Search for content in message boards

Sepulveda Family - Sinaloa, Mexico

Sepulveda Family - Sinaloa, Mexico

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 9:46PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2001 5:31PM GMT
Does anyone out their know where this family came from in the state of Sinaloa in Mexico. It seems that information I came across states that Juan Jose Sepulveda DOB (About): 1720 and his wife Ana Maria Josefa Garcia DOB: 1720 were part owner of Rancho Pal Mar de Roxas Y Sepulveda. I'm assuming that it is located east of Villa de Sinoloa, Mexico. They had one son named Francisco Xavier Sepulveda DOB: 1742 who married Maria Candelaria de Redondo in Mexico. Any help on Juan Jose and Ana Maria would be appreciated. If you know where the ranch is location please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Sepulveda Family - Sinaloa, Mexico

Flavio (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 2:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Oye richard espero que sepas español, yo se donde esta localizado el rancho el palmar de los sepulveda como lo conocemos, para llegar a el primero debes llegar a guamuchil que esta sobre la carretera interncional antes de culiacan de ahi tomas la salida o carretera a la cienega de casal, luego continuas a otro rancho que se llama mazates de los lopez ahi hay una bifurcacion por los dos caminos llegas al palmar de los sepulveda yo naci y vivi en higueras de los vega a unos 6 kms del palmar de los sepulveda, mi bisabuelo pablo Lopez ambien vivio ahi en el palmar, de guamuchil esta como a unos 30 km hacia la sierra.
tengo entendido que unos sepulveda de ahi viven aqui en mexicali por el area de san marcos la direccion exacta no la se. bueno espero que te sirva.

Posted: 1 Jun 2011 6:19PM GMT
Hello,
Mi abuelita es de ahi. Ella se llama Maria de los Angeles Sepulveda. Y vive en Mexicali.

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 3:36AM GMT
Hello, My name is Richard Sepulveda and I have been trying to trace my ancestor's from Sinaloa, Mexico I hope you speak english as my Spanish is very limited. Would like to hear from you regarding your aunt Maria de Los Angeles who has some connections to Sinaloa, Mexico. I hope you get this e-mail. I can read Spanish but have trouble speaking it as I don't get a chance to use it with others. Every one here speaks English. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Sepulveda Family - Juan Josef Sepulveda
Hi Richard,

I see this thread began 10 yrs. ago.

My 6th GGM, the widow of the Juan Bautista de Anza Expedition of 1775-1776, Maria Feliciana Arballo de Gutierrez (that later married my 6th GGF, Lopez & a Tenorio). She had 2 little girls w/her on that Expedition ... her eldest one later married a Juan Josef Sepulveda ... he is of those Sepulveda's from Sinaloa. If I recall correctly, his father and Grandfather were named Francisco Sepulveda.

You can look in Marie Northrop's Vol #1 book or go to Rootsweb you can pull them up; a daughter of JJS and Maria Thomasa Gutierrez was a Maria de los Dolores Sepulveda ... keep clicking on her husband from KY, his family one of them takes eventually leads you to the Scotsman, last name of Rolfe, that married the Indian Princess Nicketti, daughter of the Powhatan Chief. a daughter Cleopatra and her sister Pocahontas ... I'm not even kidding.

Btw: Feliciana's other daughter Maria Eustaquia married Jose Maria Dario Pico ... they were the parents of many, including both Governors Andres and Pio Pico.

Because of Feliciana, I am half related to the Pico and the Sepulveda families. After Maria Thomasa died, her husband married an Avila Y Osuna as his 2nd wife, but Thomasa did have at least one son I know of w/JJS.

She, ironically enough died in April 1798 and 4 records after her entry, on the same page was her stepfather, my 6th GGF, don Juan Francisco Lopez 6 Jan 1800.

Hope this helps you.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyTerms and Conditions