Search for content in message boards

Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Linda Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2005 6:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to hear from anyone regarding Abraham Marcus Salle(e) and his descendants. I'm fairly new at this but have quite a bit of information that someone else has done and am adding to it. According to what I have Abraham Marcus Sallee is my Eighth Great-Grandfather. Lineage runs from him to William Guillaume Salle, William Salle, George Salle, Abram S. Sallee, Franklin Sallee, Martha Jane Sallee, Lenora Camelia Casey, Bert Jasper Cooper, Bert Eugene Cooper and me. (there may be another William Salle in between William and George). From Abram S. Sallee through Bert Jasper Cooper the family was located in Cedar County, Missouri. Bert moved to Kansas. Would love to share anything I have with anyone and hope others will share with me to expand. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Am trying to locate the father or grandfatherRe: Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 4:53PM GMT
am trying to locate the parents of Peter Sallee or even his grandparents He was the father of my great grandmother Melinda Sallee Marlene of Ohio embree995@aol.com

Am trying to locate the father or grandfatherRe: Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 4:54PM GMT
am trying to locate the parents of Peter Sallee or even his grandparents He was the father of my great grandmother Melinda Sallee Marlene of Ohio embree995@aol.com

Re: Am trying to locate the father or grandfatherRe: Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Judy Jefferson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2005 11:50PM GMT
When was Peter or Melinda born?

Re: Abraham Marcus Salle Born in France Died in Virginia

Posted: 4 Jun 2011 10:01PM GMT
Linda: I saw this old thread and hope you are still on Ancestry and receive this msg. I also descend from this Sallee line and mine follows many of the same people as yours. My lineage runs from Abraham Marcus Sallee to William Guillaume Salle, William Salle, George Salle, Abram S. Sallee, then here is where my line differs: then James Sallee and his daughter Martha Jane Sallee who married Thomas Jasper Casey. I am wondering if the Martha Jane Sallee you mention is the same as mine and I am incorrect in thinking her father was James Sallee instead of Franklin Sallee like your line. Is your Martha Jane Sallee the one who married Thomas Jasper Casey? Would love any info you can provide on her if so. Thank you and let me know if you have any questions or me.

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 3:44PM GMT
I too am a decendent of the Sallees from Va. Dating back to 1775+\-, lines date to John O. Salle, Edward Sallee who died in 1851. I have some info from his will. He was survivved by his wife Magdalene. I believe theey went to Montgomery Co., Ky in 1829. Would love to hear from anyone. Bass.stevenL@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 2:59AM GMT
hello my name is victoria. i also descend from this sallee line. here is my info my great great grandfather is Thomas sallee!

In the 1920 Hart County Census is the following: House #85 Thomas Sallie(this is the way it is spelled in the census), age 4l, ky., Rosa Sallie, Wife, age 23, ky., Joseph Sallie, son, age 4, ky., Lillie Sallie, dau. age 2, ky, -va Sallie, dau age l/2., ky. and Hulda Whitman, Mother-in-law, Age 63, Ky. In house#86, is the following: H.E. Sallie, head, age 40, Ky., Mary E. wife, Age 26, Ky., Jimy, son, age 8, ky., Roy, son, age 6, Harvey, son, age 3, Lettie, Dau., Age 2-l/2. Hope this will help you a little.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions