Search for content in message boards

King David Benge

King David Benge

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: BENGE
Hello,

I am a Benge Descendant.....from England to NC> VA> Clay County KY. (King David Benge) Does anyone have any BENGE photos of ancestors? They would sure be cherished!

Thank You!
Linda Antal - cantal@cinci.rr.com

Re: King David Benge

Posted: 4 May 2002 4:37PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2003 3:39AM GMT
I have some photos of BENGE people and would be happy to share with you. Which line are you descended from?

Posted: 4 May 2002 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: BENGE, STEWART
Thank you so much for being so kind to share some BENGE photos with me. I have so few but you are welcome to have whatever I have which is a Family Picture of my Grand-parents Tom & Flossie Benge-Stewart and their children. And, I also have a picture of my Great-Grandma Susan Benge.....but in all honesty, the picture is blurry and doesn't show her very well. I would love to get a better picture of my Great-Grandma if you happen to have one. If you don't have a scanner, I will be more than happy to pay for copying charges & postage. Office depot does a wonderful job with photo copying. I imagine any office supply store will do a great job....and they are so much more reasonable than going to a photographer to get copies. HOWEVER, if you have a scanner...this would be fantastic just to email me some. I actually would appreciate getting ANY Benge photos that you have at all.....but here is my direct line.

"King David" Benge & Lucrieta (if I am spelling her name correctly)

John "Jackie Benge & Philedelphia Ann Harrison-Benge

"Smiling" David Benge & Nancy Ellen Lincks-Benge

Susan Benge.....the fathers of her children were 2 by Sam Wyatt & 2 by Elihue Allen

Flossie Benge & Tom Stewart

Have you gone to Don Chesnut's web site? He has a lot of our family information recorded. http://www.donchesnut.com

By the way, do you happen to have a copy of King David Benge records from the battle at King's Mountain? I would "love" to have a copy. It is my understanding that we qualify for DAR or SAR if we have that copy. If you don't have it...do you know where we could get a copy?

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Are you planning on coming to the BENGE reunion? It is held over Labor Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) At Levi Jackson State Park. I'll find out more details and let you know if you are interested.

Linda Antal - cantal@cinci.rr.com

Norma (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: BENGE, ALLEN
My grandmother was Emma Benge, she had a sister I think her name was Artie. I think she had 2 brothers, one was Henry and I'm not sure about the other. She was from either Manchester or London KY. I do have some photos of family not sure who they are. One is a picture of Dink Benge and his wife. One of my great grandmother I think but am not sure what her name was. My grandmother married a John Allen he past awayed then she married his brother Ben. She was born October 20,1889. If there is any connection I would share the photos I have.

Posted: 27 Aug 2002 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: BENGE, PERRY, CORNETT
We are definately related through the Benge Family!!!

We both descend down from KING DAVID BENGE & LUCREITA PERRY! They had a son named Lewis Franklin Benge who was married to Margaret "Peggy" Cornett. Their son was Daniel Benge who was married to Mary Stivers. Artimica "Artie," Dink & Emma also had many other brothers & sisters. Daniel & Mary Benge had 11 children altogether.

** Now, I descend from KING DAVID BENGE & LUCREITA PERRY....through their son John "Jackie" Benge who was the brother of your Lewis Franklin Benge.....John Jackie Benge was married to Philedelphia Ann Harrison. They son was named "Smiling" David Benge who was married to Nancy Ellen Lincks......they had 13 children....one was my great-grandmother Susan Benge. Susan Benge had a relationship with Elihu Allen and had 2 children by him (one being my Grandma Flossie Benge who married Thomas Stewart)....but whether or not Elihu is related to your Allen's....I just don't know. But, one thing is for sure...we are related through the Benge Family....and I sure would love to have all the photos you are willing to share with me. When I go to the Benge Reunion...maybe some of the older generation would know who is in those pictures! It's worth a try anyway.

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?o...

Click this link or go to http://www.donchesnut.com and click OUR ANCESTORS...then click DATABASE....then key in Benge, Dink.....and you will see his information as well as who his parents were and other siblings.

I sure will be looking forward to seeing these photos!

Thank You So Much!

Linda Farris Antal - cantal@cinci.rr.com

Norma (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 3:53AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: BENGE, STIVERS
I have never been so excitied as I am tonight. I actually have found out about some of my family. Once they arrived in Indiana they never went back. No one ever told me my grandparents names. I'm sure I have pictures of Mary Stivers Benge.I may also have a picture of Daniel Benge. I know I have them of Dink. They used to tease me about being like Hensley. I thought they were saying Henry. I met Aunt Artie and her daughter Gertie. I have pictures of that day. Grandma Emma, Aunt Artie, Gertie, my Mother and myself. I think it was like 1956 or 57. I was a little girl. Do you know where they are buried? I will try to get the pictures scanned this week and get them to you before the reunion. I have never been to that part of Kentucky where my family was born and raised. My father's family is also from that part of Kentucky. I do plan on next year taking a week and trying to find out more about those I never knew. Bless you and yours.

Posted: 27 Aug 2002 5:01AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:32PM GMT
I am so happy that you have found some of your roots. Don Chesnut is a distant cousin.....throught the Cornetts (I think). He has his email address at the top of the page on his home page at RootsWeb at http://www.donchesnut.com......He will be a big help to you.

I don't know where your direct ancestors are buried......I am still locating some I was searching. A good way to find them is to either make a post on the BENGE mailing list.....if you haven't joined that just go to Rootsweb.com homepage and go to THE MAILING LIST...click INDEX....then click surnames....and find BENGE and click that. I belong to that list in addition to posting inquiries on this message board. Once you start posting inquiries on these boards...you will find many people that will help you. The same thing goes for the Clay County List....and Laurel County List. On the same Rootsweb.com page just click KY...then a list of counties comes up...then click the county you prefer. I belong to BOTH. They have been so helpful with finding long lost family.....they help with the census......and finding where people are buried. I have even had some really nice volunteers who have gone to the cemeteries to take a photo of the grave sites for me. You can also contact the Laurel County Historical Society & Clay County Historical Society.. I don't have their phone numbers handy...but you can just key them into your GOOGLE search engine....or whatever you have...and their phone numbers will be on their homepages. I have called and sent away for documents such as marriage licence's and Land Records & so on. ALSO....email searh@lineages.com and send an email to Heidi with a request for whatever you want found. They are out in Salt Lake City, Utah....and actually go to the vaults to obtain records. They have been a BIG help to me when I had trouble finding records on my own. And, I think they are really reasonable.

I am so happy to have been able to help you.....lets's keep in touch. Where do you live? I am from Hamilton, Ohio......a large wave of Kentuckians moved to Hamilton after the turn of the century looking for employment because we were a booming industrial town at the time. There are so many people who originated from KY living here in Hamilton....that it has been nicknamed Hamiltucky.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

Posted: 27 Aug 2002 5:33AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Benge
OPPS! Towards the last of my last message to you...I was telling you about also writing to LINEAGES out in Utah. Well, I made a typo in their email address. It should have read search@lineages.com .......and just put it to the attention of Heidi. They have been so helpful. They look up records over-seas also.....even ships lists. You should write to them to see what all they do cover.

Keep In Touch!

Norma (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2004 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Benge
I will be using all the tips you have given me. My father was also from that part of Kentucky so basically I can take care of both searches. I live in Indianapolis the same thing all of my grandmas children moved here. Actually the Benge line is here more than you would beieve I'm going to get with one of my cousins as soon as possible to go over all of this. I will keep in touch. Are we allowed to put attachments on this board? I will be trying to get those pictures to you asap.

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: BENGE, HOSKINS
Hello! My name is Tammy, and my great grandmother, Emma Jane Benge (married to Abe Hoskins) did live in the London, KY area. I would be delighted to receive any pictures you have of her. I knew her well, in that she died when I was 14 years old.
I recently told my mother of a story great gran told me when I was very little about why she chewed tobacco. She said the doctor told her she had a whole in her chest that needed filling. The tobacco was to remedy that. Funny what you'll believe when you're a child. :)
Anyway, I don't have a scanner, but would be more than happy to pay for any shipping/copying charges. I do have several photocopies of pictures, myself, if you would be interested.
Please email me at tkeil@netnitco.net if you have any questions concerning my address, etc.
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions