTHER MARIA RUPERD (pronounced Mariah) was the sixth daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born on September 22, 1874 in Stanton, Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died on October 02, 1927 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. (Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics, holds the Death record. Certificate # 59 2105, Registered # 7. The death record for Emma lists John B Ruperd & Elizabeth Lour as her parents, both of which are from Williams County Ohio. Her birthplace is listed as Stanton Michigan. Since she was born on September 22, 1874 it is possible to obtain a copy of her birth record. Her cause of death is listed as Pulmonary Tuberculosis. It also indicates that she suffered with this disease for 3 years, 1 month and a couple of days). She married GEORGE HARVEY WALDRON on September 18, 1888 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, (Marriage record shows September 19, 1889 in Crystal, Ferris Twp. Montcalm County Michigan. Ira Stewart, Justice of the peace, married them. Their witnesses were Mary Gureon and Frank Quinley. She was 16 years old and he was 20 years old. The marriage record is held by the State of Michigan, State file number 2-595, record number 576). He was the son of HIRAM WALDRON and MARY HARRISON. He was born September 17, 1869 in Madison Twp., Williams Co., Ohio, and died November 08, 1961 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on October 05, 1927 in Ferris Center Cemetery. He was buried on November 10, 1961 in Ferris Center Cemetery. When Emma was born a neighbor, Rebecca visited often & remarked how clean and comfortable Emma was kept. She is buried in Pine Rest Cemetery in the town of Ferris, in the county of Montcalm in the state of Michigan. Emma Esther Maria (pronounced Mariah) Ruperd was buried on October 05, 1927 at Pine Rest in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County, Michigan. Her husband, George Harvey Waldron was buried in 1961 at Crystal, Montcalm County Michigan. The marriage information for Emma Ruperd and George Waldrom is found in the Early Montcalm Marriages Book "C" page 39. The children of EMMA RUPERD and GEORGE WALDRON are:
ADA CECEL WALDRON was born April 30, 1893 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died November 10, 1961 in Red Bluff, Tehama Co., California. She married (1) WILLIAM WASSON MCCRACKEN December 06, 1911 in Greenville, Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was born August 05, 1861 in Belfast, Allegany Co., New York, and died February 10, 1937 in Red Bluff, Tehama Co., California. She married (2) EARL SWOPE March 04, 1938 in Red Bluff, Tehama Co., California. He was born February 14, 1879 in Kansas, and died May 12, 1945 in Red Bluff, Tehama Co., California. She married (3) CHARLEY G. GRIMMWOOD June 22, 1960 in Crystal, Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was born 1891 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died March 28, 1977 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on November 12, 1961, Oak Hill Cemetery. He was buried on February 12, 1937, Oak Hill Cemetery. He was buried on May 14, 1945, Oak Hill Cemetery. He was buried on March 30, 1977, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of ADA WALDRON and WILLIAM MCCRACKEN were:
ESTHER ANGELIA5 MCCRACKEN, b. November 08, 1913.
ETHEL LILLIAN MCCRACKEN, b. January 01, 1916, Red Bluff, Tehama Co., California.
LENA B. WALDRON was born March 26, 1898 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died July 14, 1983 in Perrinton, Gratiot Co., Michigan. She married ALBERT EDWARD HANSEN April 04, 1915 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was born May 01, 1889 in Trufant, Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died September 27, 1968 in St Ignace, Machinac Co., Michigan. She was buried on July 17, 1983, Cedar Cemetery, Cedarville, Machinac Co., Michigan. He was buried on September 29, 1968, Cedar Cemetery, Cedarville, Machinac Co., Michigan. The children of LENA WALDRON and ALBERT HANSEN were:
RALPH HARVEY5 HANSEN, b. June 15, 1916, Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan; d. January 14, 1986, Maricopa Co., Arizona.
LELA ALBERTA HANSEN, b. May 26, 1918, Home Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan.
IRENE MAE HANSEN, b. March 17, 1920, Martin Twp., Alleghan Co., Michigan.
WALDRON J. HANSEN, b. December 28, 1929, Richland Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan.
BABY BOY HANSEN, b. June 04, 1936.
LILA MURIEL WALDRON was born October 12, 1901, and died October 09, 1976. She married (1) CHARLES DEYOUNG. She married (2) NATHAN E. CLARK August 20, 1925. He was born October 15, 1892. She married (3) WILLIAM G HANSEN October 25, 1947. He was born March 11, 1892 in Spencer Twp., Kent Co., Michigan, and died October 31, 1979.
The child of LILA WALDRON and CHARLES DEYOUNG was:
GEORGE5 DEYOUNG, b. October 22, 1921.
The child of LILA WALDRON and NATHAN CLARK was:
VERSAL EARL CLARK, b. July 30, 1926.
HARVEY EARL WALDRON was born June 23, 1904 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died February 06, 1990 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. He married THELMA I. THOMPSON July 09, 1926. She was born February 05, 1907 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died October 31, 1992 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. He was buried on February 08, 1990, Ferris Center Cemetery. She was buried on November 02, 1992, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of HARVEY WALDRON and THELMA THOMPSON are:
WENDELL WALDRON.
MARJORIE LOUISE WALDRON, b. March 09, 1929.
ELDON JUNIOR WALDRON.
LOIS EVON WALDRON, b. June 03, 1938.
GEORGE ARTHUR WALDRON, b. November 20, 1934.
HARVEY KAY WALDRON, b. April 27, 1942.
CAROLYN LUELLA WALDRON, b. June 1944.
EMERY CARL WALDRON was born September 11, 1906 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died September 11, 1994 in Temple, Bell Co., Texas. He married VELMA MARIE FROST June 21, 1925 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, daughter of THOMAS FROST and HANNAH ROBERTS. She was born 1907 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died September 23, 1986 in Lansing, Michigan. He was buried on September 13, 1994, Taylor City Cemetery, Taylor, Williamson Co., Texas. She was buried on September 26, 1986, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of EMERY WALDRON and VELMA FROST were:
MARCELENE MAY WALDRON, b. 1926.
HELEN WALDRON, b. 1928.
RAYMOND E. WALDRON, b. 1931.
DAWN WALDRON, b. 1944.
LESTER J. WALDRON was born November 29, 1909. He married (1) MARTHA RUEDGER, daughter of REYNOLDS RUEDGER and FLANERS ?. She was born July 02, 1903, and died February 23, 1931. He married (2) FLOSSIE DUKES. He married (3) FRANCIS M TRAYER. She was born 1921. MARTHA RUEDGER was buried on February 25, 1931, Ferris Center Cemetery. The children of LESTER WALDRON and MARTHA RUEDGER were:
MARTHA WALDRON.
GEORGE WALDRON.
The children of LESTER WALDRON and FLOSSIE DUKES were:
FREDA WALDRON.
JOYCE WALDRON.
EMILE WALDRON.
EMERY J. WALDRON.
BARBARA WALDRON.
The children of LESTER WALDRON and FRANCIS TRAYER were:
WENDY KAY WALDRON.
TERRY LEE WALDRON.
L.J. WALDRON.
RANDY WARREN WALDRON, b. September 07, 1953.
DANIEL RICHARD WALDRON.
EVELYN IRETTA WALDRON who was born on September 09, 1913 and died on September 20, 1913.
DAUGHTER WALDRON who was born on August 14, 1915.

EVA LOUELLA RUPERD was the seventh daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born on July 01, 1876 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan, (Some records show birth as July 14, 1876 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County Michigan. Her birth certificate is held by the Dept. of Community Health, Michigan Vital Records. (File # 121-1876005060600163). Certificate was filed on September 1, 1877) and died on September 09, 1962 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. (Her death certificate is held by the Michigan Dept. of Health, Vital Records Section. The state file number is 51674. The local file number is 310 77. She was last living in Crystal Michigan. Cause of death was listed as cancer of the breast & heart valve leakage). She married OSCAR SHIVES on December 24, 1892. He was born 1857 in Ohio, and died 1931 in Crystal Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan. She was buried on September 12, 1962, Crystal Cemetery. He was buried in 1931, Crystal Cemetery. (She was believed to have married George Waldron after OSCAR SHIVES passed away). She died on September 09, 1962 at 7 PM in Crystal, Montcalm County Michigan. She was buried on September 12, 1962in Crystal Cemetery. The children of EVA RUPERD and OSCAR SHIVES were:
OSCAR E. SHIVES was born January 26, 1897 and died March 10, 1935
ALTON SHIVES was born in 1899 and died in 1919.
EVA RUPERT and GEORGE WALDRON were believed to have had one child.
LESTER WALDRON of which nothing is known.

LIVONIA RUPERD (sometimes spelled LAVONIA) was the first daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH SMITH and granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. She was born on October 26, 1891 in Ferris Twp. Montcalm Co., Michigan. (Her birth certificate is held by the Dept. of Community Health, Michigan Vital Records. (File # 121-1891510969201055). Certificate was filed on September 21, 1892) and died on June 09, 1930 in Big Prairie Newago County Michigan. Her death certificate is held by the Michigan Dept. of Health, Vital Records Section. The certificate number is 62 1984, Register number 4. Her father is listed as John Ruphert. She married WARREN WALKER. He was born in 1888 in Michigan. The Reeds adopted her after her mother died and she lived at Hemmingway Lake, Newago County Michigan. She is buried in Day Twp., McBrides Cemetery Michigan. The children of LIVONIA RUPERD and Warren Walker were:
MARY M. WALKER who was born in 1911
WILLIAM WALKER who was born in 1914
MAXINE WALKER
WARREN WALKER JR. - had a son named Tom who married Robin. 419 Burton SE, Grand Rapids Michigan 49507 (Sawmill worker) who was born in 1919
REX WALKER who was born 1917

SAMPSON RUPERD was the first son of JOHN BELL RUPERD & SARAH SCOTT and grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT & MARY STULLER. He was born on August 20, 1896 in Ferris Twp., Montcalm County Michigan. (His birth certificate is held by the Dept. of Community Health, Michigan Vital Records. (File # 121-1896509869703635). Certificate was filed on July 10, 1897). Sam was adopted out and was believed to have died at a very young age. The state of Michigan requires that the birth record is 100 years old before it is considered an open record. Since the birth record was stamped "Deceased" I was able to receive it from the State of Michigan.

WILLIAM RUPERD was the third generation of RUPERD's descending from CHRISTIAN RUPERT (CHRISTIAN RUPERT being the first generation). The children of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON are followed in detail because this is the direct bloodline of the author.

LUCY BELL RUPERD was the first daughter of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. She was born on June 18, 1880 in Stanton, Montcalm County Michigan. She is listed as being born in Ferris Twp. in the town of Roscommon, Montcalm County Michigan. Her birth record held by Montcalm County clerk's office. Record # 540, local file B-149. Dated June 18, 1880.

HANNAH MAE RUPERD was the second daughter of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. She was born on August 14, 1882 in Stanton, Montcalm County Michigan. She is listed as being born in Ferris Twp. in the town of Roscommon, Montcalm County Michigan. Her birth record held by Montcalm County clerk's office. Record # 1106, local file B-185. Dated August 11, 1882.

EMILY PRISCILLA RUPERD was the third daughter of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. She was born on January 03, 1886 according to her death record. A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no birth record was filed for her. She died on January 15, 1930 in Dollarville, McMillan Twp., Luce County Michigan. The Michigan Dept of Health Division of Vital Records holds her death record. The file number is 48 585. She was buried in Newberry on January 16, 1930. She married Louis Carpenter. She died of apoplexy.

ALBERT RUPERD was the first son of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. He was born on July 13, 1889 (some records say 1890 in Stanton, Michigan) in Pine Grove, Ferris Twp., Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died on January 26, 1979 in Howell, Livingston Co., Michigan. He was the twin of Alfred D Ruperd. He married (1) HAZEL DOYLE. He married (2) EDNA ALICE FERRIS on August 17, 1912 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan. She was born on May 30, 1894 in Alba, Antrim Co., Michigan, and died on August 27, 1951 in Petosky, Emmet Co., Michigan. He was buried on January 29, 1979, Lakeview Cemetery. EDNA ALICE FERRIS was buried on August 29, 1951, Maple Lawn Cemetery, Boyne City. ALBERT RUPERD is listed as being born in Ferris Twp., Roscommon, Montcalm County Michigan. (Birth record held by Montcalm County clerk's office. Record # 251, local file D-17. Listed as a twin dated July 13, 1890). He applied for his social security number on December 3, 1936. He was living at Avenue A west three blocks in the city of Newberry in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan. The Barrett Logging Company employed him.
(From the History of the Tahquamenon Falls Brewery and Pub at Camp 33). The Tahquamenon River was made famous in the Longfellow poem Hiawatha. According to Indian lore, the origin of the name Tahquamenon is attributed to the water's amber color, which is a result of the leaching of tannic acid from the cedar and hemlock swamps. The Tahquamenon is special in many ways. One little known fact is that it is the largest waterfall, second in size to Niagara, east of the Mississippi.
One favorite leisure time activity for Jack and Mimi Barrett, grandparents of the current owners, was to make frequent trips canoeing, portaging and camping as they traversed their way from their home in Newberry along the river to the falls. Their love for the area compelled them to purchase the land adjacent to the falls. All the while, Jack dreamed of a time when the Tahquamenon Falls and forest could be made available for all to experience. Up to this point in time, mid 20th century, the falls were inaccessible except by boat. When the time was right, he orchestrated the construction of a road to the site and then negotiated with the Department of Natural Resources for the sale of his land to be used specifically for a State Park. A restriction in the deed directed that the road and parking lot would terminate 3/4 of a mile from the falls and that visitors would proceed on foot, thus preserving the park's natural beauty and virgin forest.
So what exactly is Camp 33? Logging camps were often given numbers rather than names and this camp rightfully received the name Camp 33 as it was the 33rd logging camp the Barrett Logging Company was to construct. In 1950 a replica of a logging camp was constructed under the watchful eye of Jack Barrett; it was to serve the public as an eating and resting-place. In 1990, Lark and Barrett Ludlow, the grandchildren of Jack and Mimi Barrett rebuilt Camp 33 and dedicated the new structures to the man whose foresight and philanthropy made possible the experience we all enjoy today. In 1996, the Brewery and Pub were built in keeping with the founder's vision. The focal point of all structures is the fire... a logging camp must! The warmth of the fire can now be enjoyed in all seasons. The Social Security Administration Office holds ALBERT RUPERD's Social Security Application in the city of Baltimore in the state of Maryland. (SSI # 376-09-9322) He was a resident of the town of Dollarville in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan. He was living at 221 N Tompkins St in the city of Howell in the county of Livingston in the state of Michigan when he passed away. He was last alive at the McPherson Community Health Center. His trade is listed on his death certificate as Retired Millwright and sawyer for the lumber industry. Doctor William D Earl pronounced him dead at 11:45 AM on January 27, 1979. His death certificate is held by the State of Michigan Department of Public Health. The state file number is 0003347. Burial: January 29, 1979, Lakeview Cemetery, Howell, Livingston County, Michigan. His cause of death is recorded as Acute Circulatory Failure, complicated by Acute Cardiac Arrest and Passive Congestive Heart Failure. Edward P Leich married ALBERT RUPERD and EDNA FERRIS. (Marriage certificate held by the State of Michigan. State file # 3-360, Record # 739). She was born on May 30, 1894 in Alba Michigan and died on August 27, 1951 in Petoskey Michigan. She is buried in Maple Lawn Cemetery in Boyne City Michigan. The children of ALBERT RUPERD and HAZEL DOYLE were:
MIKE RUPERD
HAZEL RUPERD
The children of ALBERT RUPERD and EDNA FERRIS were:
LULA BELLE RUPERD was born on September 12, 1914 in Luce County Michigan and died on August 14, 1973 in Lansing, Ingham Co., Michigan. She is buried in Deepdale Cemetery in Lansing Michigan. She married GLEN W. SMITH (date unknown) in Charlevoix County Michigan. He was born on October 24, 1910 and died on May 19, 1967. He is buried in Deepdale Cemetery in Lansing Michigan. She was buried in Deepdale Cemetery in Lansing Michigan on Friday August 17, 1973 at 2:30 PM. The death announcement reads: Mrs Lulu B. Smith 1021 Lathrop. Born September 12, 1914 Dollarville Michigan - Died August 14, 1973 Lansing Michigan. Services held at Gorsline-Runciman Lansing Chapel - Friday, August 17, 1973 2:30 P.M. Officiating Pastor Fred G. Gerhardt, Miller Road Bible Church. Music Mrs. Lois Bykerk - organist. Internment - Deepdale Memorial Park. Casket bearers: Michael Chapman - Oren Moore - John Kent - Ralph Harman - Richard Rippley - Carl Guernsey. Lulu and Glen had one son.
GLEN A SMITH - He married a woman named Ruth (date unknown). They had three children.
PEGGY J. SMITH
JAMES G SMITH
MICHAEL SMITH

ALBERT LOUIE RUPERD was born on April 23, 1916 and died on December 13, 1917 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan (although information from Oren Moore states that a notation in his mother's bible indicates the death as April 1918).. He was buried on December 15, 1917, Forest Home Cemetery. He died of Spinal Meningitis. He is buried in Luce County, Michigan. He is buried in the cemetery located between Dollarville and Newberry Michigan. The marker is weather-beaten and cannot be read.

HELEN VIRGINIA RUPERD was born on May 10, 1918 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan and died on May 19, 1992 in Boyne Falls, Charlevoix Co., Michigan. She was buried in Boyne Valley, Boyne Falls Michigan on May 23, 1992 at 10 AM. She married Basil Oren Moore (no date). He was born on September 11, 1910 and he died on December 3, 1979. He is buried in Maple Lawn Cemetery in Boyne City Michigan. They were divorced and she remarried Forrest Wilfred Harmon. The death announcement reads: In Memory of HELEN V. HARMON: Date of Birth MAY 10, 1918: Date of Death MAY 19, 1992: Hour and Date of Service 10:00 A.M. MAY 23, 1992: Held at SCOTT WILSON MEMORIAL CHAPEL: Clergy MR. GARY L. WACKLER: Internment BOYNE VALLEY CEMETERY BOYNE FALLS MICHIGAN: Arrangements by WILSON MILLER FUNERAL HOME. The child of Helen and Basil was:
BASIL OREN MOORE JR. He was born on November 23, 1935. He married VIRGINIA M. BABCOCK (divorced). He married URSULA M. GRABMAYER who was born December 31, 1938. The children of BASIL OREN MOORE and VIRGINIA BABCOCK were:
BRIAN DUANE MOORE who married MARJORIE GARRET.
JORI LEE MOORE who married GLEN COSTER. They are divorced with two children.
The child of BASIL OREN MOORE and URSULA GRABMAYER was
STEPHER ERIC MOORE

BERT JOHN RUPERD was born on April 24, 1920 Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan and died on September 23 1980 in Charlotte, Eaton Co., Michigan. He is buried in Maple Hill Cemetery in Charlotte Michigan on Friday September 26, 1980 at 2PM. He entered the service on March 28, 1941 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He took an active part in the Marianas Campaign. His decorations and citations were listed as, 5 overseas bars, American Defense Service Ribbon, Good Conduct Ribbon, Asiatic Pacific Ribbon with 1 battle star. Served a total of 4 years 1 month and 25 days. Discharged 5-22-1945 from Fort Sheridan, Illinois. He married EVA HUNSAKER who is still living. The death announcement reads: BERT JOHN RUPERD, April 24, 1920 - September 23, 1980: Services - Friday, September 26, 1980 2:00 P.M. Pray Funeral Home Charlotte Michigan. Officiating Rev. Z. William Colson. Organist Ella Nevins - Internment Maple Hill Cemetery Charlotte Michigan. Graveside Services Charlotte Lodge #120, F. & A. M. Casket Bearers - Merle Ald - Max Harvey - Stephen Fajnor - Milton Backofen -Edward Dunning - Ronald Hannold. The twin children adopted by Bert and Eva are:
JANICE RUPERD who is still living.
JOYCE RUPERD who is still living.

KATE PRISCILLA RUPERD was born on December 21, 1921 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan and died on September 21 1976. She married STANLEY KENT. He was born on an unknown date and died on April 21, 1991. (Information received from Eva Ruperd indicates that Kate was born on September 21, 1921 and died on September 21, 1976). The service was held on Friday September 24 1976 at 1PM. The death announcement reads: In Memory of Kate P. Kent - Date of Birth December 21, 1921 - Date of Death September 21 1976. Services From Charles J Burden & Son Funeral Home. Friday, September 24, 1976 - 1:00 P.M. Officiating Rev. Carl Benes - Cremation. Organist - Mrs. George Tedder. The child of KATE PRISCILLA RUPERD and STANLEY KENT was:
JOHN C KENT who married MARY and had one child.
SHAWN DANIEL KENT.

CECIL GERALD RUPERD was born on January 8, 1924 in Boyne County Michigan. (Buster Pete was a nickname, not used often. Called Buck). He married Mettie Lee Gallup. “Granddad Ruperd nick-named me Bucky and Aunt Abby called me Buster Pete”. (Told to me by Cecil Gerald). (Mr. Cecil G. Ruperd – 2525 E. Calvert Jill Rd – Columbia, Missouri 65202-8688 – (573) 696-2656) Buck and Mettie are still living and prefer not to have any personal information written except that they had one child:
CECIL GERALD (Buzzy) RUPERD II was born on September 29,1952 in Alpena Michigan and died in a car accident on April 14, 1970 in Boone County Missouri..

EDNA ARLENE RUPERD was born May 10, 1935 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan. She married JERRY GALLIMORE. A marriage record for Noble County Indiana marriages lists EDNA ARLENE RUPERD, daughter of EDNA A. FERRIS, marrying JERRY GALLIMORE, (Book # 40 no date). (Information received from Eva Ruperd indicates that Edna was Arlene was born to Edna Alice Ferris Ruperd in Boyne City Michigan and lived with her mother in Boyne City, Charlevoix County Michigan as long as Edna Alice was alive). They are still living and prefer not to have any personal information written except that they have three children.
DIANA LOU GALLIMORE
JERRY W. GALLIMORE JR.
MARK DWAYNE GALLIMORE

ALBERT RUPERD and EDNA ALICE FERRIS were divorced and he married HAZEL DOYLE. ALBERT RUPERD and HAZEL DOYLE had one son:
MIKE RUPERD who was believed to have died.
HAZEL DOYLE eventually remarried DICK GOULD and was last known to be living in Harrison Michigan.

ALFRED D. RUPERD was the second son of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER was born on July 13, 1889 in Pine Grove, Montcalm County, Michigan and died on August 06, 1971, Newberry, Luce County, Michigan. (Some records have shown he was born in 1890). He was the twin of ALBERT D RUPERD. He married ZADIE M. WITTENMYER on October 12, 1910 in Roscommon, Roscommon Co., Michigan. She was born 1893 in Ohio, and died 1975 in Newberry, Luce Co., Michigan. He was buried on August 09, 1971 at Forest Home Cemetery. She was buried in 1975 at Forest Home Cemetery. He is listed as being born in Ferris Twp. in the town of Roscommon in the county of Montcalm in the state of Michigan. (Birth record held by Montcalm County county clerk's office. Record # 252, local file D-17. Listed as a twin dated July 13, 1890). He applied for his social security number on December 11, 1936. He was living in the city of Newberry in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan. He was employed by the Estate of Andrew Westin. His social Security Application is held by the Social Security Administration Office in the city of Baltimore in the state of Maryland. (SSI # 376-09-4995) He was living C.D. Rd 405 in the town of Newberry in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan when he passed away. The Hospital where he passed away was located at 15015 Seymour Rd in the township of Argentine in the county of Genesee in the state of Michigan. Doctor D. J. Bailey pronounced him dead at 6 AM on August 6, 1971. His widow was the informant. He was a laborer in the logging industry. (Death certificate held by the State of Michigan Department of Public Health. Certificate # 47839, local file # 133). He was buried on August 09, 1971 at Forest Home Cemetery, Newberry, Luce County, Michigan. The cause of Death was listed as Cor. Pulmonale & Pneumonia complicated by Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease and generalized Arteriosclerosis. Rev. Ethridge married ALFRED D. RUPERD and ZADIE M. WITTENMYER. (Certificate held by the State of Michigan. State file # 4-4, Record # 343). The children of ALFRED RUPERD and ZADIE WITTENMYER were:
GEORGE WILLIAM RUPERD was born in 1912.
ALFREDA CATHERINE RUPERD was born on December 02, 1914.
MILDRED MAE RUPERD was born on March 05, 1916.
EMMA IOLA RUPERD was born on March 23, 1918.
LAWRENCE RUPERD was born on 1920. (Listed as a Still Born. Most likely the year of this event was 1920).
CALVIN VERN RUPERD was born on March 18, 1923. He married SYLVIA STRATTON. The children of CALVIN VERN RUPERD and SYLVIA STRATTON were DURANGO RUPERD who had four children. (DANIEL RUPERD, JASON RUPERD, WENDY RUPERD, and TABATHA RUPERD), MELVIN RUPERD, LAURA RUPERD, PATRICIA RUPERD, and HARVEY EUGENE RUPERD who was born on June 29, 1952. (Believed to be an adopted son)
LOUELLA JANE RUPERD was born on July 23, 1925.
MARY ALICE RUPERD was born on December 26, 1927. It is said that she was a preemie and did not live.
EDWARD ARTHUR RUPERD was born on May 14, 1929 and died in June 1981(365-24-6766).
CARL RUPERD was born on February 24, 1931 and died in 1931. The cause of death was listed as Pneumonia.
BETTY LOU RUPERD was born on June 07, 1932.

WILLIAM RAY RUPERD was the third son of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. He was born on June 13, 1892 in Crystal Lake, Montcalm Co., Michigan, and died April 24, 1933 in Lakefield, Luce Co., Michigan. He married EMMA JANE WEBB October 03, 1912 in Portsmouth, Scioto Co., Ohio, daughter of AMOS WEBB and AMERICA BROWN. She was born November 04, 1896 in Ironton, Lawrence Co., Ohio, and died November 15, 1973 in Kenosha, Kenosha Co., Wisconsin. He was buried on April 26, 1933 at Forest Home Cemetery Newberry. She was buried on November 17, 1973 at Forest Home Cemetery Newberry. WILLIAM RAY RUPERD (a.k.a. WILLIE RAY RUPERD) was a common laborer. Exactly where he worked and for whom is not known. His grandson Arshel Ruperd told me that Willie worked for the county roads in Northern Michigan. Arshel also said that he believes that WILLIAM RAY fell from the back of a county truck and landed on his back so hard that he sucked in the cold Michigan air and died of frozen lung. Though he was born in Michigan he met and married his wife in the lower part of the state of Ohio. What took him to those parts is unknown. However it could have had something to do with the lumber industry in the state of Michigan. For instance, it is known that the Antrim Lumber Company would send trains to the southern parts of Ohio and Kentucky to recruit workers. It is possible WILLIAM RAY was on one of the trains that stopped in Scioto County Ohio where EMMA JANE WEBB lived. Judging by the date of their marriage and the birth of their first son WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT, WILLIAM RAY would have gotten EMMA pregnant before they were married. For whatever reason he was in southern Ohio in 1912. He was living in Lakefield Twp. in the county of Luce in the state of Michigan when he passed away. (The State of Michigan Division of Vital Statistics holds the death certificate. Certificate # 48 1077, Register # 4). WILLIAM RAY RUPERD's burial was on April 26, 1933, in Newberry of Luce County, Michigan. The death record stated the cause of death as Acute defibulation of Heart (sudden death), Angine Pectorsis. It does not indicate an accident of any kind.
Birth record held by the probate court of Lawrence County Ohio, Record 478, shows EMMA JANE WEBB born to AMOS WEBB & AMERICA BROWN in Elizabeth, Lawrence County Ohio. EMMA JANE WEBB was known to have married three times. She originally was the wife of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD. The second husband was believed to have been named ORAH NELSON PRITCHARD. Her third husband's name was JACK MARGESON. Her migration was from Lawrence County Ohio to Scioto County Ohio. On the 1900 census for Scioto County Ohio her family is listed as follows:
Amos Webb b. August 1862 Place - Ohio
America b. May 1872 Place - Ohio
Emma b. November 1896 Place - Ohio
She met WILLIE RAY in Scioto County and married there. She lived at Box 8 Traumick Michigan when she applied for her social security number on May 7 1945. Her name is listed as "EMMA JANE PRITCHARD" on the application. When WILLIE RAY died in 1933 EMMA remarried at least once and it was believed twice (although there is now physical proof of the other marriage). Her social security application is held be the Social Security Administration Office in Baltimore Maryland. Her Social Security # was 382-26-9762. She was living at 3100 Washington Rd at the Washington Manor Nursing Home in the city of Kenosha in the state of Wisconsin when she passed away. Her Grandson WAYNE RUPERT and his wife CATHERINE THOMPSON, along with their three children MICHAEL, TIMOTHY, & KENNETH lived in Racine at the same time and never visited her. (Personal testimony of the division of the Ruperd / Hood family split). Doctor Roman Bilak pronounced her dead on November 17, 1973. Her body was taken back to Newberry Michigan for burial in Forest Home Cemetery. (Her death certificate is held by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Social Services Division of Health. State death # 73 035104, local file # 760). Her burial was held on November 17, 1973, Newberry, Luce County, Michigan. The cause of her death was Bronchiole Pneumonia.
WILLIE RUPERD and EMMA WEBB were married in Scioto County Ohio, License # 917. He listed as living in Ross County Ohio and she as living at Scioto Farms in Scioto Ohio. The marriage application lists EMMA as 16 years of age. This is not anything interesting unless the calculations are correctly done. She was born on November 4, 1896. That means she would be 16 on November 4, 1912. However WILLIE RUPERD and EMMA WEBB were married on October 3, 1912. EMMA was only 15 years old when the application was made and when she was married. The marriage application lists her as being born on September 14. It is noted that her mother gave consent for the marriage in open court. There is a pattern of this type of behavior linked to both the RUPERD side and the HOOD side of the father's family. (See BOSTON HOOD & EDITH PRICHARD, WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT & MAY E. HOOD. It is also believed that WILLIAM RUPERD's father JOHN RUPERD married ELIZABETH LOWER when she was under age, although there is no proof that ELIZABETH was pregnant before they married.)
EMMA JANE was married two times after the death of WILLIE RAY in 1933. She married ORAH NELSON PRITCHARD, (no relation to EDITH PRICHARD of the HOOd Family lineage). ORAH NELSON PRITCHARD was originally from West Virginia. It is believed that EMMA’s second husband was part Cherokee Indian. Sylvia (who was always known by the name Tootie) said that ORAH PRITCHARD had been married once before marrying EMMA. He has a daughter who still lives in Munising Michigan. (HELEN SUMMERVILLE). He had another daughter (VIRGINIA BELL) who is deceased. ORAH spent 10 years in prison for rape. EMMA married a third husband named JACK MARGESON. She was married on the same day as her grandson ALBERT RUPERD and SYLVIA. The children of WILLIAM RUPERD and EMMA WEBB were:
WILLIAM AMOS RUPERD, b. August 25, 1913, Pompeii, Newark Twp., Gratiot Co., Michigan; d. December 28, 1983, Escanaba, Delta Co., Michigan.
LILA PAMELIA RUPERD, b. September 07, 1914.
ALBERT EDWARD RUPERD, b. March 26, 1916, Roscommon, Roscommon Co., Michigan; d. October 1979.
EMMA AMERICA RUPERD, b. August 31, 1918; d. September 12, 1918.
VIOLET ARTHIE RUPERD, b. December 16, 1919; d. July 28, 1921. She was buried on July 30, 1921
ARSHEL ROY RUPERD, b. March 27, 1922.
JESSE ARLINGTON RUPERD, b. March 17, 1924, McMillan Twp., Luce Co., Michigan; d. April 07, 1996, Chicago, Cook Co., Illinois.
VIRGINIA YEVONNA RUPERD, b. May 16, 1927.
The children of EMMA JANE (nee. WEBB) RUPERD and ORAH NELSON PRITCHARD were:
ORAH PRITCHARD
FRANCIS PRITCHARD
SHIRLEY PRITCHARD

LILLY ETHEL RUPERD was the fourth daughter of WILLIAM RUPERD & PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON and grand daughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD & ELIZABETH LOUER. She was born on March 08, 1895. A letter from the State of Michigan, Dept. of Community Health, Vital Records Division indicates that no birth record was filed for her.

WILLIAM RAY RUPERD was a fourth generation descendant of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER (CHRISTIAN RUPERT being the first generation). His children are listed below in detail because this is the direct bloodline of the author.

WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT was the first son of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born on August 25, 1913 in Pompeii, Newark Twp., Gratiot County Michigan, and died on December 28, 1983 in Escanaba, Delta County Michigan. He married MAY E. HOOD July 04, 1936 in Gladstone, Delta County Michigan, daughter of BOSTON HOOD and EDITH PRICHARD. She was born on April 24, 1919 in Mancelona Camp #14, Antrim County Michigan, and died on May 11, 1942 in Detroit's Receiving Hospital, Detroit, Wayne County Michigan. He was buried on January 03, 1984 in Bark River Cemetery. She was buried on May 13, 1942 in Pine Rest Cemetery in Livonia, Wayne County Michigan outside of Detroit. It is known that William was a WWII era veteran, however he did not serve in any overseas assignments. The Detroit Regional Office of the Veterans Administration will be contacted to see if any information concerning his enlistment can be attained. (Patrick V. McNamara Federal Bldg. 477 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI 48226).
William Amos Ruperd was born on August 25, 1913 at 8 AM in the town of Pompeii in the township of Newark in the county of Gratiot in the state of Michigan. The certificate of birth shows his name spelled as RUPPERT. Dr B. C. Hall was the attending medical doctor. (His birth certificate is held by the state of Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Records. Register # 22, State Office # 28 264). Gratiot County is located east of Montcalm County where his father WILLIE RAY was born. He received his social security number on November 2, 1936, (369-03-4977) while working for N. W. Cooperage & Labor Company of Gladstone Michigan. His name appears on the social security application as WILLIAM AMOS RUPERD. His Post Office was listed as the town of Rapid River in the county of Delta in the state of Michigan. He and his family were living at 3516 National Avenue in the city of Detroit in the county of Wayne in the state of Michigan in 1942. He joined the Army of the United States of America on November 27, 1942 and received an honorable discharge on October 17, 1944. His service number was 36-547-815. His last grade rank or rating was Private. (His name is listed as William A. Ruppert) He worked as a heavy equipment operator for a road construction company in the state of Illinois after 1944. He was known to not stay in one place for too long as he was known to travel throughout the UP of Michigan.
He was found dead in his 1968 Chevrolet pickup truck on December 28, 1983 at 8 AM in the town of Escanaba in the county of Delta in the state of Michigan. He was pronounced dead by Dr. Steven E. Lindahl at 8 PM in Saint Francis Hospital in the town of Escanaba in the county of Delta in the state of Michigan. He was buried on January 3, 1984 at Bark River Cemetery in the town of Bark River in the county of Delta in the state of Michigan. (Death Certificate held by the State of Michigan Department of Health Division of Vital Records. State file # 0074703). The cause of death was listed as a Massive Left Hemothorax as a consequence of a Ruptured Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. Crawford Funeral Home located at 302 South 13th Street, Escanaba, Delta County Michigan handled the arrangements. The following text is from a letter sent to William's son Wayne describing the tragic remains of William's shattered life.
"Dear Wayne, Enclosed are copies of the obituary, the death certificate and the 1983 registration of William's pickup truck. William's truck is now parked in the parking lot of the Escanaba Public Safety Department. Enclosed is a picture of the truck, it is in deplorable condition and the interior of the camper is very untidy. It appears that William has been living in the camper for a long period of time, I have heard that it was years. William had been parking the truck in his friend's yards and lately he had it parked in the parking lot of a local café. When the people in the café did not see him all day of the 28th of December, they then called the Public Safety Department. When they opened the camper they found him dead. I have taken two pictures of William after his funeral service was complete. If you would like these pictures just write to me and I will send to you at no charge. We have applied to the Veterans Administration for funds to apply towards his funeral. This application also includes a grave marker. When the marker arrives I will place it on his grave and will also take a picture of this id you so desire. For our records we would appreciate it if you would sign our authorization form giving us permission to bury William. There will be no cost to you. The Escanaba Public Safety Department would also like your permission to dispose of Williams's truck and his possessions in it. If you have any questions please write me or call me. Sincerely, Donald J Crawford."
His burial took place on January 03, 1984, Bark River Cemetery, Delta County, Michigan. It is believed that he met his wife MAY E. HOOD in a logging camp in Luce county as this would put the RUPERD'S and the HOOD'S in the same location in 1935. RUTH, as she was known, was four months pregnant when she and WILLIAM were married on July 4, 1936. (The State of Michigan Department of Health Division of Vital Records holds the marriage license. License # 21-3371 dated 1936). WILLIAM 's name is recorded as WILLIAM AMOS RUPERD. He is shown as 22 years of age and RUTH is listed as 17 years of age. They resided in the town of Rapid River in the county of Delta in the state of Michigan at the time of their marriage. Rev. Ira W. Cargo joined them together in marriage. Witnesses were Mrs. Louise Lathrop of Delton Michigan and Mrs. Nina Cargo of Gladstone Michigan. WILLIAM was listed as a laborer and RUTH was listed as a "home girl". The children of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD were:
WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT was born on December 10, 1936 in Escanaba, Delta County Michigan. See detailed information below.
EDITH DARLENE RUPERD was born in 1938 in Escanaba, Delta Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.
WILLIAM AMOS RUPERD JR was born in 1940 believed to be in Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.
JERRY LEE RUPERD was born in 1942 believed to be in Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan. See detailed information below.

LILA PAMELIA RUPERD was the first son of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on September 07, 1914.

ALBERT EDWARD RUPERD was the second son of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on March 26, 1916 in Roscommon, Roscommon County Michigan and died in October 1979. His last known address was Rathdrum, Kootenai County Idaho. He applied for his social security number on December 11, 1936. His U.S. Employment Service Registration Number was 2691-12884. He was living at 636 St. Antoine St. in the city of Detroit in the county of Wayne in the state of Michigan. He was employed by Packard Motor Cars at 1580 E Grand Blvd. (The Social Security Administration Office holds his social Security Application in the city of Baltimore in the state of Maryland. SSI # 376-09-9607). It appears that Albert married a woman named Sylvia who now lives in Idaho. They were married on the same day as Emma Jane (Webb) (Ruperd) Pritchard and Jack Margeson. They were witnesses for each others marriages that were held in Gladstone Michigan.

EMMA AMERICA RUPERD was the second daughter of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on August 31, 1918 and died on September 12, 1918.

VIOLET ARTHIE RUPERD was the third daughter of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on December 16, 1919 and died on July 28, 1921. She was buried on July 30, 1921.

ARSHEL ROY RUPERD was the third son of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on March 27, 1922. He had Arshel Ruperd JR who married his cousin, Donna Ruperd's daughter Sharon. They had one child Arshel Ruperd III.

DONNA RUPERD was the fourth daughter of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). I received information from Donna's daughter Shirley, who married her cousin Arshel Ruperd JR. Donna married a Mr. Gereau. They issued Shirley Gereau. (847) 625 1708

JESSE ARLINGTON RUPERD was the fourth son of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCILLA DELORA WALDRON. He was born March 17, 1924 in McMillan Twp., Luce County Michigan, and died April 07, 1996 in Chicago, Cook County Illinois. (His SSI # was 380-16-8082. Held by the Social Security Administration in Baltimore) He married CHARLOTTE MAE DAISEY March 23, 1948 in Zion, Lake County Illinois. She was the daughter of DONALD DAISY and SARAH EDWARDS. She was born 1926 in Zion, Lake County Illinois. The children of Jesse Ruperd and Charlotte Daisy (with descendants) are:
STEPHEN LEE RUPERD was born (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. He married CONSTANCE M. LARSON on March 16, 1969 in Antioch, Illinois. She was born (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. The children of Stephen & Constance are Stephine Dawna RUPERD b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois, and Matthew Chris RUPERD b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
TAMERA JEAN RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Frank J. Vioski before 1964. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Jerry D. Powles October 17, 1964 in Zion, Lake Co, Illinois. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.The children of Tamera & Jerry are Jerry Dewaine Powles b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois and Tommy Dewaine Powles b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois
CONSTANCE ANN RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Larry R. Love on June 9, 1973 in Lake Villa, Illinois. He was born on (Private) in Gary, Indiana. The children of Constance and Larry are Christian Ann Love b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois and Benjamin Joseph Love b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
TERRY LOU RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Thomas L. Waldron on AUG 10, 1979 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. He was born on (Private) in Chicago, Illinois
CHERYL RAE RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Robert A. Hook on May 2, 1970 in Zion, Lake Co, Illinois. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. The children of Cheryl and Robert are Tobin Mathew Hook b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois and Randy Alan Hook b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
DEDRA LENORE RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Joseph W. Green on August 21, 1988 in Lyons, Wisconsin. He was born on (Private) in Chicago, Illinois
KEVIN DONALD RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. He married Michelle M. Smith on May 17, 1986 in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois. She was born on (Private) in Kenosha Co, Wisconsin.
LISA LEIGH RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married David L. Steplyk on Dec 8, 1990 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. The children of Lisa and David are Alex Andrew Steplyk b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois and Tess Melissa Steplyk b: Private in Kenosha, Kenosha Co, Wisconsin
TONI MARIE RUPERD was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. She married Gene Palmer about 1982 in Oakland Park, Florida. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. The child of Toni and Gene is Jessica Leigh PALMER b: Private in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She married Howard Meyers on March 18, 1989 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. He was born on (Private) in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois. The children of Toni and Howard are Jake Jonathan Meyers b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois and Eric Wayne Meyers b: Private in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.

VIRGINIA YEVONNA RUPERD was the fifth daughter of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB and granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (Great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and Great Great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on May 16, 1927.

WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT was a fifth generation descendant of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER (CHRISTIAN RUPERT being the first generation). His children are followed in detail because this is the author's direct bloodline.

WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT was the first son of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born December 10, 1936 in Escanaba, Delta, Michigan. He married CATHERINE ESTELLE THOMPSON on September 25, 1959 in Landover Hills, Prince Georges County, Maryland. She was the daughter of ROBERT JEFFERSON THOMPSON and MARY ELLEN COX. She was born February 04, 1938 in Washington DC Capital of the United States.
WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT was born at 11PM on December 10, 1936 at Saint Francis Hospital in Escanaba, Delta County Michigan. (His birth certificate is held by the state of Michigan Department of Health, Division of Vital Records. Register # 489 / State Office # 121-7232). The attending physician was Dr. Otto Hull. His family moved to Detroit sometime around 1940 where his father took a job in the ball-bearing plant. It was in Detroit where his mother contracted tuberculosis and passed away. WAYNE recalls living in deplorable conditions where snow would fall through the holes in the roof of his home. He says that him recollections of Detroit are few but one event stands out in his mind. He remembers dropping lit matches through the holes in the floorboards of his home. After his mother died he and his sister Edith were sent to live with their father's mother EMMA JANE REBBrd in Northern Michigan. He and his sister lived there for several years and then they moved in with their Maternal Grandparents EDITH and BOSTON HOOD. This was in the town of Newberry Michigan, which is in Luce County. He dropped out of high school around the time of his tenth year of school and went to live with his father in Chicago Illinois. He and his sister returned to Newberry under the cover of dark after running away from their father's home in Illinois. In 1956 he joined the Air Force and was stationed in South Korea. After his tour of duty he was then stationed at Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Prince Georges Maryland.
CATHERINE ESTELLE THOMPSON was born on February 4, 1938 at 1109 Robinson Street S. W. in the city of Washington D.C., the Capitol of the United States of America. (Notification of Birth Registration # 411,838 held by the Department of Commerce Bureau of the Census Washington DC) The attending physician was Dr. Price. Rev. J. F. Beever baptized her on March 20, 1938 at St. Dominic Catholic Church on 630 E Street S. W. Washington D. C. Witnesses were her Grandparents ARCHIE SAMUEL COX and LOTTIE ELIZABETH (NALLY) COX. The family lived at 1109 Robinson Street until 1955 when her parents bought their first home at 5000 Surrey Lane in Glenridge, Prince Georges County Maryland. She graduated from St. Patricks Academy in Washington, DC in June 1956. She lived at 5000 Surrey Lane until she was married.
WAYNE accepted a civilian position as an Air Traffic Controller after his honorable discharge from the United States Air Force. WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT met CATHERINE ESTELLE THOMPSON at the Bladensburg Skating Rink in 1958. The Skating Rink has since burned down. They were engaged in the spring 1959 on a date, while they were eating an Eddie Leonard's sandwich, lying on a blanket at Anacostia Park. (Marriage License # 18860) Rev. Lawrence Wimpe married them on September 25, 1959 at 7 PM at St. Mary's Catholic Church at 7401 Buchanan Street in Landover Hills, Prince Georges County Maryland. Their reception was at CATHERINE'S parent's home 5000 Surrey Lane, Glenridge, Prince Georges County Maryland. The family moved from the Washington DC area to the Pittsburgh area in 1965. They homesteaded in Corriopolis Pennsylvania until 1969 when they moved to Racine Wisconsin. The family moved because of job relocations. They lived in Wisconsin until the winter of 1977 when in a driving blizzard they moved to Columbus Ohio. The snowdrifts alone the interstates were higher than the tractor-trailers that were littered along the highway.
President Ronald Reagan fired WAYNE from his position as an Air Traffic Controller in 1981 after the Professional Air Traffic Controller's Organization (PACTO) called an illegal strike against the United States Government. By this time MICHAEL was on his own working at Stumps Grocery Store as a night clerk stocking the shelves, TIMOTHY was contemplating joining the United States Army and KENNETH was finishing up High School and working for Arby's Restaurant. By 1983 MICHAEL had a place of his own, TIMOTHY was in the Army and KENNETH was in Basic Training at Fort Know Kentucky. WAYNE and CATHERINE moved back to Laurel Maryland because of job relocation and the ill health of CATHERINE'S mother MARY ELLEN THOMPSON. In June of 1999 CATHERINE retired from Bell Atlantic after 22 years of service and WAYNE retired from Chevy Chase Bank. WAYNE and CATHERINE have moved to Littlestown Pennsylvania to live out the rest of their years.
In recent years WAYNE has been diagnosed with Transverse Mylitous w/Relapsing-Remitting MS and Under-active Thyroid. Signs of this condition first appeared while the family was living in Pataskala Ohio. CATHERINE has most recently been treated for High-Blood Pressure. The adult children of WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT and CATHERINE ESTELLE THOMPSON are:
MICHAEL WAYNE RUPERT was born on September 03, 1960 in Bethsada Navel Hospital Montgomery County Maryland.
TIMOTHY ALLEN RUPERT was born on October 08, 1962 in Prince Georges County Hospital, Cheverly Prince Georges County Maryland.
KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT was born on April 23, 1964 in Prince Georges County Hospital, Cheverly Prince Georges County Maryland.

EDITH DARLENE RUPERD was the first daughter of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the granddaughter of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great granddaughter of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great granddaughter of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great granddaughter of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). She was born in 1938 in Escanaba, Delta County Michigan. She was known to have married three times the last marriage being to a man named ADAMS. She currently resides in the State of Ohio near the Dayton area. She is also known to have had two children, both sons, who also live in Ohio. She has not been willing to contribute any information concerning her genealogy nor the genealogy of her descendants.

WILLIAM AMOS RUPERD was the second son of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born in 1940 in Detroit Michigan (actual birth records have been sealed since he was adopted between 1942 and 1946. His Great Aunt and Uncle, LEONNA (PRICHARD) HARDING and GERALD HARDING adopted him. He is known to have had two children, one son and one daughter. He now resides in the State of Michigan.

JERRY LEE RUPERD was the third son of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born in 1942 Detroit Michigan (actual birth records have been sealed since he was adopted between 1942 and 1946. His Great Aunt and Uncle, LEONNA (PRICHARD) HARDING and GERALD HARDING adopted him. He is known to have had eight children by several wives. Two of these children were illegitimate. One was born to a babysitter and the other to a girlfriend. He now resides in the State of Oregon.

WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT is a sixth generation descendant of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER (CHRISTIAN RUPERT being the first generation). His children are followed in detail because this is the bloodline of the author.

MICHAEL WAYNE RUPERT is the first son of WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT, grandson of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the great grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born on September 3, 1960 (2:14PM) at the Bethesda Navel Medical Center in Montgomery County Maryland. He graduated from Bishop Hartley High School at 1285 Zettler Road in Columbus Ohio. He joined the United States Air Force in 1979 and received a general discharge within that same year. He married Rebecca Berry on May 21, 1998 in Columbus, Franklin Country Ohio.

TIMOTHY ALLEN RUPERT is the second son of WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT, grandson of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the great grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born October 08, 1962 (9:30AM) at Prince George’s County Hospital in Cheverly Maryland. He graduated from Watkins Memorial High School in 1980 after attending summer school. In 1981 he joined the United States Army and attended basic training in Fort Lennardwood Missouri. He then was sent to Fort Lee Virginia to attend Advanced Individual Training. While in Fort Lee Virginia he met and married KAREN McCAIN (about April 1983). He and his wife took an assignment at Fort Benning Georgia. He received a "Less Than Honorable" discharge from the Army due to a Court Marshal. He was divorced from KAREN before he was discharged and when to live with his brother MICHAEL. From there he moved south for a number of years until returning to live with his parents in Jessup Maryland. After his brother’s wedding in 1992, he left to live with his cousin CAROL DeCHRISTOPHER in Virginia. He met JODY some time between 1992 and 1994 when he moved from the south to Racine Wisconsin. His last known address was in Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha Wisconsin. TIMOTHY RUPERT and JODY had a daughter and named her SABRYNA CATHERINE RUPERT. It was said that SABRYNA carries the name of her Grandmother CATHERINE ESTELLE RUPERT.

KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT is the third son of WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT, grandson of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the great grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). He was born April 23, 1964 in Cheverly, Prince Georges Maryland. Dr. Defelice was the attending OB/GYN. He was 7 lbs. 14 oz. & 19 inches long at birth. He was christened on May 31, 1964 at the Holy Family Catholic Church. Witnessing was James E. and Mary H. Richardson. He married KAREN MARIE MULLENHOFF on June 06, 1992 in Mt. Oak UMC Mitchellville, Prince Georges County Maryland. She is the daughter of PAUL FRANCIS MULLENHOFF and JUDITH MARIE ZAGARINO. She was born on October 13, 1966 in Washington DC Capital of the United States.
The RUPERT family moved from 4912 Oxon Run Court in Hillcrest Heights Prince Georges County Maryland to Coraoplis, Moon Twp., Allegheny County Pennsylvania on October 1, 1965. The family moved from 233 McCartney Drive to 8709 Ranchwood Drive Racine Wisconsin in 1969. The family moved from 8709 Ranchwood Drive to 69 Dauber Court in Pataskala, Licking County Ohio in January 1977.
KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT graduated from Watkins Memorial High School on May 26, 1982 Pataskala, Licking County Ohio. He graduated Catonsville Community College in Catonsville, Baltimore County Maryland on May 29,1996 with an A.A in Business Management (graduated with honors). He Joined the Army in January of 1983 and entered Basic Training at Fort Knox in the state of Kentucky on March 10, 1983 and attended AIT in May 1983. He was ordered to Fort Lee near the town of Petersburg Virginia (May through July 1983). After completing Advanced Individual Training as a 76C (Military Supply Specialist) he was assigned to the Training Post of Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen Maryland (August 1983 through September 1984). He was then assigned to the 97th Signal Corps Battalion in Mannheim West Germany (September 1984 through January 1986). He returned to Fort Dix in New Jersey in 1986 to out process from Military Service. He joined the Maryland National Guard and was assigned to Co. B 1st Bn (Attack Helicopter) 224th Avn. Bldg E4305 Aberdeen Proving Grounds Maryland (January 1986 through March 1989). His decorations include the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon, the Army Good Conduct Metal, and the Army Accommodation Metal. He lived in Jessup Howard County Maryland (1986 - 1989), in Ellicott City Howard County Maryland (1989 - 1990), and in Glen Burnie Baltimore County Maryland (1990 - 1992).
On July 5, 2002 he filed as a candidate for State Delegate in the state of Maryland. He was the top Republican vote getter in the primary election and
He met KAREN MARIE MULLENHOFF on September 6, 1990 at "The Park" near Rips restaurant in Bowie Prince Georges County Maryland. ("The Park" was developed into what is now Prince Georges County Stadium and the Home Depot). They dated for six months and were engaged on March 9, 1991. On June 6, 1992 they exchanged our wedding vows and were joined in the holy state of matrimony. Their wedding took place at Mount Oak United Methodist Church in Mitchellville Prince Georges County Maryland. Their reception was held at the Bay Ridge Inn on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay in Annapolis Anne Arundel County Maryland. (The Bay Ridge Inn was later sold and destroyed in 1998). They bought a house at 8208 Climbing Fern Court in the city of Bowie in the county of Prince Georges in the state of Maryland on September 4, 1992.
KAREN MARIE MULLENHOFF was born on Thursday October 13, 1966 at 12:51AM (Columbia Hospital for Women) in the city of Washington D.C., the Capitol of the United States of America. Dr Sheffery was the attending OB/GYN. She weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. And was 20 inches long at birth. . She was christened on December 4, 1966. Witnesses were HERBERT FRANCIS MULLENHOFF & FLORENCE JOAN (SCHULTZ) MULLENHOFF. Godparents were JOSEPH WILLIAM & JEANNE MARIE CERVI of Buffalo Erie County New York. The family lived at 3026 Traymore Lane in the town of Bowie in the county of Prince Georges in the state of Maryland. She graduated from Bowie High School in June 1984. She graduated Loyola College in Baltimore Maryland in May of 1988 with a B.A in Business Administration. She was identified as a carrier of the Factor V Leiden Anomaly Congenital Blood Condition causing clotting for not apparent reason. This information was not discovered until she had given birth to their son DANIEL CHRISTIAN LUDWIG RUPERT.

KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT is a seventh generation descendant of CHRISTIAN RUPERT AND MARY STULLER (CHRISTIAN RUPERT being the first generation). His child is followed in detail because he is the author.

DANIEL CHRISTIAN LUDWIG RUPERT (eighth generation descendant of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER) was the first son of KENNETH EUGENE RUPERT and KAREN MARIE MULLENHOFF, grandson of WAYNE EDWARD RUPERT, great grandson of WILLIAM AMOS RUPPERT and MAY E. HOOD the great great grandson of WILLIAM RAY RUPERD and EMME JANE WEBB, great great great grandson of WILLIAM RUPERD and PRISCLIIA DELORA WALDRON. (great great great great grandson of JOHN BELL RUPERD and ELIZABETH LOWER and great great great great great grandson of CHRISTIAN RUPERT and MARY STULLER). was born on January 30, 2001 at 7:41 PM at Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park, Montgomery County Maryland. Dr. Oliver Kreitmann was the attending OB/GYN. Labor was induced at about 5:30 PM. Daniel was delivered via Cesarean Section due to fetal distress. He weighed 5 lbs. 5 oz. and was 19 ½ inches long at birth. After delivery he was found to be hypoglycemic and was placed on IV. He was Jaundice and needed to be placed under bilirubin lights and blanket. He spent 16 days in the hospital for various problems following his birth including Jaundice, Hypoglycemia, and intra-uterine growth retardation resulting in small for gestational age. He was released from the hospital on February 17, 2001. Medical Information concerning his birth: Hypoglycemia at birth. Treated for 10 days at Washington Adventist Hospital. Factor V Leiden Anomaly. Factor V Leiden Anomaly is a Congenital Blood Condition causing clotting for not apparent reason. He was also found to be Protein C Deficient. He was admitted to Children's Hospital Center of Washington DC for 36 Hours n April 2001. He received a CAT scan, PH probe, and an upper GI to measure the intensity of his reflux. He was found to have an extremely high occurrence of silent reflux and was sent home with a prescription for __. He was re-tested for congenital blood deficiencies in October of 2001 and was found to have overcome the Protein C Deficiency. On May 14, 2002 he was taken to John Hopkins University Medical Center in Baltimore for genetic testing. His blood amino acids and his urine amino acids were normal except for one slightly elevated level. This essentially ruled out a metabolic condition. Genetic testing was completed on May 14, 2002 and the results were all normal essentially ruling out any chromosomal defects.

The Descendants of Peter Harrison & the Link to Christian Rupert.

(Note: The HARRISON name is one of the most famous names through out the 1800's in the state of Ohio. The given name of WILLIAM HENRY was extremely common throughout this period of history. Therefore it is often believed that any descendant of a WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON is a descendant is in some way connected to the Presidential or Signer of the Declaration of Independence HARRISON. In fact there may be a distant connection long before the United States Declaration of Independence was signed or the two HARRISON Presidents were elected but not everyone is a direct descendant of these prestigious lines. And so it is with this HARRISON line).

PETER HARRISON was born circa 1630 in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. (This is speculation). He died in New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000.) He signed a certificate of consent for his son Richard to get married at the Chesterfield MM, Burlington County, New Jersey in 1687. He was the senior guest at the wedding of his son Richard. It is unknown at what date he came to New Jersey. The IGI shows a PETER HARRISON being christened on March 16, 1628 in Howden, Yorkshire, England. This is believed to be the same person. The known children of PETER HARRISON were:
BENJAMIN HARRISON
NATHANIEL HARRISON was born about 1661 in England.
RICHARD HARRISON was born about 1665 in Burlington, Yorkshire, England. (See detailed information below).
JOSEPH HARRISON (called Thomas) was born about 1668 in Leigh, Lancashire, England
EDWARD HARRISON stayed in England.
It is not known what happened to all of the sons of PETER HARRISON, however, it is believed that four of his sons came to America in the 1600's. Their names were THOMAS, RICHARD, BENJAMIN, and NATHANIEL. Two are said to have gone north (i.e. New Jersey) and two are said to have gone south (i.e. Virginia). (This is where speculation suggests that most are tied to "The Signer" BENJAMIN HARRISON and the President's WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and BEJAMIN HARRISON). Once again, the HARRISON ancestors that are directly connected to the descendants of CHRISTIAN RUPERT are not direct descendants of "The Signer" BENJAMIN HARRISON and the President's WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and BEJAMIN HARRISON.

RICHARD HARRISON was born circa 1665 in Burlington, Yorkshire, England, and died circa 1742 in Burlington New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). He arrived in Delaware in the fall of 1677 on the flie-boat "Martha" from Burlington, Yorkshire, England. Richard went from Delaware to Burlington County, New Jersey where he lived the rest of his life. His Will was dated December 20, 1739 and probated October 5, 1742 in Burlington County, New Jersey. (New Jersey Archives vol.22 pages 650-678). The home he built was known as "Harrison Manor" in Crosswicks, Burlington Co., New Jersey. Harrison Manor was built it in 1690 and was still owned by brothers Joseph and Isaac Harrison who sold it with 160 acres in 1953. It was still in excellent condition and other than electrical and plumbing was much the same as it was originally as late as 1985.
RICHARD HARRISON married RUTH BUCKMAN on May 4, 1687 at the home of Joshua Wright in Nottingham, Burlington Co., New Jersey. She was the daughter of EDWARD BUCKMAN and JOAN. RUTH was born circa 1660 in England. She died on November 27, 1716 in Harrison Manor, Crosswicks, Burlington Co., New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). Some records show RUTH BUCKMAN as being born on February 4, 1659 in Billinghurst, Sussex Co., England. She died on November 27, 1718 in New Jersey. Her parents are listed as EDWARD BUCKMAN and JOAN BAGHAM. (The BUCKMAN surname will be constructed in another chapter). RICHARD HARRISON and RUTH BUCKMAN tried to declare intentions to marry at the Chesterfield MM in Burlington County, New Jersey on December 3, 1686 but consent was denied until RICHARD brought a certificate of consent from his father. RICHARD produced this document signed by his father PETER HARRISON on January 1, 1687.
(Familysearch.org. Submitters:
ROBERT R. HANDLEY PO BOX 84072 VANCOUVER WA USA 98684-407
Microfilm: NONE
Submission: AF90-100167, AF92-101261, AF93-111024,
BARBARA ANDRUSS IRWIN712 VIA HERMOSA DANVILLE CA 94526
Submission: AF91-102308
ROBERT L. WINDER P O BOX 21 AMERICAN HOUSE EAST WATERFORD PA17021-0021
Submission: AF91-104941
RICHARD F. JONES7608 SANDY PT RD NE OLYMPIA WA USA 98506
Submission: AF92-103834
GERALD GILMAN & ROSEMARY R.S. EPPERSON CHANNEL28982 FALKNER ROAD NE POULSBO WA USA 98370-9312
Submission: AF93-109908
DEBRA BUCKMAN 4607 FLINTRIDGE DR COLO SPRINGS CO USA 80918
Submission: AF95-104213
CAROL KNOLLMILLER1038 E LIBRA DR TEMPE AZ USA 85283
Submission: AF96-108269
RHEA EDISON 8632 ELDER CREEK ROAD SACRAMENTO CA USA 95828
Submission: AF97-119368)
After the death of RUTH BUCKMAN in 1716, RICHARD HARRISON married ALICE WRIGHT on April 04, 1720 in Burlington, New Jersey. She was born in 1673 in England and died in 1761 in Harrison Manor, Crosswicks Burlington New Jersey. Burlington County New Jersey Quaker records show that RICHARD'S second wife, ALICE WRIGHT was the daughter of JOSHUA WRIGHT and the widow of JOSEPH STEWARD. Her Will was dated April 24, 1759 and proved February 11, 1761 in Burlington County, New Jersey. The marriage of RICHARD HARRISON and ALICE WRIGHT was recorded in the men's meeting of Chesterfield MM in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records). The children of RICHARD HARRISON and RUTH BUCKMAN were:
WILLIAM HARRISON was born about 1689 in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey and died about 1768 in Monmouth, New Jersey. (See detailed information below).
PETER HARRISON was born on October 08, 1691 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey and died about 1747 in Maryland. He was married on December 06, 1723 in Burlington, New Jersey. The Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records show that he was named in the Will of his father RICHARD HARRISON dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. He was named executor of the Will. His Will was dated July 27, 1747 in Burlington County, New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records, Named in the Will of his father Richard Harrison dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey.(He was named executor of the Will) His Will was dated July 27, 1747 in Burlington County, New Jersey). PETER married SARAH STARKEY on December 6, 1723 in Burlington New Jersey. SARAH was born on May 9, 1696 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. She was the daughter of JOHN and MARY (CHANELHOUSE) STARKEY. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, Quaker records of Chesterfield MM in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey, Named co-executor with her son Thomas, of her husbands Will dated July 27, 1747 in Burlington County, New Jersey).
The children of PETER HARRISON and SARAH STARKEY were:
MARY HARRISON was born about 1726 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. She was named in the Will of her father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. Mary married a man by the name of FELLON. She was named in the Will of her brother Isaac Harrison written in 1810 in Burlington County, New Jersey.
THOMAS HARRISON was born about 1728 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. He died in 1770 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. (Named co-executor with his mother Sarah). His Will was dated April 20, 1770 and proved June 23, 1770 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. THOMAS married SARAH KIRBY on September 4, 1750 in Burlington, New Jersey. SARAH was born about 1730 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey. Quaker records of Chesterfield MM in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey. She was the daughter of RICHARD and ANN (CHESHIRE) KIRBY.
DEBORAH HARRISON was born about 1730 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey.
She was named in the Will of her father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey.
SARAH HARRISON was born about 1732 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. She was named in the Will of her father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. SARAH married JONATHAN FOX on October 2, 1746 in Chesterfield MM, Burlington New Jersey. Jonathan was born about 1730 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey. She was named in the Will of her father PETER HARRISON July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000)
ISAAC HARRISON was born about 1734 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. He died about 1807 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. His Will was written April 13, 1807 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey
JOSEPH HARRISON was born about 1736 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. He died in April 1777 in Burlington New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. (Quaker records of Chesterfield MM, Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey). His Will was dated April 12, 1777 and proved April 25, 1777 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey. JOSEPH married REBECCA CURTIS on February 5, 1761 in Chesterfield MM, Burlington, New Jersey. REBECCA was born about 1740 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. She died before February 1776 in Burlington New Jersey. (Quaker records of Chesterfield MM, Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey). After the death of REBECCA, JOSEPH married MARTHA WALTON on February 7, 1776 in Burlington New Jersey. MARTHA was born about 1750 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey. . (Quaker records of Chesterfield MM, Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey).
RUTH HARRISON was born about 1738 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. She was named in the Will of her father July 27, 1747 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey. RUTH married BENJAMIN WRIGHT on January 17, 1759 in Burlington New Jersey. BENJAMIN was born on 5 May 1730 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000).
RUTH HARRISON was born in 1693 in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey and died after 1761 in Burlington, New Jersey. She was married on August 07, 1714 in Burlington, New Jersey. The Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records show that she was named in the Will of her father Richard Harrison dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records)
RUTH married JAMES STARKEY on August 7, 1714 in Burlington New Jersey. JAMES was born about 1693 in Monmouth New Jersey. (Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM record (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb). He was the son of JOHN STARKEY.
The children of RUTH HARRISON and JAMES STARKEY were:
NATHAN STARKEY was born on February 14, 1716 in Burlington New Jersey.
THOMAS STARKEY was born about 1718 in Burlington New Jersey.
SARAH STARKEY was born about 1720 in Burlington New Jersey.
RUTH STARKEY was born about 1722 in Burlington New Jersey.
EDITH STARKEY was born about 1724 in Burlington New Jersey.
MARY STARKEY was born about 1726 in Burlington New Jersey.
ALICE STARKEY was born about 1735 in Burlington New Jersey..
PHEBE STARKEY was born about 1730 in Burlington New Jersey.
SARAH HARRISON was born in 1695 in Burlington, New Jersey. She died before 1761 in Burlington, New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. The Burlington County New Jersey Quaker records). She was married on March 4, 1720 in Burlington, New Jersey. She was named in the Will of her father RICHARD HARRISON dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. SARAH married JOSEPH ROGERS on March 4, 1721 in Burlington New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000).
GEORGE HARRISON was born in 1697 in Burlington New Jersey. He died in 1772. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. The Burlington County New Jersey Quaker records). He was named in the Will of her father RICHARD HARRISON dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. GEROGE married ESTHER WRIGHT STEWARD on June 11, 1733 (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000).
RICHARD HARRISON was born in 1699 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey and died on May 19, 1777 in Burlington, New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, Burlington County, New Jersey Quaker records). He was named in the Will of his father Richard Harrison dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. His Will was written April 8, 1777 in Burlington County, New Jersey. RICHARD married RACHEL EVERINGHAM on June 21, 1736 in Burlington New Jersey. RACHEL was born about 1706 in Monmouth New Jersey. She died before December 1754 in Burlington New Jersey. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000)
The child of RICHARD HARRISON and RACHEL EVERINGHAM was:
RICHARD HARRISON was born about 1740 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey. He died before 1777. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, Quaker records of Chesterfield MM, Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey). RICHARD married MARY WRIGHT on December 1, 1754 in Burlington New Jersey. MARY was born about 1700 in Crosswicks Burlington New Jersey. She died after April 1777 (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). The Will of his father RICHARD HARRISON was written April 8, 1777 in Burlington County, New Jersey, and names his wife Edith as the widow of son RICHARD. RICHARD married EDITH WRIGHT on August 14, 1765 in Burlington, New Jersey. EDITH was born about 1740 in Crosswicks, Burlington New Jersey. The Will of her husband's father RICHARD HARRISON was written April 8, 1777 in Burlington County, New Jersey, and names her as EDITH the widow of son RICHARD.

WILLIAM HARRISON was the son of RICHARD HARRISON and RUTH BUCKMAN (grandson of Peter Harrison). He was born circa 1689 in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey and died circa 1768 in Monmouth, New Jersey. He married SARAH BULLOCK on December 06, 1728 in Burlington, New Jersey. She was the daughter of JOHN BULLOCK and SUSANNA WRIGHT. She was born about 1703 in New Hanover, Burlington New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). He was named in the Will of his father Richard Harrison dated December 20, 1739 in Burlington County, New Jersey. He received only 5 pounds, but his siblings all received large estates of land and money. His estate was dated November 8, 1768 in Monmouth County, New Jersey and administered by Thomas Harrison of Upper Freehold, Monmouth, New Jersey. (File no. 3451M). He was buried in Upper freehold, Monmouth, New Jersey. The record of WILLIAM HARRISON and SARAH BULLOCK is recorded in the Quaker records of Chesterfield MM in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). The children of WILLIAM HARRISON and SARAH BULLOCK were:
WILLIAM HARRISON JR. was born on March 25, 1729 in Upper Freehold, Monmouth New Jersey and died at Pomton, Bergen (now Passaic), New Jersey. He was married on June 5, 1753 in New Hanover, Burlington, New Jersey to ALICE STARKEY. She was the daughter of JAMES STARKEY and RUTH HARRISON. She was born about 1735 in Upper Freehold New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father WILLIAM HARRISON dated November 8, 1768 in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (Records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Info. sent by Gene Starkey June 22, 2001, birth). William and Alice had the following children:
JAMES HARRISON was born on 16 Feb 1754 in , Burlington, New Jersey. (Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb)
PHEBE HARRISON was born on 5 Nov 1755 in , Burlington, New Jersey. Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb) The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
EDITH HARRISON was born on 25 May 1757 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb)The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
SARAH HARRISON was born on 24 Feb 1758/1759 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb)The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
ALICE HARRISON was born on 24 Nov 1760 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
SAMUEL HARRISON was born on 28 Sep 1762 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
WLIILAM HARRISON was born on 14 Aug 1765 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb) The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
RUTH HARRISON was born on 21 Oct 1767 in , Burlington, New Jersey.
Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb) The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
FRANCIS HARRISON . Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb) The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends.
WILLIAM married JANE RICHARDSON. JANE was born on November 24, 1748 in Burlington New Jersey. She was the daughter of JOHN and REBECCA (POWELL) RICHARDSON
(Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb. The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends. JANE and her son JOSEPH were received into membership February9, 1774 in the Upper Springfield MM.
The children of WILLIAM HARRISON JR and JANE RICHARDSON were:
Joseph HARRISON was born on 7 Aug 1773 in Burlington New Jersey. Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb) The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends. JANE and her son JOSEPH were received into membership 9 Feb. 1774 in the Upper Springfield MM.
THOMAS HARRISON died before 1814 in New Hanover Burlington New Jersey. He and his family broke away from the Quaker faith and became members of the Presbyterian Church in West Milford, Passaic, New Jersey. His estate settled in 1814 with his wife selling the property to William Wallace. Ten years later on June 27, 1824 JOEL HARRISON son of THOMAS and ELIZABETH bought it back into the family. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Chesterfield MM, and the Upper Springfield MM records. (records sent to me by Lerayne on rootsweb). The records of Upper Springfield say all of the children were non-members of the Society of Friends. Thomas married Elizabeth. Elizabeth died after 1814. In 1814 she sold the family farm and land to settle her late husbands estate. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000).
RICHARD HARRISON was born about 1730 in Monmouth, New Jersey. (See detailed information below).
JOHN HARRISON was born about 1732 in Upper freehold, Monmouth, New Jersey and died in June 1798 in Upper freehold, Monmouth, New Jersey. JOHN married MARY GIBERSON on September 21, 1759 in Monmouth New Jersey. MARY was born about 1732 in Upper freehold, Monmouth New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father WILLIAM HARRISON dated November 8, 1768 in Monmouth County, New Jersey. In Upper Freehold MM, Monmouth County, New Jersey on June 6, 1758 he is reported for bearing arms and having a bastard child.
THOMAS HARRISON was born about 1738 in Upper freehold, Monmouth, New Jersey and died in Bucks, Pennsylvania. He was married on July 01, 1760 in New Jersey. He was named in the Will of his father WILLIAM HARRISON dated 8 Nov 1768 in Monmouth County, New Jersey. He was named the administrator. Living in Monmouth Co. during the mid 1700's was not a comfortable experience for those of the Quaker Faith. With the Revolutionary War fast approaching, good Quakers found themselves in trouble. It was necessary to keep a low profile. The Harrison Families of Monmouth Co. were in the heat of the controversy. JOHN and THOMAS owned considerable land and if they remained Quaker they would be heavily taxed in lieu of confiscation of the land or even worse, threatened with prison or death. The following notice was posted in 1775, regarding THOMAS who was determined to keep his faith and refuse to carry arms in the War regardless of the consequences.
THREE POUNDS REWARD. Made his escape this day from the jail of the County of Monmouth in New Jersey, a certain THOMAS HARRISON, aged about 36 years, 5ft., 7 or 8 inches high. He formerly lived in Upper Freehold, from whence he moved into one of the lower counties in Pennsylvania, where he has lived for several years past. He has a wife and three children about a year old, all born at one time, who went off with him. Reward to whoever takes up said run-away and delivers him to the jailer of the County of Monmouth. 10 June 1775-- Elisha Lawrence Sheriff".
THOMAS HARRISON married ELIZABETH KIRBY on July 1, 1760 in New Jersey. ELIZABETH was born about 1735 in Crosswicks Burlington New Jersey. She died before February 19, 1791. She was the daughter of BENJAMIN & ANN (MARSH) KIRBY The records of her son WILLIAM'S marriage in the records of Pipe Creek MM in Frederick County, Maryland on 19-12-1791 states she is dec'd. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000). The children of THOMAS HARRISON married ELIZABETH KIRBY were:
WILLIAM HARRISON was born about 1766. Pipe Creek MM in Fredrick County, Maryland records the marriage of William. December 19, 1791
BENJAMIN HARRISON was born on August 4, 1761 in Upper Freehold Monmouth New Jersey. He died on December 4, 1843 in Elk Run Twp., Columbiana Ohio. He moved his family to Elk Run Twp., Columbiana, Ohio about 1801 and is said to have lived to be 100, although this is incorrect. He bought a quarter lot of Land in Steubenville, Ohio receiving a Land Patent from President Thomas Jefferson 6 Apr. 1813. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana Co. Ohio LDS film #0934886). BENJAMIN HARRISON married MIRIAN ALLEN on 11 Mar 1784 in Upper Freehold MM Monmouth New Jersey. MIRIAN was born on August 15, 1763 in New Hanover Burlington New Jersey. She was the daughter of RALPH ALLIN/ALLEN. She died on February 15, 1836 in Columbiana Co. Ohio.
ACHSA HARRISON was born about 1768 in Burlington New Jersey. ACHSA married RICHARD FISH on December 24, 1807 in Frederick Co. Maryland. Richard was born about 1770 in Frederick Co. Maryland. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Quaker records of Chesterfield MM, Burlington, New Jersey. Quaker records of Pipe Creek MM, Frederick, Maryland

RICHARD HARRISON was the son of WILLIAM HARRISON and SARAH BULLOCK, (grandson of RICHARD HARRISON and RUTH BUCKMAN, great grandson of PETER HARRISON). He was born about 1730 in Monmouth, New Jersey and died before 1800 in George Twp., Fayette, Pennsylvania. He married HANNAH WHEATCRAFT on October 01, 1763 in Burlington, New Jersey. She was born about 1734 in Albemarle, Virginia, and died before 1810 in Frederick, Maryland. (Some of the following information was gathered from Holmes Co. Heirs vol. VIII, page 56, Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS files, Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000, and Monmouth County New Jersey marriages). He was granted a certificate from Burlington MM to Philadelphia MM on 3 March 1760. He later went to Chesterfield MM, New Jersey. (Holmes Co. Heirs vol. VIII, page 56). He was granted a certificate from Burlington MM to Philidelphia MM on March 3, 1760. He later went to Chesterfield MM, New Jersey.
He must have died before September 1800 when his son's Richard, Peter & Samuel sold his land on Georges Creek, George Twp., Fayette, Pennsylvania, to Thomas Brownfield for $250.00.
(Holmes Co. Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS files. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Monmouth County New Jersey marriages).
The children of RICHARD HARRISON and HANNAH WHEATCRAFT were:
RICHARD HARRISON was born about 1764 in Albemarle Virginia.
PETER HARRISON was born about 1766 in Fayette, Pennsylvania and died on April 20, 1854 in Harrison, Ohio. He married SARAH BUNTING on April 14, 1792 in Frederick, Maryland. She was born on April 22, 1774 in Crosswicks, Chesterfield Twp., Burlington New Jersey and died on April 25, 1825 in Short Creek, Jefferson, Ohio. (PETER HARRISON is found in the Dickerson family bible, which is in the possession of Gladys Dickerson. He is also found in Church records in Chesterfield MM, Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey Society of Friends. His Will was dated May 15, 1847 in Harrison County, Ohio and probated on November 8, 1855 also in Harrison County, Ohio. He is found in the History of Wayne County Ohio, page 609, by Douglas. The marriage record of PETER HARRISON and SARAH BUNTING is in Swathmore Pennsylvania Quaker records. He is found in the Records of Pipe Creek MM in Fredrick County, Maryland and in Holmes Co. Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. The burial records found in "Historical Collections Of Harrison County Ohio" by Hanna page 368. LDS film 908695. 1850 Short Creek, Harrison, Ohio census. He is living with his son GEORGE. He is buried in Dickerson Graveyard, Cadiz, Harrison, Ohio Information concerning SARAH BUNTING are found in the Dickerson family bible, which is in the possession of Gladys Dickerson. Quaker records of Pipe Creek MM. Bush Creek, Frederick County Maryland. Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. Anthony Bunting and Ellen Barker of Matlock, England by Elizabeth Potts Koleda Salt Lake Family History Center 929.273 B886b. She was buried in West Grove Cemetery, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, Ohio. The children of PETER HARRISON and SARAH BUNTING were:
SAMUEL HARRISON was born on December 2, 1792 in Frederick Co., Maryland. He died as an infant. (Dickerson family bible in the possession of Glays Dickerson, History of Wayne County Ohio by Douglas Salt Lake City Family History Center book 977.161 H2D, Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
ELISHA HARRISON was born on 17 Mar 1794 in Frederick Maryland. He died on January 28, 1889 in Fredericksburg Ohio. He was named in the Will of his father PETER HARRISON, written May 15, 1847 and probated November 8, 1855 in Harrison County, Ohio. (Named co-executor with his brother John). ELISHA married MARY ANN HARRISON daughter of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and MARY BUNTING on August 29, 1816 in Harrison Ohio. MARY was born in January 1797 in Frederick Co. Maryland. She died on February 26, 1878. (Dickerson family bible in possesion of Gladys Dickerson. History of Wayne County Ohio page 609 by Douglas. His marriage record in Harrison County Ohio. Married by Thomas Dickerson J.P. Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. There seems to be a generation missing from this family history. 1850 Franklin Twp., Wayne, Ohio census. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967. Her marriage record in Historical Collections of Harrison County Ohio. page 264 Married by Thomas Dickerson J.P. Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. There seems to be a generation missing from this family history. 1850 Franklin Twp., Wayne, Ohio census).
JOHN HARRISON was born on 1 Aug 1796. He died on 19 Oct 1889.
WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON was born on 22 Sep 1798. He died on 30 Apr 1877. (See detailed information below).
UNITY HARRISON was born on 31 Dec 1800.
RICHARD HARRISON was born on 28 Feb 1802. He died on 23 Apr 1899.
HANNAH HARRISON was born on 9 Jan 1803/1804. She died on 24 Jul 1899.
PATIENCE HARRISON was born on 9 Jan 1804 in Fayette Pennsylvania. She died on 8 Sep 1884 in Iowa. She was named in the Will of her father PETER HARRISON written May 15, 1847 and probated November 8, 1855 in Harrison County, Ohio. PATIENCE married JAMES WHITE on September 13, 1836 in Harrison Ohio. JAMES was born about 1800 in Ohio. (Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56.
Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
BARZILLA HARRISON was born on 15 Mar 1807. He died on 29 Dec 1886.
ENOCH HARRISON was born on 9 Mar 1808. He died on 3 Jan 1896.
DANIEL H. HARRISON was born on 5 Mar 1810. He died on 11 Sep 1864.
BENJAMIN HARRISON was born on 14 Jun 1812. He died on 13 Feb 1904.
LYDIA ANN HARRISON was born on 1 Aug 1814 in Harrison Ohio. She was named in the Will of her father PETER HARRISON written May 15, 1847 and probated November 8, 1855 in Harrison County, Ohio. LYDIA married ISRAEL JAMES son of SAMUEL JAMES JR and LYDIA ANN WORRALL on December 7, 1837 in Harrison Ohio. ISRAEL was born on October 21, 1814 in Jefferson Ohio. (Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. Her marriage record in "Historical Collections Of Harrison County Ohio" by Hanna page 270. LDS film 908695. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film # 1395967. Quaker records of Short Creek MM, Jefferson County, Ohio).
ELIZABETH HARRISON was born on September 1, 1816 in Harrison Ohio. She died about 1816 in Harrison Ohio. (History of Wayne County Ohio by Douglas. Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film # 1395967)
GEORGE WASHINGTON HARRISON was born on 12 Oct 1818. He died in 1880.
DANIEL HARRISON was born about 1768 in Frederick Co., Maryland.
WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON was born in 1770 in Frederick Maryland. He died in 1845 in Williams Ohio. WILLIAM married MARY BUNTING daughter of JOHN BUNTING JR. and PATIENCE TILTON on August 18, 1792 in Fredrick Maryland. Mary was born on May 23, 1772 in Crosswicks Burlington New Jersey. She died in 1826 in Franklin Twp., Wayne Pennsylvania. (History of Wayne Co. Ohio by Douglas page 609. Holmes Co. Ohio Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. There seems to be a generation missing in this family history. Anthony Bunting and Ellen Barker of Matlock, England by Elizabeth Potts Koleda Salt Lake Family History Center 929.273 B886b. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000 Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film # 1395967). The children of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and MARY BUNTING were:
SARAH HARRISON was born on November 8, 1791 in Frederick Co. Maryland. She died on September 10, 1873. (See detailed information below).
REBECCA HARRISON was born about 1792 in Frederick Co. Maryland. (See detailed information below).
PATIENCE HARRISON was born about 1795 in Frederick Co. Maryland. (See detailed information below).
DANIEL HARRISON was born about 1796 in Frederick Maryland. (See detailed information below).
MARY ANN HARRISON was born in January 1797 in Frederick Maryland. She died on February 26, 1878. (See detailed information below).
WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON JR. was born on April 15, 1798 in Fayette Pennsylvania. He died in 1865. WILLIAM married ELIZABETH PEDDICORD on November 11, 1821 in Wayne Ohio. Elizabeth was born about 1800 in Wayne Ohio. (Marriage record in Wayne County Ohio records. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. See detailed information below)
RUTH HARRISON was born on February 7, 1801. She died on December 30, 1852. (See detailed information below).
JOHN B. HARRISON was born on March 14, 1802 in Uniontown Fayette Pennsylvania. He died on June 4, 1873 in Washington Oregon. He was buried in Harrison Cemetery Hillsboro Washington Oregon. (See detailed information below).
SOPHIA HARRISON was born about 1804 in Uniontown,Fayette,Pennsylvania. She was a teacher and lived with her brother JOHN HARRISON for many years. (Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967) (See detailed information below).
ELIZABETH HARRISON was born on May 15, 1808 in Columbiana Ohio. She died on February 6, 1896. (See detailed information below).
HANNAH HARRISON was born on October 23, 1812 in Columbiana Ohio. She died on June 7, 1900 in Shreve Wayne Ohio. (See detailed information below).
SUSANNAH HARRISON was born on July 13, 1813 in Wayne Ohio. She died after Oct 1864 in Illinois. (See detailed information below).

SAMUEL HARRISON was born about 1772 in Frederick Co., Maryland. SAMUEL married ELIZABETH SHOWNE on February 20, 1788 in Frederick Co., Maryland. ELIZABETH was born about 1769 in Frederick Co., Maryland.
RUTH HARRISON was born about 1775 in Frederick Co., Maryland.
SUSANNAH HARRISON was born about 1777 in Frederick Maryland. SUSANNA married WILLIAM HARRISON son of THOMAS HARRISON and ELIZABETH KIRBY about Jan 1800. William was born about 1766 in Upper Freehold Monmouth Co., New Jersey. He died in West Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio. WILLIAM HARRISON was complained of for marrying his first cousin. He moved his family to Columbiana Co. Ohio in 1804 in Center Twp. and then in 1808 he moved to West Twp. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. 1850 Ohio census. Pipe Creek MM in Fredrick County, Maryland records. Records from Redstone MM in Fayette County, Pennsylvania 30 Jan 1800. History of Columbiana Co. Ohio LDS film #0934886). The children of SUSANNAH HARRISON and WILLIAM HARRISON were:
RICHARD HARRISON was born about 1800 in Fayette Pennsylvania. RICHARD married HANNAH WHITACRE on February 10, 1825 in Columbiana Co., Ohio. HANNAH was born about 1805 in, Columbiana Co., Ohio. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio. 1860 Columbiana Co., Ohio census. Marriage record in Columbiana County, Ohio).
Matilda HARRISON was born about 1802 in Fayette Pennsylvania. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio)
Edith HARRISON was born about 1802 in Fayette Pennsylvania. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio)
ACHSA HARRISON was born about 1804 in Columbiana Co., Ohio. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio).
MARIAN HARRISON was born about 1806 in Columbiana Co., Ohio. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio).
SUSANNA HARRISON was born in 1808 in West Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio).
WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON was born about 1816 in West Twp., Columbiana Co., Ohio. WILLIAM married MARY ANN DANIELS on November 2, 1843 in Columbiana Co., Ohio. MARY was born on July 20, 1824 in West Twp., Columbiana Ohio. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. History of Columbiana County, Ohio. 1850 Columbiana Co., Ohio census. 1860 Columbiana Co., Ohio census)

WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON was born in 1770 in Frederick, Maryland and died in 1845 in Williams County Ohio. It is believed that he is buried in Baker Cemetery in Delta Ohio. He married MARY BUNTING, a wealthy Quaker girl, on August 18, 1792 in Fredrick County Maryland. She was the daughter of JOHN BUNTING and PATIENCE TILTON. She was born on May 23, 1772 in Crosswicks, Burlington, New Jersey, and died in 1826 in Franklin Twp., Wayne Co., Pennsylvania. He appears in the History of Wayne Co. Ohio by Douglas page 609. The following information and family stories are extracted from a written work by ALICE MELISSA ANDERSON, the daughter of descendant of PRISCILLA HARRISON, the granddaughter of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and ELIZABETH PEDDICORD, and the Great Granddaughter of WILLIAM HARRISON and MARY BUNTING. During the early-married life of WILLIAM and MARY they lived mostly in Maryland and may have moved to some part of Pennsylvania because his father died in Western Pennsylvania in 1812.
In 1813 WILLIAM moved his family to Ohio, settling in the part of Wayne County that would eventually become Holmes County. Holmes County was erected out of Wayne, Tuscarawas, and Coshocton Counties in 1824. In 1825 WILLIAM HARRISON was living in Holmes County and it was that year that his son WILLIAM JR. married Miss. ELIZABETH PEDDICORD. Some time after 1825, WILLIAM moved to Fulton County Ohio. It is believed that he married a second time after his first wife MARY BUNTING died.
MARY ANN (HARRISON) WALDRON, the Granddaughter of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and MARY BUNTING, told a story about the time of her Grandfather's death. She said that at the time of her Grandfather's death, her Father, WILLIAM JR. was living on his own farm in Pike Twp. about midway between Delta and Wauseon Ohio in Fulton County. It seems that the message of his Father's ill health was never sent until after his death. Two other Granddaughters (MATILDA and PRISCILLA) speak of their Father as a Revolutionary war soldier. They said that he was in ill health for many years before his death. No one in the family knows for certain where WILLIAM and MARY HARRISON are buried. The children of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and MARY BUNTING were:
SARAH HARRISON was born on November 8, 1791 in Frederick Co. Maryland. She died on September 10, 1873. SARAH married JAMES WATERS. JAMES was born about 1790. (Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
REBECCA HARRISON was born about 1792 in Frederick Co. Maryland. REBECCA married JAMES MCDONALD on May 15, 1828 in Trumbull Ohio. JAMES was born about 1790 in Maryland. (Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
PATIENCE HARRISON was born about 1795 in Frederick Co. Maryland. PATIENCE married AUSTIN O'DELL on January 19, 1817 in Wayne Ohio. Austin was born about 1792 in Wayne Ohio. They issued two children; HANNAH and SYLVIA. (Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
DANIEL HARRISON was born about 1796 in Frederick Maryland. DANIEL married ELIZA WATTERS on February 13, 1815 in Trumbull Ohio. ELIZA was born about 1792. (Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967).
MARY ANN HARRISON was born in January 1797 in Frederick Maryland. She died on February 26, 1878. MARY married ELISHA HARRISON son of PETER HARRISON and SARAH BUNTING on August 29, 1816 in Harrison Co., Ohio. ELISHA was born on March 17, 1794 in Frederick Co. Maryland. He died on January 28, 1889 in Fredericksburg Ohio. He was named in the Will of his father PETER HARRISON, written May 15, 1847 and probated November 8, 1855 in Harrison County, Ohio.(Named co-executor with his brother John) (Marriage record in Historical Collections of Harrison County Ohio. pages 264 Married by Thomas Dickerson J.P. Holmes County Heirs vol. VIII, page 56. There seems to be a generation missing from this family history. 1850 Franklin Twp., Wayne, Ohio census. Dickerson family bible in possesion of Gladys Dickerson. History Of Wayne County Ohio page 609 by Douglas).
WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON JR. was born on April 15, 1798 in Fayette Pennsylvania. He died in 1865. WILLIAM married ELIZABETH PEDDICORD on November 11, 1821 in Wayne Ohio. Elizabeth was born about 1800 in Wayne Ohio. (Marriage record in Wayne County Ohio records. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. See detailed information below)
RUTH HARRISON was born on February 7, 1801 in Uniontown, Fayette Co., Pennsylvania. She died on December 30, 1852. She married on October 27, 1822 in Wayne Co., Ohio. (Wayne Co., Ohio marriage records).
JOHN B. HARRISON was born on March 14, 1802 in Uniontown Fayette Pennsylvania. He died on June 4, 1873 in Washington Oregon. He was buried in Harrison Cemetery Hillsboro Washington Oregon. JOHN married (1) JANE MILLER on 4 Dec 1826 in Holmes Ohio. JANE was born about 1805 in Ohio. She died before 1841. JOHN married (2) MARY BROWN Smith on 21 Sep 1841 in Van Buren Iowa. Mary was born about 1820 in Van Buren Iowa. (Home Sweet Holmes (Harrison family newsletter) LDS film #1395967. Their marriage certificate in Holmes County Ohio Marriage Records book I, page 19, 1821 - 1841. LDS film 477144. Elizabeth S. Watkins, LDS. Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000)
SOPHIA HARRISON was born about 1804 in Uniontown, Fayette Co., Pennsylvania. She was a teacher and lived with her brother JOHN HARRISON for many years. She never married and died at the age of thirty around 1834. (Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
ELIZABETH HARRISON was born on May 15, 1808 in Columbiana Ohio. She died on February 6, 1896. ELIZABETH married JOHN H. MCMAHON in 1826 in Columbiana Ohio. JOHN was born about 1804 in Columbiana Ohio. (Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967)
HANNAH HARRISON was born on October 23, 1812 in Columbiana Ohio. She died on June 7, 1900 in Shreve Wayne Ohio. HANNAH married IRA SCHAMP on April 7, 1835. IRA was born about 1809 in New York. He died about 1852 in Holmes Ohio. HANNAH married GEORGE D. MORELAND on March 23, 1854 in Holmes Ohio. GEORGE was born about 1802 in Maryland. (Marriage record in Wayne County Ohio records LDS film 317528. Home Sweet Holmes, The Harrison Family Newsletter LDS film #1395967. 1850 Ohio census, 1860 Ohio census).
SUSANNAH HARRISON was born on July 13, 1813 in Wayne Ohio. She died after Oct 1864 in Illinois. SUSANNAH married CHARLES YOUNG on September 19, 1833 in Wayne Ohio. CHARLES was born about 1812 in England. He died on August 23, 1864 in Illinois. He was a wagon maker by trade. (Harrison Family by Charles McGrath 2000. Home Sweet Holmes (Harrison family newsletter) LDS film #1395967. 1850 Holmes Co., Ohio census. Information sent to me about his death date by Ron Moreland in July 2001 taken from probate records).

WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON JR was born on April 15, 1798 in Fayette County Pennsylvania and died in either July or August of 1865 at his home on the banks of Wooden Lake. His son BAZIL and family lived with him at the time of his death. He was buried at Fesler Cemetery, six miles west of Warsaw, near Atwood Indiana. He suffered many years with serious stomach trouble. He was seriously ill for three weeks before he died and was vomiting almost incessantly during that time. It was noted that all that came up was clear water. He married ELIZABETH PEDDICORD on November 11, 1821 in Wayne County Ohio. She was born about 1800 in Wayne County Ohio. She was the daughter of NATHANIEL PEDDICORD and ELIZABETH GORDON. She died in 1870 of Lung Fever (Pneumonia) at the home of her son BAZIL in Kosciusko County Indiana. Her funeral was preached in the Mt. Pleasant Church and she was buried next to her husband in the Fesler Cemetery. She was the Granddaughter of JOHN GORDON, a Scotchman and a southern gentleman on her mother's side. ELIZABETH PEDDICORD was a very industrious woman. She bore twelve children did housework, made and tended the garden, and also wove much of the material used to make her family's clothing and bed linen. She also wove many yards of carpet for the neighbors. Her mother, ELIZABETH GORDON was a doctoress and went for miles around to cure sick neighbors. Her parents lived in Holmes County Ohio and were neighbors of WILLIAM HARRISON at the time she married WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON JR.
WILLIAM HARRISON was a man who was most content while moving from place to place. At various times he lived in Holmes County, Fulton County and Lucas County Ohio. He had also made two long moves to Indiana. He also lived for a time in Wayne County Ohio. REBECCA (WALDRON) DOOLITTLE, a Granddaughter of WILLIAM'S, said that when her mother was about three years old (1835) her Grandfather moved from Wayne County Ohio to Longansport Indiana. There he settled on the bank of the Tippacanoe river. Then when her mother was a little more than five years old WILLIAM moved back to Ohio settling Northwest of Delta County Ohio going by way of the Wabash River to Ft. Wayne and the Maumee River to Waterville. She relates a story that her mother had told about the trip down the river as far as they could go. She also told about the Indians that were on the river and how they would come to the house to borrow things from time to time. The children of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON JR and ELIZABETH PEDDICORD were:
BAZIL HARRISON was born on January 17, 1824 in Wayne County Ohio and died in 1876 of Typhoid Fever on his farm about six miles south of Warsaw Indiana. He was buried in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery south of Warsaw on the Peru Road. He married CYNTHIA WALDRON (twin sister of HIRAM WALDRON) in 1844 in Waterville, Lucas County Ohio. She was born on April 30, 1828 and died in 1914 in Kewanna Indiana. She is buried in the Odd Fellows Cemetery in Kewanna Indiana. After BAZIL'S death CYNTHIA resided with her daughter, AGATHA HIPP-BAKER. Before his death, BAZIL helped his father in various ways. At one time his father moved from Wayne County Ohio to Cass County Indiana, settling at Longansport, where the young BAZIL made boots and ran a ferry on the Wabash River. He moved to Waterville, Lucas County Ohio and was hired to draw the specifications for the locks on the Maume River. He was a Carpenter, Cabinet-Maker, Music Teacher, and a Farmer throughout his lifetime. He made furniture, funeral caskets, musical instruments and houses. He made a bass drum that he played for the "boys of 61-65" to drill by. They lived in Delta until their daughter, AGATHA was eleven years old and then they moved to Indiana. The children of BAZIL HARRISON and CYNTHIA WALDRON were:
AGATHA HARRISON was born on July 22, 1850. Rev. Cooper married her and a Mr. HIPP at Milford Indiana in 1873. She married a second time to WILLIAM BAKER. The children of AGATHA HARRISON and Mr. HIPP were:
BERTHA HIPP was born on August 24, 1874 at Warsaw Indiana. Married to FRANK BOYER, son of JACOB BOYER and MATILDA. They issued CURTIS CHRISTOPHER BOYER.
PEARL HIPP was born on March 14, 1877 at Warsaw Indiana. Married to F PARSONS at Kewanna Indiana. They issued EDNA, IRA, FLORA, FOREST and LENA.
GLADYS HIPP was born on October 28, 1881 at Warsaw Indiana. She was married to P. H. JOHNSON on June 3, 1921 at Kewanna Indiana. They issued MARIA & F. AGATHA.
JENETT HARRISON was born on August 26, 1852 and died on Marth 5, 1853
HETTY HARRISON was born on June 26, 1854 in Fulton County Ohio and died on December 2, 1923 in Culver Indiana. She is buried at Kewanna Indiana. She was married in 1874 to Mr. CRABB. He was born on August 20, 1845 and died on February 16, 1923 in Culver Indiana. He was buried at Kewanna Indiana. They issued ARTHUS, ALVA, GEORGE, GERTRUDE, CLEVE, LEMUEL, & JESSIE.
MIRIAM HARRISON was born on March 20, 1825 in Wayne County Ohio and died in Ionia Michigan. She was married on November 1, 1846 to ORISON AUSTIN in Waterville Lucas County Ohio. About a year after they married they moved to Ionia Michigan. They came all the way with an ox team, which was slow traveling. They had at the time one child, HENRY, an infant. Her husband died some time between 1852 and 1859. She remarried JAMES CRAWFORD about 1860. The children of MIRIAM HARRISON and ORISON AUSTIN were:
WILLIAM HENRY AUSTIN was born about 1847 in Waterville Lucas County Ohio.
EMILY AUSTIN was born about 1849 in Ionia Michigan.
HARRIET ELIZABETH AUSTIN was born about 1851 in Ionia Michigan.
The children of MIRIAM HARRISON and JAMES CRAWFORD were:
JENNIE MATILDA CRAWFORD was born on April 19, 1861 in Ionia Michigan. She married JAMES DILDINE on May 18, 1878. They were both of Easton Twp., Ionia County Michigan. They issued HARRY, GLEN, and RAY.
DILLIA MELISSA CRAWFORD was born on September 18, 1863 in Ionia Michigan. She married WILLIAM DILDINE in 1880. They were both of Easton Twp., Ionia County Michigan. They issued LILLIAN and IVAH.
NATHAN HARRISON was born on June 14, 1828 in Holmes County Ohio and died on June 7, 1903 in Montcalm County Michigan. He married MARY JANE KIRK in Williams County Ohio. She was born on February 2, 1830 in Columbiana County Ohio and died on July 3, 1903. They are buried in Ferris Center Cemetery in Montcalm County Michigan. She is the daughter of ELISHA KIRK and MARY HARRISON. ELISHA KIRK was an uncle to the WILLIAM KIRK who married REBECCA HHARRISON the daughter of WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON and ELIZABETH PEDDICORD. NATHAN HARRISON was married to MARY JANE KIRK and lived in Williams County Ohio just at the dividing line of Ohio and Michigan. They later moved to Michigan. NATHAN and his brother in law HIRAM WALDRON lived at one time in Columbiana County Ohio. They had a Black Salts Pearling Works factory where they manufactured Potash and concentrated lye. The children of NATHAN HARRISON and MARY JANE KIRK were:
CYNTHIA HARRISON was born on March 18, 1855 and married ELIAS BOSTOFF who was born on November 14, 1852.
SAMANTHA HARRISON was born about 1857. She was married about 1887.
ELISHA HARRISON was born about 1859.
WALTER HARRISON was born on November 2, 1859 and was married to Rena Bostoff on September 15, 1883.
SIDWEL HARRISON was born on May 8, 1862 and was married on November 25, 1896 to Vernie Marragon at Vestaburg, Michigan.
IDA MAE HARRISON who married Alexander Ruperd. (See the Descendants of CHRISTIAN RUPERT for the information concerning this couple).
NETTIE HARRISON
MINNIA HARRISON
ALVA HARRISON
LIBBIE HARRISON
ARTHUR HARRISON
A twelfth child died in infancy.
ELIZABETH HARRISON was born on November 9, 1830 in Holmes County Ohio and died on July 30, 1899 in Ionia County Michigan. She married PETER JAY on February 10, 1850 in Pike Fulton County Ohio at the home of JOHN PEDDICORD. He was born on November 15, 1821 in New York State and died on January 23, 1908. They are buried in Ionia County Michigan. They were a Christian couple having associated with the United Brethren Church early in their lives. They moved from Fulton County Ohio to "Waldron" Michigan and then to Ionia County Michigan. The children of ELIZABETH HARRISON and PETER JAY were:
PHEBE ELLEN JAY was born on December 22, 1850. She married GEORGE WILSON on May 26, 1870 at Waldron Michigan. In 1884 PHEBE and her husband went on a trip by horse caravan to Kansas and returned home the same way in 1885. In 1926 they were living on a farm in Ionia County Michigan. They issued ANNIE ELIZABETH, EMMA MAY, WILLIAM HENRY, CASPER BRICE, LEVI HENRY, and FRANCIS GEORGE.
ELIZA MARIANA JAY was born on February 3, 1853 and died in January 1891in Lowell Michigan. She married ALANDON BOSTOFF on December 2, 1875 at Waldron Michigan. They issued EMERY and EMMA ALMIRA.
WILLIAM HENRY JAY was born on March 29, 1855. He married ALMIRA GIBBS on November 30, 1879 Waldron Michigan. They issued ERMA, LESTER, HERMAN, and COLUMBUS.
ALASKA F. JAY was born on November 9, 1831. He married CARA LAWRENCE on August 30, 1882 at Amboy Michigan. He was a Railroad Conductor. They issued ETHEL and JOHN LAWRENCE.
CASPER BRICE JAY was born on August 18, 1861. He married VILORA CONNER on January 15, 1883 at Waldron Michigan.
SENECA C. JAY was born on April 8, 1870. He married STELLA VAN NORTIVICK on June 8, 1892 at Entrican Michigan. He was a lumberjack and served in the U.S. Navy for five years.
MARY ANNE HARRISON was born on November 14, 1832 and died at her home on a farm on September 19, 1916 in Crystal Twp. Montcalm County Michigan. Her residence was listed as Rural Route #2 about 8 miles north and east of Stanton Michigan. She was married on February 15, 1852 to HIRAM WALDRON (twin brother of CYNTHIA WALDRON). He was born on April 30, 1828 in Onondaga County New York and died in his home in Montcalm County Michigan on January 2, 1917. They were married in Fulton County Ohio. He first met MARY ANNE at the home of her brother BAZIL and was reported to have said that there and then she would be MRS. HIRAM WALDRON. In 1849 HIRAM went to Fulton County and purchased a farm from the government. (Land Grant #) . After his marriage in 1852 they resided on this farm for 13 years. In December 1865 he moved his family to Williams County Ohio. They resided there for 11 years and in April 1876 he moved his family to Montcalm County Michigan. In 1860 this couple was converted to the United Brethren Church in Fulton County Ohio. They were true followers of their Lord and Master Jesus Christ until the day of their deaths. HIRAM was one of the workers who helped build the United Brethren Church in Fulton County. After the church was finished he reorganized the Sunday School and prayer meetings. After he moved to Montcalm County Michigan he was a Justice of the Peace for Ferris Twp. HIRAM had two brothers and two sisters. EDWARD and OLIVER, and AMANDA and MARY JANE. MARY ANNE was a member of the Church of God at Pine Grove from the time she moved from Ohio until the time of her death. She was buried at Ferris Cemetery, as was her husband. They left behind six children, Forty-two Grandchildren, fifty-four Great Grandchildren and one Great Great Grandchild. The children of MARY ANNE HARRISON and HIRAM EARL WALDRON will be shown in detail in the WALDRON section.
AGATHA HARRISON who died as an infant only six weeks old.
JOHN HARRISON who died and six months of age.
REBECCA HARRISON was born on January 28, 1836 in Logansport Cass County Indiana. She was married to WILLIAM KIRK on December 30, 1855 in Williams County Ohio. He was born on September 22, 1832 and died on August 19, 1910 from cancer of the duodenum. They lived several years in Williams County Ohio and Fulton County Ohio. They moved to Hillsdale County Michigan and lived there several years. Until they moved to Battlecreek Michigan. They adopted two children and provided a temporary home to several other children. He was a farmer for the greater part of his life. They were associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
MATILDA HARRISON was born on July 16, 1839 and died in Marion County Indiana about 1912. She is buried in the Marion Cemetery in Marion Indiana. She was married in July 1864 to JACOB BOYER. He died about 1907 or 1908. He is buried in the Marion Cemetery. They lived in Plymouth Mashall County Indiana. They moved to Fulton County Indiana and settled on a farm about 8 miles east of Kewanna Indiana. He later moved to a farm near Leiters Ford, Fulton County Indiana and lived there until his death.
MELISSA HARRISON was born on July 19, 1841 in Lucas County Ohio and died on November 2, 1875. She was buried in the Saulsbury Cemetery in Pike Twp. Fulton County Ohio. She was married in 1861 to ELIJAH McCONKEY. He was born on January 3, 1836 in Medina County Ohio and died on November 23, 1906 and is buried with his wife in the Saulsburg Cemetery. He was a Civil War veteran having enlisted in the 6th Ohio Volunteer Cavalry, company "K" on February 27, 1864. He was mustered out at Petersburg Virginia. He was 28 years old when he enlisted and served to the end of the war. During the war his company participated in the following battles. Mitchell's Shop or Ferrald's Mills; Yellow Tavern; Meadow Bridge Hawe's Shop; Cold Harbor; Bottom Bridge; Trevillan's Station; St. Mary's Church; Malvern Hill; Darbytown; Deep Bottom; Reams Station; Preblr's Farm; Boydtown Road; Stony Creek; Hatcher's Run; December 8-9 and again February 5-7 at Quaker Road; Dinwiddle Court House; Five Forks; Fetter's Ville; Deaton's Ville; Sailos's Creek; Farmville; High Bridge; and Appomattox or Lee's Surrender. (The following information was transcribed from T. T. Waffle, Captain U.S. Army, Civil War). At one time MR. McCONKEY was very sick; and he asked for dried herring. This Capt. Waffle went a long way to get them for him; and when he returned with them he gave them the whole box. To their surprise he did not stop until he had eaten the whole box. They thought surely so many herring at one time would kill MR. McCONKEY but he got better from that point on. Captain Wallfe always said that those herrings saved MR. McCONKEY life.
PRISCILLA HARRISON was born on December 8, 1844 in Watersville Lucas County Ohio and died on January 9, 1925 at 4:10 PM at the home of her son CLAUDE E ANDERSON. She died of Asthmatic Bronchitis and Lobor Pneumonia. She was married on January 15, 1865 at the home of her brother BAZIL in Kosciusko County Indiana to GEORGE ANDERSON. He was the son of JAMES ANDERSON and SARAH EATON. (SARAH EATON was a descendant of SAMUEL EATON whose father FRANCIS EATON was on the Mayflower). He was a Civil War veteran who served in Company I, 30th Regiment Indiana Volunteers. He enlisted on September 15, 1861 and served the better part of three years. He was discharged on February 11, 1863. He was in the battles of Shilo, the Wilderness, Antietam, Murfresboro, and Chicamaugee. He was buried in My Tabor Cemetery. He died in 1888. They lived in Kosciusko County Indiana. They then moved to Union Twp. in Rensselaer Indiana. She was associated with the United Brethren Church of Brushwood for as long as she lived in this area. In 1893 she traded her farm for a home in Chicago Heights Illinois and moved there. The children of PRISCILLA HARRISON and GEORGE ANDERSON were:
ALICE MELISSA ANDERSON was born on November 22, 1865 in Kosciusko County Indiana. She married CHARLES ADAM McCOLLY on December 13, 1884. He was born on July 8, 1865 in Deleware County Indiana.
ARTHUR JUDSON ANDERSON was born on January 14, 1870 in Kosciusko County Indiana.
JAMES HUDSON ANDERSON was born on May 26, 1873 in Kosciusko County Indiana.
GEORGE FERRIS ANDERSON was born on January 6, 1876 in Union Twp. Jasper County Indiana.
FREDERICK OMER ANDERSON was born on February 12, 1879 in Union Twp. Jasper County Indiana.
CLAUDE EARLE ANDERSON was born on July 4, 1881 in Union Twp. Jasper County Indiana.
HANNAH HARRISON who died at the age of 13 years old, unmarried, but was engaged to a soldier of the war of 1861-1865 (Civil War). She was born on March 6, 1849 and died on December 17, 1862. She is buried in the Baker Cemetery in Fulton County Ohio. HANNAH'S tombstone is a white marble slab, three inches thick, about sixteen inches wide and about three feet high. The inscription on her marker read; "Hannah Harrison, Daughter of W.H.H. & E. Harrison, died December 17th 1862, age 13 years, 9 months, and 17 days. Remember friends as you pass by, as you are now so once was I, as I am so you must be, Prepare for death and eternity".

Posted: 30 Mar 2003 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Ruperd/Rupert
Hi I am looking for a Washington Ruperd or Rupert I seen you have one in your message. Do you know much about this Washington did he marry a Diana or Diane Elliott did he have a son named James Alexander later changed his name to Rooper? thank you for any help debclark854@hotmail.com

Posted: 8 Jan 2004 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Rupert/McCauley/Matheny/Allen
Hi,
I was born a Rupert but was adopted an Allen. My real fathers name was Max Eugene Rupert and my real mothers name was Hazel Maria Matheny. On my real fathers sides mothers name was Dollie McCauley. That is all I know name wise on my real fathers side for the Ruperts. I do not know if we are related but thought I would ask. I have some more info on when my grandmother was born and died also about my real father Max Rupert and my real mother Hazel Matheny if you would like to know e-mail me.

Thank You,
Martha

LYN (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2004 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: RUPERT BIRCH
HI MARTHA, MY MOTHER WAS ADOPTED ,OR RAISED BY THE RUPERTS,WE CANT FIND KNOW ADOPTION RECORDS,BACK IN 1918,THEY MORE OR LESS JUST TOOK THEM IN,AND RAISED THEM,MY GGFATHER WAS HENRY ,THEY SETTLED IN PA. ABOUT 1830, HE HAD A BROTHER HARRY, HENRY SON WILLIAM C, MY GFATHER RAISED MY MOTHER, MY GFATHERS SON WAS WILLIAM WESLEY,A DAUGHTER LOIS WHO IS STILL LIVING IN PA.THEIR ALSO WAS LOTTIE,HENRYS SISTER,I GUESS I WILL NEVER FIND ALL THE FAMILY ,IN MY FAMILY TREE ,I SEE A HAZEL EMMA MCCONAHA, BUT MORE OF THE FAMILY TREE IS MY FATHERS SIDE, DO YOU THINK THE RUPERTS ,THAT YOU WAS, COULD BE MY UNCLE HARRY FAMILY,DO KNOW HIS WIFE WAS RENA KUNKLE, WHERE ARE YOU FROM ,WE LIVE IN INDIANA COUNTY PA. BY PITTSBURG, WELL PLEASE WRITE BACK , THANK YOU LYN VRESILOVIC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions