Search for content in message boards

Herbert Westcott

Herbert Westcott

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 3:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Westcott
I am trying to find connections to Herbert Westcott. I know he was born in Sept 30, 1881 or 1882 and was born in England. He married Amy A. Colbourn born Dec. 1, 1882. They had four children Joseph 1/3/1902 born in England/Wales? Cyril Jack born 1905/06? in England, Lillian Alice unknown birth born in the US and Amy unknown birth year also born in the US.

My grandmother who is the daughter of Joseph does not know the names of his parents and we have names of 2 brothers James Thomas born around1878 and George born around 1880.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any information from possible matches! I can be reached at tinkswimsthrutime@ourcrew.us which is my genealogy search email.

Thanks,
~Alura

Re: Herbert Westcott

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 9:39PM GMT
If it may help you:
Herbert's naturalization papers say:
He was born on Sept.30,1881 in Burnham, England;his wife Amy was born in Portishead,England; he filed his declaration of intent to become a US citizen on Oct.3,1912,and received citizenship on June 29,1910.
Stated he had children Joseph,born Mar.1,1906 and Cyril Jack born Nov.9,1905-both in Wales;and Lillian Alice born Dec.12,1909 in Carbondale,PA.
He left Liverpool England bound for the US aboard the ship Teutonic on June 5,1906, and arrived in NY,NY on June 15,1906. If you've not done so, you can go to ellisisland.org and find the arrival records of Herbert and Amy (she arrived with her sons in Oct.1908 aboard the Lusitania)Traveling with Herbert were Jamas Thomas Westcott and William Thomas Westcott.
The family is in Carbondale,PA 1910 & 1920 census;in 1910 Herbert's brother James Thomas lives with them; he was 32 and widowed at the time.
Birth records for England/Wales show that Cyril Jack was born in Glamorgan-Mid Glamorgan Wales;a Joseph Westcott of the appropriate year was born in the same place.

Re: Herbert Westcott

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 2:03AM GMT
I did see that and printed it out. I have the names of his children because Joseph was my greatgrandpa. We just do not have the names of his parents and I can't seem to find census with both Herbert and James so I haven't been able to find a possible match for parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions